Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmoothLover

Beautiful Brazilian model dies of malnutrition

Just a word of precaution guys:

Eating healthful stuff doesn't necessarely mean eating correctly.

I know, We all hate acne and we've done many, many, many things to try to control it. Most of us have been on strict diets and stuff. However, our "anti-acne diet" may lack of important and vital nutrients which can affect our overall health.

Ana Carolina Reston Macan an International Brazilian model whose diet consisted of Apples and Tomatoes dies of Malnutrition/Anorexia. Among other things her inmune system became sooo weak that it was impossible for her to recover from any simple infection.

Our body needs water,carbohydrates,proteins, EFA's, and micronutrients to perform our everyday activities. So we do need a little bit of everything. The trick here is to chose the best items in each category.

=====

=====

Edit: I want to congratulate myself on my 300th post. ( I know, a lot of you guys are over 1,000 posts, but my 300 posts mean a lot to me ;) I didn't even noticed that's why I had to add this P.S.

Wow! 300 posts! It seems like I just started yesterday! Time does go flying! I remember when I was so frustrated with a terrible situation and after some net surfing I came across this Acne Board. I've been an active member ever since and I hope to learn more and more and I hope all of us find a solution soon.

I know, We all hate acne and we've done many, many, many things to try to control it. Most of us have been on strict diets and stuff. However, our "anti-acne diet" may lack of important and vital nutrients which can affect our overall health.

Ana Carolina Reston Macan an International Brazilian model whose diet consisted of Apples and Tomatoes dies of Malnutrition/Anorexia. Among other things her inmune system became sooo weak that it was impossible for her to recover from any simple infection.

Our body needs water,carbohydrates,proteins, EFA's, and micronutrients to perform our everyday activities. So we do need a little bit of everything. The trick here is to chose the best items in each category.

terrible. source ?

Guest max_powers585

mm she was a model she probably threw up after eating her tmoatoes....lol

fuck off you moron.thats bulimia, not anorexia.

they kill, theyre not funny.

Guest max_powers585

it was a joke relax buddy

Yeah, strictly eating fruits is not exactly long term sustainable. Great for short term detox when your body has fats and amino acids to fall back on, horrible for long term health when said fats / amino acids are bankrupt.

someones bulemic ^

Guest max_powers585

someones bulemic ^

LOL

Clearly she died from lack of calories first of all

With such a low caloric intake the lack of elements was rather irrelevant at that point

But I don't think this sad event is an evidence that we need all "foud groups" in our diet

I think that variety within a food group is more important than having all food groups rapresented in the diet

Tomatoes and apples is first of all a lack of variety.

The fruit world has also to offer nuts, coconuts, avocados, bananas

When consumed in amounts which results in adequate caloric intake fruits alones (including nuts and fatty foods) are able to sustain life and health. Of course adding greens is even better and I would still consume some animal products for B12 and EFA

I wouldn't follow such strict diet because I see no reason for limiting veggies or legumes ... but there are people who can maintain their healthy through living of just two food groups alone ... what matters is variety and consuming enough to get enough energy and not starve

terrible. source ?

A friend of mine happens to work for Giorgio Armani (but she doesn't work in the "modeling" department. Even though she could if she wanted to) and she was the one who told me about it. She knows the whole story with all the details. This Brazilian model has worked for Armani too.

I also found it on internet:

Brazilian model dies of anorexia in Sao Paulo

dpa German Press Agency

Published: Wednesday November 15, 2006

Sao Paulo- Brazilian model Ana Carolina Reston, 21, died of anorexia nervosa, Brazilian media reported on Wednesday. Reston, 1.72 metres tall and weighing only 40 kilogrammes, was in hospital since October 25 due to a kidney malfunction. Her condition became more serious and deteriorated into a generalised infection that led to the young woman's death on Tuesday.

Here's the link

=====

=====

Edit: I want to congratulate myself on my 300th post. ( I know, a lot of you guys are over 1,000 posts, but my 300 posts mean a lot to me ;) I didn't even noticed that's why I had to add this P.S.

Wow! 300 posts! It seems like I just started yesterday! Time does go flying! I remember when I was so frustrated with a terrible situation and after some net surfing I came across this Acne Board. I've been an active member ever since and I hope to learn more and more and I hope all of us find a solution soon.

i didnt notice i hit around 300 posts also!! :ninja::dance: some time ago i mean

i was like..."damn...i must be annoying a lot of people" lol

Who in their right mind is going to devote themselves to strictly apples and tomatos for their lifetime diet? This must be one very stubborn person who is very angry with their acne!

If anyone is restricted to a 2-3 food diet, post about it because this is very rare :):)

Although the majority of Americans I know have almost 3 of the same foods for every meal: meat, white bread and ketchup. <-- all of my highschool friends :P