Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D.T.A

Probiotics *starting weekly log*

I use them sometimes, but sometimes i forget to take them. i don't notice any difference. i'm not taking them for acne, i'm taking them because i was on antibiotics for a long time, first for acne, then a sinus infection. i bought them from GNC i think they were like $15.

I use the Probiotics Plus from Mercola.com.

They are very effective.

Acne is all about digestion. If you are digesting your food properly, you won't get acne.

Probiotics improve your digestion so they are great for acne.

i take yakult, yes, everyday..have done for a while.

no, they dont make the slightest bit of difference, except in the shopping bill.expensive fuckers.

OH and by the way, for anyone shopping for probiotics, you should know that the vast majority of them simply do not work. They are crap products with very few active bacteria to make any sort of difference. The only ones I recommend are:

1. Probiotics Plus

2. Flora Source

My brother has really bad problems with Candida (he was on antibiotics a lot when he was young and they destroyed his system). Up until he started using probiotics he had really, really horrible skin on his face and back - he had terrible problems with acne. He started using Garden of Life Probiotics and following a very strict anti-candida diet (mainly would eat fish, rice, chicken and veggies - no sugar or alcohol or processed / carbs). His skin cleared up incredibly - my sister and I couldn't even believe it. His face isn't even red anymore, he has awesome skin.

When you purchase probiotics, are they refrigerated (I've heard that the good bacteria perish in warm climates). How could I ensure purchasing a probiotic with living bacteria (besides the last point I mentionned)???

When you purchase probiotics, are they refrigerated (I've heard that the good bacteria perish in warm climates). How could I ensure purchasing a probiotic with living bacteria (besides the last point I mentionned)???

The Probiotics Plus from Mercola.com are shipped with an ice pack to keep them cool. Some of them don't need refrigeration at all though like Flora Source and Primal Defense. To make sure you are getting a probiotic with living bacteria, just purchase a quality one like the two I mentioned above.

http://www.theralac.com/

That's one of the best probiotic complex supplements I've tried.

In addition to a solid multivitamin and fish oil, you must take probiotics. If you don't take any other supplements -- and you should avoid excessive supplementation -- those are absolutely essential.

start to eat sauerkraut. health food stores usually sell raw sauerkraut..look at the ingredients: you dont want anything besides cabbage, water, salt.

full of good bacteria (same as probiotics)..youll notice an effect in your bowel movements practically immediately. healthy bowels mean healthier skin.

sauerkrauts also full of sulphur..which is supposedly great for the skin, too. ive been eating it for about a month now. digestion is most definitely a lot better. dunno how much its helping my skin..my skins hormonal though.

start to eat sauerkraut. health food stores usually sell raw sauerkraut..look at the ingredients: you dont want anything besides cabbage, water, salt.

full of good bacteria (same as probiotics)..youll notice an effect in your bowel movements practically immediately. healthy bowels mean healthier skin.

sauerkrauts also full of sulphur..which is supposedly great for the skin, too. ive been eating it for about a month now. digestion is most definitely a lot better. dunno how much its helping my skin..my skins hormonal though.

Is sauerkraut that cabbage-like vegetable some eat with their hotdogs?

yes.

yes.

I see

IMHO, Primal Defense and Threelac are the best on the market.

If you have a candida overgrowth problem, then you not only have to use probiotics, but you have to alter your diet and kill the candida....probiotics won't do but so much if you aren't addressing a candida problem, though can help a small bit.

I think Bio-K is the best, but its really expensive. It comes as a 1 or 2 oz liquid (i cant remember) for about 4 or 5 bucks ($25 for a 6 pack). You can take the whole thing at once or divide it up. If I think I am having a yeast infection coming on I take one of those and in a couple of hours I notice it is gone.

Also, drink lots of kombucha. Of course that is expensive too.

But other ones I have taken on a daily basis that I really liked were...

Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima: 35 bil. CFU, 14 strains of bacteria, enteric coated (this is what I normally take)

Jarrowdophilus: 3.4 bil. CFU, 8 strains, enteric coated

I think it is important to get one that is enteric coated, which ensures that the bacteria will begin being digested in the small intestine rather than in the stomach. When bacteria is released in the stomach, a lot of it is destroyed.

But somehow Bio-K is still better than these.

I agree with actionreaction: Bio-K is great but expensive. I took antibiotics for a long time for my skin without any good effect, it only got worse by the year so now I'm on probiotics. There's an improvement but that alone didn't clear me up.

I think Bio-K is the best, but its really expensive. It comes as a 1 or 2 oz liquid (i cant remember) for about 4 or 5 bucks ($25 for a 6 pack). You can take the whole thing at once or divide it up. If I think I am having a yeast infection coming on I take one of those and in a couple of hours I notice it is gone.

Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima: 35 bil. CFU, 14 strains of bacteria, enteric coated (this is what I normally take)

I think it is important to get one that is enteric coated, which ensures that the bacteria will begin being digested in the small intestine rather than in the stomach. When bacteria is released in the stomach, a lot of it is destroyed.

Actually, Kombucha is practically free if you make your own. We have made our own for almost 2 years now and it's pretty darn cheap; about 4 bucks for a coupla weeks' worth.

Ive used them off and on...I dont really notice a difference in my body when I use them..but they seem to be good for immunity..they are supposed to be anyway. Nothing really changes with my acne when using them.

Actually, Kombucha is practically free if you make your own. We have made our own for almost 2 years now and it's pretty darn cheap; about 4 bucks for a coupla weeks' worth.

I need to jump on this wagon. I've heard of kits you can buy over the internet to make them, but I have been pretty skeptical about it. What do you use?

What results have probiotics given you all? How do you know if a specific blend worked or not?

I've started using a probiotic by the name of Ultra Max 25 Billion Plus F.O.S Inulin, by New Roots Herbal. I've noticed that I've experienced a breakout the last few days as well... suspicious is it not. Here are the active bacteria in order of numbers:

L.Bifidus

L.Acidophilus

L.Acidophilus (8781)

L.Plantarum

L. Casei

BifidoLongum

Bifido Infantis

Bifido Breve

S Thermophilus

L Bulgaricus

None of these bacteria are SUPPOSED to be derived by cattle or milk sources... they better not...

I've started using a probiotic by the name of Ultra Max 25 Billion Plus F.O.S Inulin, by New Roots Herbal. I've noticed that I've experienced a breakout the last few days as well... suspicious is it not. Here are the active bacteria in order of numbers:

L.Bifidus

L.Acidophilus

L.Acidophilus (8781)

L.Plantarum

L. Casei

BifidoLongum

Bifido Infantis

Bifido Breve

S Thermophilus

L Bulgaricus

None of these bacteria are SUPPOSED to be derived by cattle or milk sources... they better not...

If a probiotic is working and you have some undigested food or unwanted bacteria in your colon, you will experience a breakout. Have you noticed any changes in your bowel movements? If you have then it's working.

If you haven't noticed any changes in your bowel movements, the probiotic might not even be working. Unfortunately a lot of them just plain don't work.