Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
F49Z0R5!!!

Any good BP gels? + another question

What are some good BP gel-based products that are widely available in the U.S?

Also, Im almost done with my 4th week on regimen. And I got these 2 little red bumps on the side of my cheek and they have been there for almost 2 weeks now. Dan's "what to expect" showed that a breakout or two is ok but it should clear quickly, and these 2 have been there for 2 weeks. I've been apply a good amount of BP on them and doing regimen religiously, being gentle n all. What's going on? When will these bastards go? They are slowwwly getting smaller and smaller but when?

A lot of people have had good results with Benzac AC. I've been using Benzac W in the morning for the past week (and OTS at night). I think there's a 2.5% but it's not available in Canada so I use 5%. It's still very good.

yes Benzac AC is the best BP I have ever used it's a water based gel but as far as I know it's only availible in Australia & Canada!

benzac AC is available via drugstore.com

problem: 2 oz. costs 22 bucks + shipping.

the solution: i borrow a kaiser permanente member card from a buddy of mine for about 1/2 hour, go to a kaiser outpatient clinic and buy a 2 oz. BP gel for less than 5 bucks. their BP is exactly the same thing as the Benzac AC.

BTW, I learned this from someone in the acne.org boards, and I found out that Dan also uses this BP and endorses it

Benzac W & AC

Peter Thomas Roth BPO gel

DDF BP gel

You can also go to your local pharmacist and ask for a 2.5% generic BP or you can take any 10% BP gel and mix it with aloe vera gel.