Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

suffering with acne everyday emotional eats at me its depressing than when i try to venture out i go thru anxiety attacks i fall apart i try to express to my family how suffering with acne is killing me i never feel good about my appearance, go thru ordeal trying to camoflouge w mkup,reclouse yourself in misery despretly waiting for it to get better only to have new pimps everyday my familty doesnt understand at all.do you have family support& understanding

Sorry to hear that, I suffer from anxiety attacks too and it isn't fun. My mum understands to some degree but then she'll often call me a weirdo and say that she's ashamed of me or whatever because the anxiety and panic attacks have made me act completely different, so usually depending on what mood she's in she'll either be nice to me or ignore me. Sometimes I just want to sit down and try to explain everything so that she understands but I can't get the right words out and so I don't feel she properly gets it and just thinks I'm being stupid. Like if I stay in because I don't feel up to going out she might say 'just go out it's simple' but for me, it isn't as easy as that. It's frustrating when you're having a hard time and you don't feel like anyone around you understands it because they're not in your shoes. Keep your chin up though, this acne isn't going to last forever and you've got us here who understand :comfort:

i'll complain to my mom, but she doesnt really get it. it's such a personal thing, emotionally, and its hard for someone to understand especially if they havent experienced it.

I am thankful to have an understanding mother and sister because they've dealt with acne in the past, and from experience can relate. It makes me feel better when I get compliments on how good my skin looks.

I used to talk to my mom about it but she gave me the impression she doesn't care when she rolled her eyes the second I mentioned my face :hand:

ugh, that sucks!! :( i complain to my mom so much, im sure she is sick of me.

my mom is 100% behind me, pays for everything i want to try out. but my dad goes, "the hell is that on your face?" :lol:

I'm an adult and have my own kids but my mom knows about my acne problem and she tries to be encouraging..

I hope my girls don;t have to deal with this but if they do you'll have me to come to and I'd help any way possible.

deann, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I'm sure it won't always be like this for you...you just have to hang in there.

um, not so much, my mom's the one who told me to see a derm but she doesn't really help. when i would come back from the derm she'd ask if i got any new prescriptions, and i'd tell her what she gave me, then she'd roll her eyes and say " Why doesn't she tell you to just live with it" , I'd like to see her just "live with" nodular acne. i think origonally when she told me to see a derm, she thought my acne would clear up in a week or something, and eventually she thought everything the derm gave me wasn't going to work for me. And she was SO not supportive of me taking accutane. My dad isn't either. when i started breaking out he was just like " Jordan, you should start taking Vitamins, you need to get your skin back to normal." he also didn't want me on accutane, not that he knows anything about it or has ever heard of it before. but my mom just told him it was bad (she knows very little about it too.)

oh.. and my dad told me whenever i get a zit just to pop it and squeeze all of the puss out.

apperently my dad had acne when he was my age. my mom hasn't had a zit in her life.

Ah, i remembered one more thing my mom said about my acne that kinda pissed me off. 4 days into accutane, at the dinner table she was like "Jordan, I think your face looks worse since you started accutane."

I used to talk to my mom about it but she gave me the impression she doesn't care when she rolled her eyes the second I mentioned my face :hand:

ugh, that sucks!! :( i complain to my mom so much, im sure she is sick of me.

Aww :comfort:

I just cried to my mother on the phone. She told me she would love me however i looked and acne or not wasn't going to change how i am to her.

I know that already, but having her say that, made cry and cry and cry.