Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey if I knew for sure that wearing make up was gonna get me laid or atleast improve my chances then "Hell Yes" Id wear make up! Heck, Id wear panties also.

:lol:

If i have a red spot or 2 and im seeing a girl i like, then i always put a little bit of cover on it, not much so no one will ever see there is make up on it, just enough to make te red mark a bit less appearant and keep my confidence up.

I am a straight guy and i use a concealer on a few redmarks scattered across my face whenever i go somewhere semi-important.

My ex boyfriend had mild/moderate acne, and I noticed he would put concealer over big zits on his neck and upper back. I guess it's hard to apply there, and it made it stand out even more because the color was way pale. Then again, I know my makeup is really obvious a lot of times, but it's whatever makes you feel good that matters the most!! :D

I don't think I've ever seen or known a guy who wears a bit of makeup ..but I don't think I'd mind. If it made him comfortable and made him feel better about himself then I'm all for it.

i don't care if a guy wears face makeup to cover his acne, or even some eyeliner if it suits him. just get a good face makeup that isn't too obvious.. same goes for girls of course.

I do it, and I don't really care what others think

then why are you wearing makeup in the first place?

I use minerals to cover some spots. It's not noticeable at all. Although once I started using it I couldnt stop. Although if it helps improve my confidence or whatever is left of it I'm all for it. I don't think it's gay or wrong.

I mean, if some ladies take off their make up they look like my left nut, so I'm not too ashamed.

I think its fine for guys to wear make up as long as they are covering their flaws ofcourse , if it makes you feel better about your self then why not using it ? all we need while going through this stupid acne is to make our selves feel better in any way.

I would find it a bit odd if a guy I liked wore makeup since I don't wear it myself and I'm a girl. I always go out bare-faced except for a bit of chapstick and that's it. However, if he was really good and it and it didn't look too obvious then there's no problem.. but if his face and neck were 2 different colors then it'll look even worse.

Whatever makes the guy feel better, it's okay by me. Who am I to judge? Make-up on a guy is really not something that tabu. Why not? I mean if you have nothing to cover-up then don't use it but if it makes you feel more confident to cover you marks or anything then do it. ;)

i use clinique anti acne concealer, its great for red marks. the girl at the clinique counter said its mosly guys who use it.

post-22829-1163715901_thumb.jpg

post-22829-1163715901_thumb.jpg

The problem is that the guys want to wear the make up to hide their imperfections, so that they will feel more confident/comfortable...

Except, instead of worrying about that pimple, you'll worry 'Did she just notice I'm wearing makeup?'.

I can imagine it now, a bunch of 16 year olds in the school's cafe....

Big guy: "Dude, are you wearing makeup...."

Skinny guy with Acne: ".....ummm, no....."

Big guy: "Haha - I bet your boyfriend loves it - haha"

3. You said you hear women talk about makeup being a godsend but you never caught the why? Women will often say they do their eyes a certain way to make them look bigger or wear a particular blush because it makes them look younger. They do it to blend in rather than stick out for having something that is less than ideal. I had already stated that I view makeup as an accessory. I have a fixation with classic movies and old hollywood glam, you can see it on my face. A painting or a scultpure is meant to express emotion, mood, tell a story, provoke. I don't see why makeup can't be just another medium of art. Makeup for practicality is boring.

I agree with the last sentence! If my skin was clear I would skip the foundation but still wear the fun stuff like lipstick. I'm not into "natural" looking makeup cuz then it does seem like you are trying to blend in. I dont object to makeup as a beauty tool, but I prefer it to be a "look" & an expression of me, not a mask of who I am.

I would be cool with a guy wearing concealer. But in all honesty I think men can get away with imperfections better. The standards just arent as high for men. Look at it this way: women arent lucky they can wear makeup to hide flaws, men are lucky they arent expected to & are even thought to look better a little rough.

I think only if you are Robert Smith (see my avatar) that a man can get away with things like eyeliner & lipstick...it has to be done rebelliously & in a context of a rock band or something arty.

For the everyday straight man I would rather see pimples than makeup....but discrete concealer could be passable if you must! I understand the insecurity, I do, & if I saw a guy with makeu to hide acne I wouldnt hold it against him at all. Not all girls are so nice however...

ill put concealer over a red mark. ive never been questioned on it before, dont think anyones ever noticed. fact is i do care what people think about me and i know alot of people im friends with (girls. i know guys wouldnt care) probably wouldnt wanna be as good a freinds with me if they knew i wasnt as good looking as they think. not very good friends i know but they're all ive got