Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jacque

Extremely Oily Skin!!!

I have horribly oily skin and have for all my life, I have tried everything over the counter for it and nothing works, been to dermatologists and they want me on antibotics for life. I also have Rosacea and so my skin is very sensitive.

I am 49 and every dermatologist has told me how happy I will be with oily skin when I am 60 because I wont wrinkle as bad. Well that is all well and fine, but I am tired of being shiny and greasy all the time. I rinse my face with water about 6 or 8 times a day to keep the oil down.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I also have terribly oily skin. Lately I've been blotting and blotting all day instead of washing more or even rinsing as you do. It seems that I have fewer breakouts (which really makes me wonder if the theory of "washing too much makes your acne worse" is true), although just blotting does not give me that nice clean feeling like washing and rinsing do.

I've tried products that are supposed to soak up the extra oil, and they feel heavy and weird on my skin, and usually didn't work well for me anyway.

It sounds like there will be a lot of us who will be wrinkle-free at 60!!

Yeah, I am sure there are alot out there like us, but I think I would rather battle a few wrinkles than deal with oil slick face. LOL

Yes, I use the blotting sheet, just wish there was a solution. I think we with really oily skin should contact the makeup makers and tell them that if they can get a product to work on us, then they really have something.

I drink alot of water which seems to help alittle. I live on the East coast and even in the winter my skin is out of control oily.

I'm in the midwest and our winters don't make a difference to my skin either. Except my hands get really dry. Too bad I can't take some of the (abundant!) oil from my face and use it on my hands!

have napkins handy all the time, and wipe your face down.

Like they dont know this. Not helping with such comments. Try Clinac by Ferndale labs. If your female see if you can get on Spriolactone.

I just wanted to say that anyone who is reading this should know that they are not alone. Probably what angers me the most are the people who are upset that there face gets oily by early evening. No matter what I do, it comes back every hour. I can soak a clean and clear blot sheet every hour. I have tried EVERYTHING. And in a way it makes sense for REALLY oily people, there's nothing we can do except take internal medicine that will cut off the oil production- and that is accutane which is not an option for people that just have oily skin. I attempted to try the B5 thing of 20 pills a day, didn't have much like and had to give up because I was gagging due to taking so many pills the thought of them just turned my stomach. I've tried not using anything on my face but a gentle soap and moisturizer..no luck..tried every cream there is every toner even tried an aspirin mask and milk of magnesia (laxative) and vinegar because I heard they would help oily skin. Even top dollar things I have tried that work for most people just don't work for me. It totally rules my life. I cant handle a job where I'm with people constantly and I can't excuse myself to go blot..I don't like hanging out with people for more then a few hours because I'm afraid they are going to catch on to me excusing myself so much and think i'm weird. I've become completely obsessed with my apperance because I have to look in the mirror so much I'm CONSTANTLY powdering and blotting every 45 minutes its a nightmare..so I would really want to talk to someone that can relate because I feel like I'm the only one with truely OILY OILY skin and nothing helps it what so ever.

hello,

i understand completely. i have extemely oily skin and i hate it. my make up is usually sliding off by 11 am. i too have tried everything including accutane and nothing has helped a whole lot. i recently tried clarins oily skin line which includes a oily skin cleanser and a mattifying moisturizer- this did absolutely nothing and it seemed that my skin was more oily than it was before. ive tried not using a moisturizer at all and that doesnt work cuz my make up doesnt go on smooth and looks cakey. the best over the counter product ive used is mac green gel cleanser followed by mac oil control lotion. i still get oily but it does help to some degree

I have horribly oily skin and have for all my life, I have tried everything over the counter for it and nothing works, been to dermatologists and they want me on antibotics for life. I also have Rosacea and so my skin is very sensitive.

I am 49 and every dermatologist has told me how happy I will be with oily skin when I am 60 because I wont wrinkle as bad. Well that is all well and fine, but I am tired of being shiny and greasy all the time. I rinse my face with water about 6 or 8 times a day to keep the oil down.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

try all these should help i had extremly oily nose.

oily skin=It is a symptom of zinc deficiency and manganese dificiency

zinc acetate 50mg/day

magnanese 50/day((also)vitamin c 1000mg sodium ascorbate helps absorbtion)

large pores=Large pores, interestingly relates to the body's ability to heal wounds.

vitamin b5 500mg/day

Inositol 500mg/day

brandylee, thank you for posting what you did! i completely understand what you're talking about, i even get sick of people who are complaining that their face gets "oily" after 3-4 hours... mine is an OIL SLICK after an hour! my pores are huge, i'm also always blotting.. & omg, the constant fear that someone might touch my face & have their hands slip off!! or having to see them slyly wipe their hands on their jeans! so horrible. :( i've also tried so many things, the milk of magnesium (oh yes, laxatives), lancome's oil control, clinique, retin-a, etc etc. it all sucks.

but anyway, i *have* found something that is like my breakthrough holy grail. shiseido's sun protection 55spf has been a miracle for my oily skin. it is kind of pricey, $40 for 100ml, but you dont need much & i think its going to last me a while. i know the whole sunscreen thing is really scary for us oily people, but this stuff really does actually dry matte & doesn't add a greasy feel to your skin. the texture is rather thin, almost milky. i've been using it for the past month & am in love with it. when i press my fingers to my face, i always expect to see my fingers glistening with oil, but with this shiseido stuff, there is hardly ANY oil!

it isn't completely perfect, but i dont need to blot/powder 5 times throughout the day anymore. the 1 time i do blot, there is WAY less oil than before. it kind of feels heavy at the end of the day, & this stuff is waterproof, so you need an oil cleanser (again, pricey at $25 for a 3 months supply) to get it off, or face bad breakouts. i've been trying to minimize the time this stuff stays on my face, so i usually clean it all off by 9pm (trust me, this is a difficult task due to college).

i've heard that "shiseido sun screen 50" works just as well as the 55spf, & its ~$12/25ml on ebay. it comes in a 'mild' version, which is not waterproof, so that might be good for those of you not wanting to have to buy an oil cleanser. anyway, seirously, PLEASE try out this sunscreen, it TRULY reduces my oiliness & if anything, it has excellent SPF protection, which we all need!

Howdy, I’ve got a problem with facial oil too. I get pretty oily usually 2 or so hours after washing. I’ll then blot and the oil will be mostly gone for maybe 2 more hours, although my face still feels greasy. So, I’m blotting quite a bit during the day, which sucks. I guess I should say I used to blot alot during the day. See below for explanation.

i'm also always blotting.. & omg, the constant fear that someone might touch my face & have their hands slip off!! or having to see them slyly wipe their hands on their jeans! so horrible.

When I was younger my face was an oil slick - I still have some oil but now its more of a combination/oily thing and much easier to deal with. I used to work constantly at drying out my skin (excessive washing, masks, medications - never using moisturizer) and it was always just as oily as ever in a few minutes.

On the advice of a friend I finally took a different approach. Instead of drying out my skin I started this: washing with mild soap and water 2 times a day, exfoliating 1 time a day, and moisturizing thoroughly with oil free moisturizer morning and night.

After a couple of weeks of that regimin my face stopped being sooooo oily and its now what I call combo/oily.

I dont know if it will work for anyone else but I thought Id throw it out there in case anyone wants to give it a try.

i want to stress to everyone that im more and more impressed with the mac products. ive tried everything for my oily skin and these products are by far the best. they are expensive but like they say you get what you pay for. and more importantly they have not irritated my skin at all!! plus a little of the products go a long way it doesnt take very much. cleanser- mac green gel cleanser 18.50 mac oil control lotion 26.00

im sure you will be pleased and shocked the same as i was!!!

Count me in the oily skin group too.

I can wash, and within 20 mins. see oil coming out of my pores.

I have the oiliest skin out of anyone I know.

Accutane dried up all the oil, but it all eventually came back.

If only I could bottle my oil and give it to people with dry skin!!

I have actually thought of sitting in front of a mirror to see if I could watch the oil coming out--I'm oily after 20 minutes too.

These mac products--do they feel weird on your skin? Most stuff I've tried, even if it does work, seems to feel either sticky or heavy or something--they feel weird enough that I would rather mop up the oil than have the products sitting on my skin.