Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dustino

Fighting Red Marks while on Tane

My acne,for the most part, is gone , and I am about 3/4 through my course of accutane. I would like to start fighting the many red marks I have now if thats possible, but not sure how to go about doing it without hurting my weak skin.

Can anyone thats doing this now give me some insight? thanks.

Ive had it so long , and all I practically have left is my red marks that I just want them gone heh. My red marks take FOREVER to fade, im talking 1 year + usually, and even the smallest whitehead gives me a redmark, so it sucks. I would just like something to speed up the process a bit. I've been using Aloe Vera sparringly as a moisurizer, but im gonna try applying it on the worst red marks to help speed that up. Thanks and any more suggestions would be great :)

in all seriousness, there is nothing that can fade red marks than time and avoiding the sun.

that sounds like bullshit, but i think its really true.

Time & Avoding the sun are two of the most important things to fade redmarks!

in all seriousness, there is nothing that can fade red marks than time and avoiding the sun.

that sounds like bullshit, but i think its really true.

finacea works really well to fade red marks quickly, but i don't think it can be used with accutane.

I thought the sun was good for fading redmarks??? Am I just crazy??? :wacko:

ya same here lol i thought it makes them less visible at least...

i use aloe and some eucerin red reducing on the spot stuff, works alright i spose, not completely satisfied...

there's this palmers cocoa butter scar serum that works alright... at least i think it does, In all honesty i dont think it creates much of a difference, i just feel better knowing im doing SOMETHING for them, not sitting around waiting for them to fade by themselves

I thought the sun was good for fading redmarks??? Am I just crazy??? :wacko:

LOL, the sun gives your face a tan, so it gives your face this redish look that makes the red marks blend in.

Trust me, you wanna avoid the sun.

i use desitin for my red marks and it works really well. it has 40% zinc oxide. its kinda thick and smells like fish. its also kinda hard to get off but it works. it is comedogenic though im sure but i dont breakout anymore so its ok for me.

you could use aloe vera but imo nothing compared to desitin.