Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone have that shine after they moisturize? I moisturize and then it looks like my forehead mass produces oil. I have friends who either just water wash their face or do nothing, and their skin looks fine. Does anyone know if cutting out moisturizer out of my regimen is stupid? Or is it just my moisturizer? The shiny part really ticks me off and I'd appreciate any tips on how to de-shine.

I get really shiny, but I matte it with pressed powder or mineral makeup, which doesn't look makeupy even on guys. I'm not sure about non-makeup suggestions, but I think the boys here can help.

Does anyone have that shine after they moisturize? I moisturize and then it looks like my forehead mass produces oil. I have friends who either just water wash their face or do nothing, and their skin looks fine. Does anyone know if cutting out moisturizer out of my regimen is stupid? Or is it just my moisturizer? The shiny part really ticks me off and I'd appreciate any tips on how to de-shine.

Does your moisturizer have SPF? If so, then thats probably your culpret.

what kind of moisterizer are you using? if its in cream form.... that could be why. Cream lotions usually OVER HYDRATE my face... leaving it super oily

Yeah, I'm using a merle norman moisturizer, comes in lotion-type. I've thought about switching moisturizers to reduce shine but I don't know any good products. Any suggestions? And no, my moisturizer doesn't contain SPF.

Well upon doing some research i believe that many people (including myself) that have the "shine" isnt to do with the moisturiser (unless you have a moisturise that causes shine eg eucerin/cetaphil)

you just mya have oily skin naturally, before i went on BP like 2years ago, i had acne but no oily skin, so i believe that constantly drying your skin with BP causes the skin to produce more oil to compensate for the dry skin.

and when you ocme off BP, this is hard to regulate.

Does your moisturizer have SPF? If so, then thats probably your culpret.

he hit it right on the head, SPF I believe is sunblock lotion and we all know when you put that stuff on you turn greasy. I learned this the hard way using cetahphil's moisturizer but since its winter time here I dont need no sun protection so I switched to Lac-Hydrin Five moisturizer and let me tell you... this stuff is amazing. search the messageboards for "Lac-Hydrin Five" and all you will read is good stuff about it. keeps my face moisturized the whole day while at work without a shiny looking face. the back of the bottle says for best results use twice a day so of course I use morning and night. I picked it up from walgreens for like 9 bux, if I was you I would def give it a try.

edit: and trust me, you DEF have to keep your face moisturized