Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

it seems like 80% of my pimples leave them.. i know some people [like Dan] don't get them. there has to be an explanation...?

Posted

something to do with each individual's skin-healing process would be my guess...but it'd be nice to know the scientific reason :confused:

Posted

for the amount of red marks i have, i'm surprised that i have very little scarring. hmmmmmm, but the red marks are several years old. its BS i tell you!!

Posted

Genetic? I don't think so.

I agree with ami24...because of the healing process...if an acne is healed PROPERLY, then redmarks would fade quick (< a month).

Posted

Genetic? I don't think so.

I agree with ami24...because of the healing process...if an acne is healed PROPERLY, then redmarks would fade quick (< a month).

yes, I noticed that when I didn't put BP or any other med on pimples they only left pink marks, not red. I used neosporin on a couple that I picked, and they are only light pink instead of the usual dark red :dance:

Posted
No. Red marks left on the site of old acne lesions are usually temporary (see picture below). Red marks are simply a normal remnant of the skin’s inflammatory process - Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). Pigmented areas will fade unassisted, though they can take up to 2 years to disappear.

wrong..

Posted

No. Red marks left on the site of old acne lesions are usually temporary (see picture below). Red marks are simply a normal remnant of the skin’s inflammatory process - Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). Pigmented areas will fade unassisted, though they can take up to 2 years to disappear.

wrong..

Because your redmarks are already 4 years old?

Are you sure you have redmarks?

My old redmarks faded (about a years)..but, I still getting new redmarks...overall, I still have redmarks.

Posted

yes and they lightened when i did stuff to it.

Posted

Good Luck for your peel soon!

Posted

thanks

Posted

one thing i dont get .. is i only started getting red marks when my acne started getting worse.. i had been using prescription stuff since i was about 12-13 for mild acne that didnt friggin control my life liek it does now and im 18 now but about 2 years ago my acne flarred up and never went away it was THNE i started getting red marks. why is that? i never had any problems previously.. i got pimples but i wasnt left with marks at all.

my cheeks are ALL red marks. and i've had them for about 1year and a half =( why did my skin change all of a sudden?

Posted

one thing i dont get .. is i only started getting red marks when my acne started getting worse.. i had been using prescription stuff since i was about 12-13 for mild acne that didnt friggin control my life liek it does now and im 18 now but about 2 years ago my acne flarred up and never went away it was THNE i started getting red marks. why is that? i never had any problems previously.. i got pimples but i wasnt left with marks at all.

my cheeks are ALL red marks. and i've had them for about 1year and a half =( why did my skin change all of a sudden?

SAME here!

The effect of bad diet?

Posted

i get red marks from your basic pimple :(

Posted

I get red marks from pustles only. On the rare occasion I get a nodule I don't get one. Whiteheads even when picked don't leave one. It's usually pustules for me and mainly ones I have fiddled with!My marks do tend to be pink rather than red though but some have stayed a long time. Then when the pink marks are gone My face still looks quite blotchy uneven in tone.......

Posted

we have red marks because our skin is still inflammed

Posted

we have red marks because our skin is still inflammed

explain.

and how can it be inflammed after 4 years?

Posted

I think I know why to prevent redmarks, or at least make it fade faster after pimples healed!

Put Tea Tree Oil...and the pimples will dry...rub off the blood..and apply TTO again until no blood coming out from the pimple!

I have experienced this myself...and yes, my NEW redmarks faded quicker (within 2 weeks)

Posted

I think I know why to prevent redmarks, or at least make it fade faster after pimples healed!

Put Tea Tree Oil...and the pimples will dry...rub off the blood..and apply TTO again until no blood coming out from the pimple!

I have experienced this myself...and yes, my NEW redmarks faded quicker (within 2 weeks)

where you buy it

Posted

TTO from TheBodyShop!

Posted

.com?

Posted

*stab* @ redmarks

i mostly just have red marks now

they are so freaking annoying :wall:

Posted

*stab* @ redmarks

i mostly just have red marks now