Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OKay, so I take the train to work in the morning and I see all kinds of people, I hear them talking, laughing I know what music they're lisening to... haha and it's all cause we're shoved into this small space practically touching noses sometimes. Anyway, I've seen lots of interesting people, especially couples. There was this one couple where the guy was really cute with clear skin and the girl had acne and no makeup on, and they were seriously so cute and looked so in love. I couldnt help but stare because I can barely get a number these days because of my acne... and look at these two so happy? The girl is soooo pretty too, and I just think to myslef every time I see someone with acne "why God, why them, they look so nice and look how pretty she is"... or something like that. And sometimes I get ANGRY when I see people with acne because it's not fair, I look and them and think "I know, I know it sucks it F#CKING SUCKS". I even want to talk to them sometimes, lol but I kno wthat would just be weird or insulting. Then there's this lady who is probably about 40 something who has acne, and I cant help but stare at her either lol, because I'm just like GAHHHH!!! WHHYYY????? I feel so bad staring but it's almost like I want to reach out to them and tell them that I am suffering too, but maybe they dont care? Who knows... THEN there are people who I can here complaining about such stupid things, or girls with perfect skin talking about their night and how they ate so much they are going to gain ten pounds... and I get angry with these people lol... like just shut up and be thankful you have nice skin!! It's like everythign revovles around my skin, everytime I get on the train I'm pretty emotional by the time I get to my destination... and I just feel like crap. There's this other girl who always reads a book and smilesout the window every few minutes... at no one... and she's perfect... so I'm thinking maybe she's smilign at herself lol... I dunno... I'm just sick of perfect skinned peopel taking it for granted, I'm sick of watching these girls rant about stupid things and I'm sitting there wishing I was them... And then I even see people with acne who seem alot happier than me... haha like am I missing something???? Argghhh sorry that was my rant for the day... I had to let it out... damn that train.

i was talking to my roommate the other day and i couldnt help notice how perfect her skin looked, how perfect her hair looked, etc....and i was thinking to myself OMG... WHY does it have to be the opposite with me? why is it a struggle? doesnt make sense, it never will.

firstly...

i feel bad, because i stare at people with acne too, because i feel bad..i know what its like.and also, it kinda makes me feel better about myself to know there are others with bad acne.but its not good, because mostly, i dont have acne anymore.i just look like a bitch staring.and also, i know it means anyone insecure with their skin, is looking and examining my skin too, to make themselves feel better.

also...i do this with girls stomachs, and general bodies.i feel like a lesbian sometimes, im obsessed...because i have not only skin issues, but body dysmorphic disorder, so i feel like an elephant the whole time..but i feel the constant need to check out other people as a comparison.

so..it means i also feel those girls with perfect skin moaning about gaining weight.ive come to realise EVERYONE has insecurities...because no ones perfect.if anyones truly content with themselves,then wow, i really admire them.because theyre REALLY rare.

My sister has perfect skin and is now 19 so I think luckily for her she has missed the acne boat....but she never appreciates it. I think because she has other issues mainly about weight etc. I know my skin could be a lot worse but I would just love like her to be able to go out without make up. Even if I didn't have acne I have that kinda skin that you need a bit of colour.....I'd love to have a slight natural tan.

My sister has perfect skin and is now 19 so I think luckily for her she has missed the acne boat....but she never appreciates it. I think because she has other issues mainly about weight etc. I know my skin could be a lot worse but I would just love like her to be able to go out without make up. Even if I didn't have acne I have that kinda skin that you need a bit of colour.....I'd love to have a slight natural tan.

Your sister sounds like my cousin. She is so naturally beautiful and has AMAZING skin and a natural tan all year long yet she complains about the stupidest things. She is constantly told that she could be a model but always complains that she's "too tall" and wants to be short like her friends. She never wears makeup either! I'll hear her complain that she's "bored" with her hair and gets all mad that she can't make it look a certain way and I'm like, at least you dont have facial/body acne!! :wall:

She literally takes 15 minutes to get ready to go out anywhere. She showers and that's it!

my god..sitting on a train jammed packed with people all in my face is something i would have a nightmare about. and tdot..i dount it's your acne that prevents you from getting numbers..guys are intimidated by pretty girls-that's your problems.

My sis is short and not that slim and I think that's her main hang up so she doesn't really appreciate her skin at all. It's just weird to me because I think about skin soooooo often but i suppose unless you have had problems you just take it for granted. I take being slim for granted I know that!

Just trying to say that all these people with perfect skin may have their own issues, nose, boobs, weight, height etc and may be equally as unhappy about them as us, don't be too harsh on them!

My sis is short and not that slim and I think that's her main hang up so she doesn't really appreciate her skin at all. It's just weird to me because I think about skin soooooo often but i suppose unless you have had problems you just take it for granted. I take being slim for granted I know that!

Just trying to say that all these people with perfect skin may have their own issues, nose, boobs, weight, height etc and may be equally as unhappy about them as us, don't be too harsh on them!

No doubt, everyone has a story. I'm not harsh on my cousin at all cuz how is it her fault that she has great skin? It's just funny that I'm always looking at her skin and wishing I had it while she's complaining about her hair not looking right as I'm thinking, "Girl please, you should be lucky that that's ALL you have to worry about today!"

I'm thin and a lot of people are always like "You're lucky you're so skinny!! If I had a body like that I'd always be in a bikini!" BUT I don't wear bikini's because of my bacne.. if only they knew the amount of things I don't wear because of my acne.

I have mild facial acne and moderate bacne. The bacne is so embaressing, far more than facial acne because it just seems dirty?! No one would ever say anything about my face acne but If i wore a top showing my back they would all be like 'whatttt!' I miss wearing a bikini, and so many tops i would love to wear!I hate bacne a lot!

I have mild facial acne and moderate bacne. The bacne is so embaressing, far more than facial acne because it just seems dirty?! No one would ever say anything about my face acne but If i wore a top showing my back they would all be like 'whatttt!' I miss wearing a bikini, and so many tops i would love to wear!I hate bacne a lot!

omg SAME HERE!

It does seem 'dirty' to have bacne, no matter how clean you are. I would think that people would think I was 'dirty' or unhealthy for having bacne. ANYONE can have it! I've missed out on a lot of outtings and jobs because of my bacne, and I always have to make up excuses.

The worst is when someone you know talks about how nasty bacne is and they don't know that you have it.

I stare at my best friend so much when she isn't looking :ninja: she's so naturally pretty and I can't help but feel horrible whenever I'm next to her. She just rolls out of bed looking beautiful. So it's awkward because I'm always staring at her, wishing I could have her skin, her teeth or whatever. I get so mad inside when she starts to complain about getting a new zit, which I can barely even see and then she starts talking about clearasil and crap as though it's going to save the world, makes me wanna punch her. I do want to tell people sometimes that it could be so much worse, but then the same is true for me too, and I can't say that their problems aren't as bad as mine because everyone handles things differently and to them having a few tiny zits might be just as emotionally crippling as having it severe. I just don't know. But sometimes I admit I am really tempted to remind people when they're whinging about a random breakout that luckily for them it'll be there for only a couple of days and then they won't even give their skin a second thought. And on top of whatever particular problems or insecurities they have, they then don't have to be stuck with the constant burden of worrying about the state of their skin and what it will look like tomorrow, etc. But, I guess I just happened to be the winner in the shitty skin lottery so I just have to deal with it.

I do find myself looking at people too on buses and trains and anywhere really, not people with acne in particular but just anyone. I always imagine what it'd be like to be them, how much bother they had to go through just to be able to go out compared to me.. and I always think about what it'd be like to have their skin etc. Pointless but I've always had the habit of thinking too much about things I can't change. Mkfdsgja.I find it fascinating how everyone has their own little lives and we're all sitting there not knowing what each other is thinking. But it's true that everyone has their own insecurities, one of my main ones just happens to be physically obvious. So I don't really know whether they could be looking at me wishing they could swap my skin for one of their problems, they might've even had acne themselves once... hrm, anyway, I am so going to get beaten up one of these days if people catch me spying on them and secretly staring when they're not looking. :shifty::ninja:

My problem is those girls who always seem to look put together.

Their ass looks fantastic in their jeans, their hair glows and shifts just right, they've got perfect eyebrows to define their magestical eyes, and their lips pout just so. And they've got nicer boobs too.

Bitches.

Nails too

I actually love getting mine done so I'll go down that girly road again.

But it's hard being tight for cash, and tight for time, and depressed about the way I look and therefore I eat and I'm gaining weight that makes it uncomfortable for me to sit normally in a chair without feeling like this huge roll of fat is sitting on top of my jeans. :angry:

and then my skin always seems red and blotchy and my make up doesn't stay all day and by the end of the night at my job I just want to go home and sob :cry: into my pillow because I won't ever be one of those put together girls.

But maybe my humor makes up for it.

Which I'd like for once my friends introducing me as just plain Katie instead of Crazy Katie.

I'm not even that Crazy.

I just speak my mind.

think I'll also go to the gym tonight.

I've got to get motivated.

BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAh

Yeah, I hate the train. Especially when there it's packed and there is no where to look. Ugh. Thank god for the ipod.

You'll get over this and still be beautiful. You have something that most people wish they had so be greatful for that.

Honestly, your acne wouldn't scare me off (it would prbably make me feel more comfortable) but I admit that I wouldn't appraoch or ask for your number...you're way too pretty. I'd be too intimidated, most likely so take that in account. Plus, your attitude make a massive difference. If your skin bothers you then it will bother other people.

OKay, so I take the train to work in the morning and I see all kinds of people, I hear them talking, laughing I know what music they're lisening to... haha and it's all cause we're shoved into this small space practically touching noses sometimes. Anyway, I've seen lots of interesting people, especially couples. There was this one couple where the guy was really cute with clear skin and the girl had acne and no makeup on, and they were seriously so cute and looked so in love. I couldnt help but stare because I can barely get a number these days because of my acne... and look at these two so happy? The girl is soooo pretty too, and I just think to myslef every time I see someone with acne "why God, why them, they look so nice and look how pretty she is"... or something like that. And sometimes I get ANGRY when I see people with acne because it's not fair, I look and them and think "I know, I know it sucks it F#CKING SUCKS". I even want to talk to them sometimes, lol but I kno wthat would just be weird or insulting. Then there's this lady who is probably about 40 something who has acne, and I cant help but stare at her either lol, because I'm just like GAHHHH!!! WHHYYY????? I feel so bad staring but it's almost like I want to reach out to them and tell them that I am suffering too, but maybe they dont care? Who knows... THEN there are people who I can here complaining about such stupid things, or girls with perfect skin talking about their night and how they ate so much they are going to gain ten pounds... and I get angry with these people lol... like just shut up and be thankful you have nice skin!! It's like everythign revovles around my skin, everytime I get on the train I'm pretty emotional by the time I get to my destination... and I just feel like crap. There's this other girl who always reads a book and smilesout the window every few minutes... at no one... and she's perfect... so I'm thinking maybe she's smilign at herself lol... I dunno... I'm just sick of perfect skinned peopel taking it for granted, I'm sick of watching these girls rant about stupid things and I'm sitting there wishing I was them... And then I even see people with acne who seem alot happier than me... haha like am I missing something???? Argghhh sorry that was my rant for the day... I had to let it out... damn that train.

I can sort of relate. A girl came into the salon. She had the worst acne I had ever seen in Beverly Hills. My skin had never been that bad, but still, my heart went out of her. I wanted to say something, but what? How do you get on that topic without hurting someone's feelings? And there were whispers and snide comments. I had never been so ashamed of my coworkers' behavior.

I can sort of relate. A girl came into the salon. She had the worst acne I had ever seen in Beverly Hills. My skin had never been that bad, but still, my heart went out of her. I wanted to say something, but what? How do you get on that topic without hurting someone's feelings? And there were whispers and snide comments. I had never been so ashamed of my coworkers' behavior.

I've been there too.

When I went to the mall once, I saw this one chick who was working at a clothing store, she was very pretty BUT her skin was so horrible(she was about 17, and she had a lot of indentions on her forehead/cheeks, chin, temples and alot of cysts.). :( I felt really bad for her, I just wanted to come up to her and ask her what she has tried for her skin and so on.

Im feelin you tdot. I work at a ristorante/ultralounge and when I see someone with acne I comp them with a bottle of wine, champagne, or whatever they're drinking. And I always make sure they never know who hooked them up. Also if I see someone with acne standing in line and waiting to get in, Ill send the bouncer over to get them and there guest straight inside. I usually hook them up with drinks and shots also. I do this because just like you said "I want to reach out to them and tell them Im suffering too." And even if they will never know who I am, I know I have this connection with them that nobody else has. I guess thats just my way of reaching out to people with acne.

I know how you feel. My worst nightmare came true last week when I got on a packed bus and I realised there was someone I knew on it. I had walked all the way up to the back without realising he was there, and then soon noticed that he was sitting in the seat accross the aisle. I sat staring out the window all the way home and hurt my neck as I was turned right round so he could not see my face.

I think a lot of people don't appreciate how lucky they are to have nice skin, although I appreciate how lucky I am to have a nice slim figure and not really work at it. I even look at people on TV and wish I could look like them, especially teenage girls who just look so healthy and vibrant, people like Kelly Cuoco or Lauren Conrad. How I wish I could look like that.

I also have to wash my hair every night as it is so greasy and I just feel dirty all the time, even though I drink loads of water, have no soda drinks, and eat organic fresh produce. No sweets, no chocolate, no fried food, no takeaways. Even when my friends suggest going out for chinese it sends me into a panic as I wonder how it will affect me.

I just wish I could be normal again.

HAHA I had to look out the window on the bus the other day cause I hadn't done my make up properly before uni and I saw someone from school....I was like noooooo!My neck hurt too!

I would love to be a 'put together girl'......some of these girls may even have a little bit of acne but its everything else, it just all falls into place!

Im feelin you tdot. I work at a ristorante/ultralounge and when I see someone with acne I comp them with a bottle of wine, champagne, or whatever they're drinking. And I always make sure they never know who hooked them up. Also if I see someone with acne standing in line and waiting to get in, Ill send the bouncer over to get them and there guest straight inside. I usually hook them up with drinks and shots also. I do this because just like you said "I want to reach out to them and tell them Im suffering too." And even if they will never know who I am, I know I have this connection with them that nobody else has. I guess thats just my way of reaching out to people with acne.

How cool are you!