Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jml519

AHA for sensitive skin

Picking up on another topic I just responded to, using the products in my sig, I have had great success getting clear from acne but my only lingering side effect is flakiness and no matter how much Cetaphil I slather on my face, I still have tons of flakes.

My problem is that I have sensitive skin so I am afraid to try an AHA (I'm really tempted to try LH5). I tried jojoba twice and I think it messed me up b/c the jojoba pulled the bp deep down into my skin and therefore my face became severely red, dry, burning, tight, and additionally flaky. This is just my theory, but no matter what the cause, I had to quit jojoba and after a week my skin is still not all the way calmed down.

Besides the moisturizer, the only other factor I can think of is my cleanser but it says "clinically proven as gentle as water" but maybe that's what's drying my face out??

Anyone out there with sensitive skin had success incorporating an AHA into their regimen? Or any thoughts about cleanser? Thanks all!

Picking up on another topic I just responded to, using the products in my sig, I have had great success getting clear from acne but my only lingering side effect is flakiness and no matter how much Cetaphil I slather on my face, I still have tons of flakes.

My problem is that I have sensitive skin so I am afraid to try an AHA (I'm really tempted to try LH5). I tried jojoba twice and I think it messed me up b/c the jojoba pulled the bp deep down into my skin and therefore my face became severely red, dry, burning, tight, and additionally flaky. This is just my theory, but no matter what the cause, I had to quit jojoba and after a week my skin is still not all the way calmed down.

Besides the moisturizer, the only other factor I can think of is my cleanser but it says "clinically proven as gentle as water" but maybe that's what's drying my face out??

Anyone out there with sensitive skin had success incorporating an AHA into their regimen? Or any thoughts about cleanser? Thanks all!

I want to try an AHA too! After almost 7 weeks, my skin has started flaking again. I was thinking the Neutrogena without SPF?

I use baby wash for my face which is similar to Purpose but I'm thinking maybe it's too drying for winter. My face doesn't feel tight after I wash, but later on the flakes come back. Have you tried very very gentle exfoliation? I use a soft face brush about once a week and that helps without breaking me out.