Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mz. Deadsiemusie

iPLEDGE hate thread

Guest ThereIsHope

My mom dropped off my first prescription and ipledge card at the pharmacy yesterday...........hopefully everything went well. :pray:

I know! i hate ipledge, also there is absolutely no point for men to go through it. We can't get pregnant!1 so stupid!

I almost missed out on my prescription one month because of it. luckily they got it straightened out.

I've never had a problem; although, there was one time where I couldn't get my prescription on a particular day, but that was because the dermatology office didn't put it into the computer when they said they would.

I hope you're able to get your prescription.

the hotline and website are rediculous. I understand the background to why it was enacted.. But good god.. It's easier for me to get a narcotic pain killer filled at the pharmacy!

I know!!! I was supposed to start accutane a week ago and due to the retarded Ipledge system I have to wait... thank goodness the wait is only for a few more days but it was disheartening news initally!

i hate it also cuz the pharmacy people have no idea how to do any of it. they always screw up.

oh and i hate when the know it all workers at the pharmacy say "i cant fill your prescription without the sticker." than they give me a bunch of attitude when i tell them thats the old system.

the hotline and website are rediculous. I understand the background to why it was enacted.. But good god.. It's easier for me to get a narcotic pain killer filled at the pharmacy!

Although I think the iPledge thing is a big waste of time and money, I have never had a problem. Well, I had a hard time understanding it at first but I was lucky in that both my pharmacy and my derm's nurse understood it quite well.

Hopefully I won't encounter any problems in the future. I only pay $10 for accutane right now and was considering switching to Walmart if I could get the $4 pills. But I like Eckerd. They're competent. I will stick with them.

Platinum

so sad.

on monday i saw my derm and he admitted he was taking accutane "the worst thing for a dermatologist is to have acne" in his own words.

he was so upset at how hard it was for him to get it. i was like now you know what ive been going through.

he said in every other country isotretinoin 40 mg is the first thing they give anyone who even has the slightest worry about cosmetic acne. but here in the states we make people wait years and take useless treatmetns like antibiotics or lasers first.

and now there is ipledge to make it even more difficult. im glad im done with it. fuck america.

iPledge is retarded.

I could care less if some girl wants to take accutane and get knocked up. That's her problem, not mine. The dangers are made clear, there is no need for iPledge.

Can someone explain to me the process you, the derm's office, and the pharmacy has to go through with iPledge??? I know it's got to be a pain in the ass, but no one has explained to me exactly what has to be done.

Thanks.

so sad.

on monday i saw my derm and he admitted he was taking accutane "the worst thing for a dermatologist is to have acne" in his own words.

he was so upset at how hard it was for him to get it. i was like now you know what ive been going through.

he said in every other country isotretinoin 40 mg is the first thing they give anyone who even has the slightest worry about cosmetic acne. but here in the states we make people wait years and take useless treatmetns like antibiotics or lasers first.

and now there is ipledge to make it even more difficult. im glad im done with it. fuck america.

it's because everyone in america is so afraid of saying the word abortion. if a girl goes on accutane she needs to accept the responsibility that if she gets pregnant, she needs to get an abortion. if she is not comfortable with that she should either abstain from sex or not take accutane. this is the real issue here. other countries do not have the crazy religious right making laws about the medical system.

yeah i was supposed to be starting accutane yesterday and after we dropped off the prescription and the ipledge card walgreens called and said that my account was unauthorized??? and idk how its not working because i took the test online, got my blood taken, and seen my dermatologist when i was supposed to. so now i have to wait until monday to talk to my dermatologist and see when i can start taking it. ipledge is so stupid!

yeah i was supposed to be starting accutane yesterday and after we dropped off the prescription and the ipledge card walgreens called and said that my account was unauthorized??? and idk how its not working because i took the test online, got my blood taken, and seen my dermatologist when i was supposed to. so now i have to wait until monday to talk to my dermatologist and see when i can start taking it. ipledge is so stupid!

call iPLEDGE and see whats going on. you should get it taken care of as soon as possible so you don't get locked out of your prescription for a month.

the first time I was on accutane they didn't have iPLEDGE. x_X I'm going on it again and they're like "sign these 2832938209382938 papers and now you have to wait 30 days before you can get accutane."

how annoying. I'm 16 and not sexually active. Why do I have to wait 30 days?? :doubt:

oh well. my 30 day wait is up in a little over a week. then accutane is all mine!! :drool:

i hate it also cuz the pharmacy people have no idea how to do any of it. they always screw up.

oh and i hate when the know it all workers at the pharmacy say "i cant fill your prescription without the sticker." than they give me a bunch of attitude when i tell them thats the old system.

A-FUCKING-MEN! Read my log, I went through this every month.

Can someone explain to me the process you, the derm's office, and the pharmacy has to go through with iPledge??? I know it's got to be a pain in the ass, but no one has explained to me exactly what has to be done.

Thanks.

We don't have enough room in these forums to explain all that.

it was explained to me that some females got pregnant while on accutane. they were of the sexually reproductive age and lied about being sexually active. their doctors never even thought to put them on birth control... i think it's ironic that the Bush FDA implemented this.. because the iPLEDGE booklet talks ALL about safe sex in it.. but Bush's policy is to teach abstinence.. seems funny, doesn't it?

Call iPLEDGE ASAP! This is one of those weird problems that can take days for them to sort out, and your 7 day window is counting down.

it was explained to me that some females got pregnant while on accutane. they were of the sexually reproductive age and lied about being sexually active. their doctors never even thought to put them on birth control... i think it's ironic that the Bush FDA implemented this.. because the iPLEDGE booklet talks ALL about safe sex in it.. but Bush's policy is to teach abstinence.. seems funny, doesn't it?

This is one of the reasons that it baffles me that abstinence is allowed as a BC choice for this program. People who are abstinent have a way of becoming active in the heat of the moment, in the blink of an eye. (No offense meant to the responsible people that understand the importance of remaining abstinent if that's what you've pledged.) Then there is the fact that many active teenagers are forced to make these choices in the presence of their parents - they don't want their parents to know that they are sexually active, so they choose "abstinence" on the form. And women have gotten pregnant even when they agreed to the birth control - they either fail to use it properly, fail to use the secondary back-up form, or just don't use it all and lie to their derms. And there really isn't anything to be done about that - some people just beleive that it can't happen to them, and we all pay the price.

And regarding Bush - the object of this program is to prevent abortions which are deemed much worse than sex itself by some. Abstinence programs really don't work.

Thanks.

Lemme try.

You get a blood test.

Your doc decides if it's ok to take accutane based on results.

They inform iPledge that it's ok and they unlock your test.

You then take the test on iPledge.

You pass test on iPledge and they unlock your Rx.

You take your iPledge card and rx to the pharmacy WITHIN 7 DAYS.

Pharmacy looks up your account on iPledge to get approval.

Pharmacy fills rx.

Not that hard, really. It's just that the trick to staying on your course without interruption involves the coordination of too many humans and computers.

Good fuckin luck :pray: .

Platinum

Thanks.

Lemme try.

You get a blood test.

Your doc decides if it's ok to take accutane based on results.

They inform iPledge that it's ok and they unlock your test.

You then take the test on iPledge.

You pass test on iPledge and they unlock your Rx.

You take your iPledge card and rx to the pharmacy WITHIN 7 DAYS.

Pharmacy looks up your account on iPledge to get approval.

Pharmacy fills rx.

Not that hard, really. It's just that the trick to staying on your course without interruption involves the coordination of too many humans and computers.

Good fuckin luck :pray: .

Platinum

LOL thanks! This system seems very flawed, considering how many people I read about on this site who have terrible problems actually getting their medication...........and this is supposed to help how? I understand that they want all females to understand the risks, but a pesky governmental website isn't exactly what I'd call good birth control. It just frustrates.

I read in the my lil iPledge booklet that you get the first pregnancy test in the office and once that turns up negative then you take a blood test 5 days into your next period before you can get the prescription....however, I took my blood and urine test on the same day because the assistant gave me the paperwork and said just to have it done before my next visit ... :think:

If I were to miss my 7 day window for filling the perscription, would I get locked out for 30 days? Or could I get another blood test and a new prescription? I'm sensing ipledge is to rigid for that. What's the logic behind the 30 day waiting period in the first place?

If you are female and you miss the 7 day window - yes you will be locked out for 23 days (for a total of 30 days 7+23). Logic? I suppose they are thinking of the menstrual cycle, but it seems to me that you should be able to just get another pregnancy test and start a new 7 day window, but that's not how it works.

For men they are no longer subject to the lockout and can just get a new prescription if they miss their window.

and this is supposed to help how?