Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rosiemarie

wanting to eat healthier/no money to spend

Hey....I'm trying to eat healthy, but it's really hard because I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on food in college. Plus it's hard making meals for one person... Does anyone have suggestions about making healthy, inexpensive meals or snacks? thank you!

Hey....I'm trying to eat healthy, but it's really hard because I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on food in college. Plus it's hard making meals for one person... Does anyone have suggestions about making healthy, inexpensive meals or snacks? thank you!

You can get the following for VERY CHEAP and it is all HEALTHY :D:

-Oatmeal

-Bananas

-Rice

-Spagetti

-Bread

-Eggs

-Ground Beef

-Water

-Slices of ham, turkey, chicken, etc.

-Peanut Butter

Good luck!

Case closed.

:ninja:

Lentils all the way. They cost about 50 cents a pound and cook up to a whole pot. Per bag you get 130 grams of protein, over 100 grams of fiber, tons of potassium etc.

I agree...lentils are a pretty good cheap, nutritious, quick cooking (in relation to other beans) way to go.

Vegetables are also pretty cheap, as are eggs.

Of course, organic is good, but I really wouldn't stress too much if you can't always afford it. I never heard of anybody clearing up their acne by ONLY changing to an "organic" diet.

Go for foods with high nutritional value, caloric and (good) fat content. The worst thing you can do for your skin is to be depleted/malnourished.

Canned salmon is inexpensive and substitutes for the fresh stuff. Frozen vegetables are cheaper and provide essential nutrients. Some cereals are fortified with vitamins/fiber, though you definitely want to go "all natural" or "organic" to avoid nasty things in big name cereals. Goat milk is inexpensive, provides calcium and microorganisms important to digestive. Walnuts/pecans/almonds are cost effective and nutritious.

Primarily, you want to get enough calories and nutrition to give you energy and keep your body at 100%. It's possible without going to the "next level" of dieting where things are vastly more expensive.