Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihateacne

Good news!!

I know this may be a bit off topic but I am so happy!!

I found out today that my girlfriend is going to have a baby and I am going to be a father. I feel a bit weird and I'm a bit nervous about being a future dad, but I am so happy about the news. This is really exciting. The best Christmas present I could get.

Well, just though I'd share that. :(

Guest fatman_uk

Congrats m8.... maybe he can come to acne.org if he hits skin problems in 15 years time, lol. :(

Pass on the knowledge an kill the ance gene! :)

-Gaz

maybe he can come to acne.org if he hits skin problems in 15 years time, lol

Don't worry, it'll be solved in 15 years, even if it's the last thing I'll ever do :(

CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome. I have a two year old, and it is the most wonderful, fun, and rewarding thing you will ever do! Good luck with everything too!

Mercer :(

Thanks everyone!!

Now I just need to try to find a name but I have 9 months for that. I have a lot of future shopping to do and house renovations too. I persoanlly want a boy but my girlfriend wants a girl. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it's healthy. I'm so excited about this. I need to get a safe roomy car too. I have a bunch of sports cars, 2 seaters mostly, not very safe and roomy so I need a good family car like a nice sedan or something. So many things to do.

I told my mom and she freaked out from excitement. She's so happy that she's going to be a grandmother. She wants a girl too.

Well got to go. I have more Christmas shopping to do.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. To fatman_uk: Yeah, hopefully he/she won't have acne but at least I'll be able to deal with it fast so he/she doeasn't have to suffer the agony and frustration like the rest of us here on this board. By then maybe they'll have the miracle cure. My girlfriend has really nice skin so I guess it's a 50/50 chance.

We'll got to go. Last minute Christmas shopping.

Hey, how old are you by the way? I don't think you need a sedan, and acne will be around for quite awhile. Don't jump to conclusions with the sedan, I know your excited... But a sedan, don't be such a woman.

I'm 27 years old.

Ha, ha. Yeah a sedan isn't my first choice in a car, but I need something roomy for my future family. I'll still keep my old cars. Maybe I'll get an SUV. I don't like them, but my girlfriend does. I definitely won't get a mini van. They're great for big families, but not for me. Maybe if I have like 5 or 6 kids.

If I get a sedan it will be something with power like a Merc 500 series or BMW 700 series. A luxury sedan like a BMW 745 Li. I think that is a good family car. I'll stick to my Twin Turbo and 355 Spider for myself.

For now I have a lot of other things to worry about like a good pediatrician and ob/gyn and getting a baby room ready and stuff like that. Baby clothes, strollers, cribs......I am so confused as where to start. I need to get some books or something to help me on what I need to get to prepare for a new baby. Since it's our first baby I want everything to go smoothly and I want to be prepared. I feel so dumb because I don't know the first thing about babies and what do do. God I hope I can be a good dad. I don't even know how to feed a baby or even change a diaper or anything. I feel so dumb and that I'm going to be awful at being a dad. I'll catch on I hope and learn how to take care of him/her. I hope it's a boy!! How long before the doctors can tell I wonder? I know they use some kind of machine or something like that to sex the baby. I wonder how long before my girlfriend gets a big stomach and starts eating a lot? So many questions.

They do an ultrasound to tell the sex of the baby, and ususally thats not until around between 15-20 weeks along. All they will do is put some gel on your girlfriends stomach and then they place a machine that bounces ultra sonic waves off of the baby through her stomach, Hence the name "Ultrasound". That's how the image appears. It's the most amazing thing in the world. They can't always tell the sex though some times the baby is positioned funny. Everything you need to know will slowly come as your girlfriend gets closer and closer to the due date. I reccomend the book "what to expect when you're expecting." Also get some good magazines for your girlfriend like fit pregnancy, or others. She probably should start taking pre- natal vitamins right away, and make sure they have folic acid in them. That helps lower the risk of birth defects. Sorry this is so long. I'm really excited for you!

mercer

Thanks. Ultrasound. I couldn't remember what they called it. I've seen it done on TV and it looks neat. You can see the head and the little body and everything and sometimes you can see the baby move. I'm looking forward to that. My girlfriend is only a few weeks pregnant so maybe in a few months like you said 15-20 weeks. I scheduled a doctor's appointment for next Friday. She told me that she is a bit scared about going through labor and is worried that it is going to hurt. I didn't know what to say. I think it does hurt but I didn't want to tell her that and scare her more. Maybe they can drug her up or knock her out or something or do one of those c-sections. She doesn't like any kind of pain or discomfort. She just started taking vitamins. I cook a lot so I'll try to only cook healthy foods for her from now on and just take care of her and make sure she eats good and gets the right nutrition for her and the baby. She likes to work out a lot so I don't know if that's good for the baby.

This is such a blessing. It came sort of as a surprise because she takes bc pills and we were not expecting a baby so soon since I'm 27 and she's 25 and we kinda wanted to wait a bit longer to start a family. We've been together for about 5 years and we are getting married next month so everything is happening so fast. I guess now is as good a time as any. We are both very busy with our careers, but we'll manage. It just feels weird knowing that I'm going to be a daddy. I have a different outlook on life now and see it from a different perspective in a way. I don't know how to explain it.

I feel like I have something in my life that actually means something and matters. My girlfriend is wonderful and she means everything to me, but it's like I have this new responsibility and there is this new little life that is a part of me. It's so great. When my girlfriend told me the news while we were eating dinner she thought I would be upset or shocked but I am so happy. It's the greatest feeling in the world. I'm so excited. I love her so much. I told her that I want to have lots of kids but she was like let's just worry about this one for now and we'll see.

I went shopping for books and I found the book you were talking about, 'What to Expect When She's Expecting.' Lots of interesting stuff in there. I haven't read it all yet. I also checked out babycentral.com It's a good site. I need all the help I can get. This is so exciting for me though because it's all new to me.

Thanks for the advice and the congrats. I can't wait to find out is it's a boy or a girl. My girlfriend want a little girl so bad but I hope it's a boy. It doesn't really matter I guess. I'm just so happy now. :(

Tell your girlfriend not to worry about the labor. Yes it does hurt, but the second that baby comes out, You just don't even care about any pain. The thing that helped me get over my fear of the pain when I was pregnant, is I just told myself over and over that it is something that is going to happen no matter what, it has to be done, so theres no use in worrying. It will happen, and It will end, very happily I might add. :(

-mercer

( i know you're probably sick of hearing from me!)

No, no. Not at all. I need all the advice I can get. Thanks for the help or any other advice you have to add. She's really nervous about it hurting and that she's going to be in pain and that she might get damaged and stuff. I booked an appointment with a good ob/gyn that a friend of mine recommended. The doctor is really nice. It's a lady doctor and she's really great from what I heard. She's delivered over 300 babies so hopefully everything will go smoothly. My gilfriend's parents are flying in for Christmas. They are really excited about the news. I have so many people staying at my house for Christmas so it's madness around here but it's cool to have everybody here. I bought a tree today and a bunch of lights and decorations so my little nieces and nephews are putting up ornaments and decorating the house.

Happy Holidays to everyone out there all over the world.