Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnery

Vitamin C and Quercetin 5:1 for Healing Scars

I listen to the well-known nutritionist Gary Null every day on the radio and today he was saying that a combination of Vitamin C and Quercetin, taken internally every day in a ratio of 5 to 1, "will cause a rapid rebuilding of collagen and will thus, greatly reduce scars and wrinkles." He said to take these nutrients three, four or more times a day to insure that there is a surplus of them in your body, as they are water soluble and are flushed out each time you go to the bathroom.

Just thought I would share this, in case anyone out there wants to try it. I take a lot of supplements already (including Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMAE, internally, as well as externally--via the Intense Gel) so I'm not sure if I will add these to my regimen.

Hey, that's great news! I already take quercitin and c in a supplement made by Twinlab. It's the best out there, imho.

Hey John, I love Gary Null!!!! I've got a couple of books written by him and literally just pulled them down yesterday for another perusal. "The Food, Mood, Body Connection" is probably the best book I've read on natural health. I've learned a lot from Null, and thanks for those words of wisdom. I will definately "up" my quercitin and c dose! biggrin.gif

how long before results can be seen?? that and what type of results can be seen??

Null didn't say how long it would take before results are seen. He was mainly touting these nutrients as being essential for helping to rebuild collagen.

Yes, Denise, I think Gary Null is brilliant, too. I listen to him every day, and always learn something worthwhile about health and nutrition. I am somewhat surprised, however, that he hasn't yet incorporated an ALA/DMAE topical into his skin care line. I have never used his skin care products (they are extremely high-priced) but I would imagine he has some pretty effective formulas on the market.

Yes John.....My husband was out of town on business this week and was at the Vitamin Shoppe last week and he got some of Null's green food stuff for travelling. It was on sale for 10 bucks, which is quite a discount.

To any and all....I would think this is one of those things that you have to do consistantly over a long time to see really good results.

Quercitin is fantastic! I've used it for about 10 years with my vitamin c (Twinlab's version is the best I've tried) to quench allergies.

BTW everyone, please check out The Vitamin Shoppe online. We buy most of our supplements there as they are discounted BIGTIME compared to healthfood stores and GNC. You save anywhere from 30-50% on every item. Example.....Bob Barefoot's Coral Calcium is 30 bucks at the health food store and it's 20 at the Vitamin Shoppe, and this is their everyday price. They have EVERYTHING at the Vitamin Shoppe.

Ok....this pubic service announcement has concluded.... biggrin.gif:-#

I'm a bit confused here - I've done some google searching and the only stuff I can find about Quercitins effects on scars is that it helps prevent KELOIDS - now, that would mean a suppression of collagen - because keloids are an over production of collagen right? So... where is the research that supports Q for collagen production?

Hey John - yes, I've emailed him now - but I think it's just a way for him to find topics for the radio show - keep listening just in case he mentions it!

Maya wrote:

I'm a bit confused here - I've done some google searching and the only stuff I can find about Quercitins effects on scars is that it helps prevent KELOIDS - now, that would mean a suppression of collagen - because keloids are an over production of collagen right? So... where is the research that supports Q for collagen production?

Yup Anna - I am already taking so many supplements - before adding anymore - I want to know that it will work - I want research and I want reasons for me to have to pop yet another dang pill!