Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShockBotkins

Do Clothes, Pillows & Blankets Play a Role in Acne?

Something interesting that has always questioned me about acne. About 6 months ago I used to wear the white underwear tshirts and I used to have acne on my shoulders and back. But over the summer I switched to the white tanktops/wifebeaters and ever since then I haven't had any acne breakouts on my shoulders or upper back.

Another case is this, when I sleep I really cover up with the blankets and have my face stuffed in the pillow because I sleep on my stomach a lot. I was getting breakouts along my jaw line and just underneath of it on the upper neck but I have changed my habits of sleeping around to where I'm on my back a lot more with not a lot of blankets smothering my neck, since making the change I now rarely get a breakout.

It seems like a lot of smothering to the skin could cause breakouts, this may have already been known but I just wanted to share it.

i know that dead skin can get on pillows and blankets and that plus the irritation of them rubbing on your body could cause acne.