Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weedman

wtf's with all these i hate life threads?

There are so many threads in this forum about people saying how much they hate their life and how acne has ruined everything for them and that they cannot go on any longer this way. I dont want to sound mean or anything but c'mon guys, a lot of ya are obsessing over nothing!!

Seriosly the ammount of threads here about people being depressed over their acne is amazing and the thing is that there are so many that are just unfounded.

I just find it hard to understand how a person can say that they have no life cause of acne and then after cheching out the person's gallery pics there skin looks great, almost perfect except for maybe a few pimples here n there or a few red marks. This is just an obsession guys, seriosly get a grip a lot of you are depressed over nothing.

Its useless to seek perfection cause you'll never achieve it, no one has and no one will ever, so just STOP OBSESSING :hand:

I know that there are also a lot of ppl who have bad acne and i can relate to that and how depressing it is at times, but i just cant get how a person with really mild acne or a few bearly noticable scars can post such depressing things on these boards.

Point of this thread: PEOPLE GET A GRIP, YOU LIVE ONCE SO SORRY IF I'M HARSH BUT CUT THE CRAP STOP WHINING AND START LIVING.

there now you can all start hating me :wacko:

PEOPLE GET A GRIP, YOU LIVE ONCE SO SORRY IF I'M HARSH BUT CUT THE CRAP STOP WHINING AND START LIVING.

Word.

you could say that to a lot of people with depression. Depression seems so pointless when looked at by someone who's more-or-less content with their lives. But sadly a lot of people are affected by it, and they themselves probably can't see that it's a waste of time. That's what it does to you, unfortunately.

How is your skin rubern ? :P

In one word crap.

i had acne for bout 6 years, its gotten worst over time, never any better. I'm 19 now and i'm 2 months into b5 and it hasent done anything really..

I dont want to patronise anyone, really i know what its like to be depressed over acne, all im sayin is that a lot of people here in my opinion dont have bad skin at all, they quicker they realise that the better for themselfs.

Correct, depression is ultimately a chemical imbalance in the brain caused by certain triggers of the past such as acne for instance. Although the physical condition of acne may have gone or be very minor that imbalance still remains. Its very similar to post-natal depression. I know of a mother who was all full of life before giving birth to twins. She was very well supported financially and emotionally by her family and husband and from the outside it looks like a dream family environment, yet PND still hit her. And its all down to chemical reactions to giving birth, not so much her Will as is common perception.

hey, then stay out of the emo board. where else will people get a chance to vent? leave them alone.

yea, well sometimes what you want to hear and what you need to hear are 2 different things. I dont want to hurt anyone's feelings, but when someone posts how acne is ruining their lives the easy way out is to say:

arwww, i'm so sry to hear that, things will get better bla bla bla.....

There are soooo many post that seem like the end of the world and then after seing the person's gallery you can barely see anything bad with their complection. :doubt:

Seriosly this is a problem that we all need to come to terms with and sulking in our own self pity isnt healthy at all. A lot of people here have to realise that a big part of their issues are in their mind, if you keep telling yourself something for a long time in the end you'll end up believing it even though it isnt true, its like brainwashing yourself.

hey, then stay out of the emo board. where else will people get a chance to vent? leave them alone.

yea, well sometimes what you want to hear and what you need to hear are 2 different things. I dont want to hurt anyone's feelings, but when someone posts how acne is ruining their lives the easy way out is to say:

There are soooo many post that seem like the end of the world and then after seing the person's gallery you can barely see anything bad with their complection. :doubt:

Seriosly this is a problem that we all need to come to terms with and sulking in our own self pity isnt healthy at all. A lot of people here have to realise that a big part of their issues are in their mind, if you keep telling yourself something for a long time in the end you'll end up believing it even though it isnt true, its like brainwashing yourself.

of course its an unhealthy cycle of self-hate. these boards offer such great support because of that. however, i don't think people need to hear:

"seriosly get a grip a lot of you are depressed over nothing" or "CUT THE CRAP STOP WHINING AND START LIVING".

^^ Yeah, seriously. Acne is acne. And even the smallest amount has a certain effect on people. If people don't like what they see in the mirror, their self esteem's gonna plummet. And it's not just acne. If acne is coupled with depression, anxiety or whatever it's an even worse effect. I have depression AND acne, and it's not fun. At all. Sometimes you have to look at the whole problem.

This is where people come to speak their mind, vent or whatever. They should be able to.

Sometimes there's more to the problem then just a few pimples.

If you're sick of "I hate life" threads then you should probably go into the lounge.

of course its an unhealthy cycle of self-hate. these boards offer such great support because of that. however, i don't think people need to hear:

"seriosly get a grip a lot of you are depressed over nothing" or "CUT THE CRAP STOP WHINING AND START LIVING".

Yea i admit that maybe i was a bit harsh, but i stand by what i said. The support here is great, i read a lot of the threads here even though i dont post much and this is a great forum n all.

But, still there are too many people here that really over-exagerate their problem with acne and make it the end of the world when really its nothing.

Just read most of the posts here and then go check the gallery pics.

sometimes you see threads like: 'i'll never have a bf/gf cause of my acne'

Now seriosly does anyone here really think that that statement has a single shread of truth to it??

How can you base a relationship on weather you have a pimple or not, does anyone really for a second think that that statement is true?

If yes then:

1) either your too superficial

2) the people your tring to go out with are superficial

3) both

I know i'm probably making a lot of enimies on this site right now, but i'm not gonna beat around the bush, we need to get a grip on our lives fullstop, or else well all be here feeling bad about ourselfs instead of going out and living our lives.

There are so many threads in this forum about people saying how much they hate their life and how acne has ruined everything for them and that they cannot go on any longer this way. I dont want to sound mean or anything but c'mon guys, a lot of ya are obsessing over nothing!!

Seriosly the ammount of threads here about people being depressed over their acne is amazing and the thing is that there are so many that are just unfounded.

I just find it hard to understand how a person can say that they have no life cause of acne and then after cheching out the person's gallery pics there skin looks great, almost perfect except for maybe a few pimples here n there or a few red marks. This is just an obsession guys, seriosly get a grip a lot of you are depressed over nothing.

Its useless to seek perfection cause you'll never achieve it, no one has and no one will ever, so just STOP OBSESSING :hand:

I know that there are also a lot of ppl who have bad acne and i can relate to that and how depressing it is at times, but i just cant get how a person with really mild acne or a few bearly noticable scars can post such depressing things on these boards.

Point of this thread: PEOPLE GET A GRIP, YOU LIVE ONCE SO SORRY IF I'M HARSH BUT CUT THE CRAP STOP WHINING AND START LIVING.

there now you can all start hating me :wacko:

good. i can hate you now. (not really i won't hate you because i don't think you thought this through and had everyones best intentions in mind) That said heres my take on it: because my depression does not stem from acne it a neurological disorder. but its okay i understand that you would assume that the emo thread ONLY stems from acne.

yeesh. sometimes people with depression WHICH IS CLINICAL have attacks resulting from acne, its not a cause but a trigger. So people blame things on it which is easier than the actual depression and low self esteem. I'm not saying thats positive, i'm just saying theres more to meets the eye sometimes with people and its a good idea to look at everyone as an individual rather than a mass conglomerate of annoyance. which by the way nobody is. The purpose of emo is to vent and get support. CONSTRUCTIVE SUPPORT not DESTRUCTIVE

PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE!!

but thinking positive is good. its just really hard. please respect the journey.

Yea i admit that maybe i was a bit harsh, but i stand by what i said. The support here is great, i read a lot of the threads here even though i dont post much and this is a great forum n all.

But, still there are too many people here that really over-exagerate their problem with acne and make it the end of the world when really its nothing.

Now seriosly does anyone here really think that that statement has a single shread of truth to it??

How can you base a relationship on weather you have a pimple or not, does anyone really for a second think that that statement is true?

If yes then:

3) both

I know i'm probably making a lot of enimies on this site right now, but i'm not gonna beat around the bush, we need to get a grip on our lives fullstop, or else well all be here feeling bad about ourselfs instead of going out and living our lives.

dude ...i wish i can start thinkin like u... :idea: ...

Correct, depression is ultimately a chemical imbalance in the brain caused by certain triggers of the past such as acne for instance. Although the physical condition of acne may have gone or be very minor that imbalance still remains. Its very similar to post-natal depression. I know of a mother who was all full of life before giving birth to twins. She was very well supported financially and emotionally by her family and husband and from the outside it looks like a dream family environment, yet PND still hit her. And its all down to chemical reactions to giving birth, not so much her Will as is common perception.

ummm you didn't take science very far in school did you? because you're wrong.

you can't have a chemical imbalance from a "trigger" the imblance is genetic and you're born with it and the trigger just exasperbates the situation.

Post natal depression is again due to the sudden hormonal change which is biological and NOT under someone's control.

Talk thereapy and behaviour modification can help in minor cases but it is NOT just a matter of flicking the switch.

for someone who seems so educated how did you miss that?? :think::naughty:

I think on a forum like this the feelings are kind of *catchy*. Like one person makes a "I hate life" thread then it gets other thinking about how miserable they feel about themselves and they end up making a post too.

But this is the emotional board so I think all the posts about how acne is ruining lives is justified.

If you don't like all the posts about hating life then just don't read them-end of.

If yes then:

3) both

dude ...i wish i can start thinkin like u... :idea: ...

his advice on relationships and thinking is good! the depression thing is a little off but the message is constructive in that sense

I think on a forum like this the feelings are kind of *catchy*. Like one person makes a "I hate life" thread then it gets other thinking about how miserable they feel about themselves and they end up making a post too.

But this is the emotional board so I think all the posts about how acne is ruining lives is justified.

If you don't like all the posts about hating life then just don't read them-end of.

or better yet. give a hug and a listening ear.

be the change you wish to see in the world. - Ghandi

you want people to stop hurting, give them a constructive way to boost their self esteem, don't break them, build them up. Thats why i'm going into medicine. to help people build themselves to who they want to be not the way others want them to be.

we are all special and we all matter.

acne's a bitch whether you have it light, moderate or severe. ok yeh i have moderate acne and it don't help sometimes when you see people that have what looks in my eyes 'clear skin' moaning about it. but of course, we see it like that because we have it worse than them just as people with severe acne probably think people with moderate and light acne are making a load of fuss about nothing. As long as there's people out there with better skin than us we're always gonna moan about it. We all just gotta keep helping eachother out i suppose, makes me feel better saying stuff to help others feel better anyway. :)

No one here is seeking perfection. Why don't you just fuck off from the emo forum if you aren't gonna be helpful. No one feels better because someone is belittling their problems. If you wanna live life, fine go out and do something useful but until you do don't act like you are better than everyone here who has problems with acne.

good. i can hate you now. (not really i won't hate you because i don't think you thought this through and had everyones best intentions in mind) That said heres my take on it: because my depression does not stem from acne it a neurological disorder. but its okay i understand that you would assume that the emo thread ONLY stems from acne.

yeesh. sometimes people with depression WHICH IS CLINICAL have attacks resulting from acne, its not a cause but a trigger. So people blame things on it which is easier than the actual depression and low self esteem. I'm not saying thats positive, i'm just saying theres more to meets the eye sometimes with people and its a good idea to look at everyone as an individual rather than a mass conglomerate of annoyance. which by the way nobody is. The purpose of emo is to vent and get support. CONSTRUCTIVE SUPPORT not DESTRUCTIVE

PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE!!

but thinking positive is good. its just really hard. please respect the journey.

Thinking positive is hard sometimes, and some people have it harder than others, i'm not gonna argue with you on that, i do respect the journey cause i'v been through it and to so extent i am still going through it. But as you said yourself, its very important to put things into perspective.

Depression is a such a cruel condition and acne on top of depression can really amplify the effects. But if a persons depression is a direct result of acne then its in a way somewhat different.

There are too many people here that say they there lives are really depressing cause of their acne, people that want to quit their job, drop out of school, end realtionships cause of their acne. You cant put your life on hold cause of acne ESPECIALLY IF YOUR ACNE IS MILD :naughty: , that what i used to do, well it doesnt work that way i wish it did but it doesnt. Maybe by reading my previous post you all think that im Mr. Confidence but im not, far from it.

There's this guy at my school who has really bad acne, much worst that bout 85% of the pics i see on here but he doesnt let it get to him, he's a cool guy, very outgoing and has loads of friends. He's a much stronger person(mentally) than i am and i really respect him for that.

I understand that if someone's acne is more severe than all this is really hard, and maybe it seems impossible. As i said before i read a lot of the posts here and you people seem like really nice people, and having clear skin doesnt make anyone a better person, clear skin isnt the holy grail of life, everyone has defects, my m8 has really clear skin but i'm a killer guitarist :P, even if i say so myself, point being we all got our good and bad aspects and all the poeple worth being with and making friends with see this aswell and they see beyond exterior things, things we cant really control.

Rubern, what you are saying sounds like what every single family member says who knows that acne bothers me. They say "stop obsessing over it", "just stop!", "it's not a big deal", and on and on and on. It's not like a lightswitch where I can turn my feelings on and off. You say to stop worrying, but it's not like I'm choosing to worry! If I had the choice, I'd have stopped obsessing years ago, but I don't have a choice and that's why I'm here.

:lol::badgrin::P EMO BOARD...

OMG this is hilarious... seriously Depression is combined with Acne causing people extreme distress and unhappiness. Either they're going to find a solution to the problem or they're going to grow their hair over one side of their face and wear really bad stage make up and listen to EMO. Life's a bitch sometimes and they wanna rant let them. Often discussing issues with others will help and give you the sense of a community issue rather than you're facing it alone. I have Depression and deal with it through the combination of Zoloft(that little happy rock/egg, which by the way makes me laugh even more) and therapy. Given some peoples circumstances they might not be able to afford Depression medication or it's gone undiagnosed. Which is sad. So the boards are a type of theraputic venting station for them.

I'm still just laughing about the EMO board. :lol::lol::lol:

rofl

Rubern, what you are saying sounds like what every single family member says who knows that acne bothers me. They say "stop obsessing over it", "just stop!", "it's not a big deal", and on and on and on. It's not like a lightswitch where I can turn my feelings on and off. You say to stop worrying, but it's not like I'm choosing to worry! If I had the choice, I'd have stopped obsessing years ago, but I don't have a choice and that's why I'm here.

Agreed. And since I don't feel attracted to people with acne(other than maybe mild) I don't see how I could be comfortable with it.

OMG this is hilarious... seriously Depression is combined with Acne causing people extreme distress and unhappiness. Either they're going to find a solution to the problem or they're going to grow their hair over one side of their face and wear really bad stage make up and listen to EMO. Life's a bitch sometimes and they wanna rant let them. Often discussing issues with others will help and give you the sense of a community issue rather than you're facing it alone. I have Depression and deal with it through the combination of Zoloft(that little happy rock/egg, which by the way makes me laugh even more) and therapy. Given some peoples circumstances they might not be able to afford Depression medication or it's gone undiagnosed. Which is sad. So the boards are a type of theraputic venting station for them.

rofl

What's funny with the Emotional and psychological effects of acne board?

Agreed. And since I don't feel attracted to people with acne(other than maybe mild) I don't see how I could be comfortable with it.

Well there are tons of ppl that wouldent care less if you have acne or not if they are considering going out with you.

you cant base a relationship on if a person has acne or not.

what if you get married with a person that has clear skin and then they develop servere acne afterwards, your gonna divorce??

rofl

What's funny with the Emotional and psychological effects of acne board?

No no no you misunderstood me I think... I didn't mean for it to sound trival, the "EMO Board" I just think it's a funny way of classifying it. The name EMO always makes me giggle for some reason. Go figure.

Not to make anyone here think I don't know what Depression is like and to make your problems seem trival, I would never assume someone is in less or no pain at all.