Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
halo

'The acne cure' confusion

Hey guys, i bought Dr.Dubrows acne cure book and it all seems to make sense but i felt he didn't go into enough detail of the skincare procedure. Are you meant to wash your face with the salyic acid+glycolic acid in the mornings as well as evenings? Also how long do you leave the glycolic acid product on the skin for before washing off? :-k

I tried the Acne Cure and it did nothing and my Acne was only mild I haven't got much faith in actually 'washing' with BP to work well BP needs to be absorbed into the skin just as Dan recomends not washed of. Try the Acne Cure but if it fails which it probally will do the Regimen it's the best!

As for the Glycolic Acid i'm not sure either but try The "Over The Counter" board as there are alot of people who have tried the Acne cure that visit that board regulary.

wash with SA, then GA in the morning, then moisturizer.

In the evenings, wash with SA only( when you first started, putting too much, using too much of GA is gonna make your face go tomato red. )Then after the SA in the evening, do the BP step.

Halo- I now use half acne cure & half Dan's regimen and I have not had a breakout since my third week of Dan's regimen. I started Dan's routine in July then went to the following;

Morning

Nuetrogena Acne Wash- dime size dollop with drop or two of water

massage onto face and wait a minute or two

rinse

Walgreens AHA lotion, dime size dollop, drop or two of water massage onto face and wait a minute or two(actually I dry my hair so it's about 5 minutes)

rinse

Moisturize- Eucerin Renewal

Night

Neutrogena Acne Wash as above

rinse

lots of bp

Eucerin Renewal

This routine has kept me clear and has even lightened my red marks and gotten my cysts down to almost nothing (just a lump that I can feel but can't really see anymore!)

Once in awhile I still ice the bp and face but really don't need to anymore. I also added more bp after I iced.

Hope this works for you as well as it does for me!

I think with the sa it is best to use a SA wash and don't wet your face first but mix the wash and some water and then spread around your face. Let sit for two minutes and then add more water and actually wash your face. This seems to work for me. I think you can actually buy SA gel, which is used for on the spot treatment, but I don't think that would clean your face that well (such as if you are removing make-up). As for the GA, I actually use Total Skin Care GA which is a gel that you rub into your face. I add a few drops of water, rub it around. Let is sit for 2 minutes (it starts to make my face tight as it drys but no irritation occurs) and then I rinse it off. Some people I have read actually use lotion that has GA in it. You just want to make sure that there is not clooging properties =D> in the lotion.

Hope this helps.