Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

I am sooo Happy!!! Big improvements from TCA Cross!

Today is day 10 after my TCA Cross treatment (did it myself on 50 pits using 50% TCA)

I am noticing 20-30% improvements!!!! Some of the larger pits/boxscars I was going to get excised in January - I don't think they are big enough now!! And I will do the TCA Cross every month and get more improvements.

I had to go see my family doc today to pick up a prescription - I haven't seen him for over 6 months - he said he is seeing 50% improvement in total in my scarring from 6 months ago (bear in mind I have had 2 lots of subcision, 2 lots of excision and 4 Nlites too in that time)

The puredeming gel, lactic peels and mandelic acid serum - they all have a part in this too.

I keep looking in the mirror and, yes, the improvements are there!

Have faith everyone - there was a time when I thought I'd be scarred forever, now I know the solutions are out there and it may take more time for the deeply scarred, but we must persevere. We WILL get there.

I am not there yet, ideally, I would like 70-80% overall improvements - now, I'm sure I will get it.

Take care everyone.

Maya biggrin.gif

Maya, its really wonderful to hear that, just 10 days and % 20 - 30 improvement. Definately you deserve it. I hope it will continue more and more fast. =D>

That is very good news Maya.

I am going to start my 25% TCA regime every two weeks from now on,

I think the risk of hyperpigmentation is not so significant if the improvement in the scars is really good.

woohoo! i'm also excited about the potential for TCA Cross!

my 50% TCA spot treatment on one pit has resulted in the scab falling off on day 6, and the pit appears to be smaller, but could still be swelling.

i'm using 50% TCA, but I also have some 100% TCA on the way. i think i'll start with 50% TCA on each pit and then go from there.

Maya, your enthusiasm and optimism have made my day! That is just great! I do believe you're gonna do it! You have the perserverance I DON'T HAVE! #-o Very, very happy to hear of your progress!

Sincerely,

John

Thanks everyone!!

I've just been round to a good friends house who I haven't seen for a couple of weeks - she immediately said 'hey, your scars have shrunk!'

If this thread gives you all hope for your own present and future successes, then it make me feel happy about that too.

That is definitely AWESOME news Maya! I am very happy that you're seeing a significant improvement. biggrin.gif/

It's one thing to notice our improvements, but when others start noticing and commenting too, it can make a world's of a difference.

This TCA sounds very promising! Again Congratulations and I'm praying for continued success smile.gif

Congrats Maya I'am really happy for you.. why stop at 70% the way you are going you should hit 90% improvment in a few months.. good luck

i'm using 50% TCA, but I also have some 100% TCA on the way. i think i'll start with 50% TCA on each pit and then go from there.

there is a guy on EBAY who can get 100% TCA. let me track down his email address and i'll send you a PM.

anyone who wants that email address, send me a PM, and tonight when i get home and get the email address, i'll reply to you. this guy on EBAY is small-time, and has to get the TCA ordered from someone else. he's got some on order right now.

Maya,

I am so very happy for you! I remember when I first saw the CROSS study I really thought it could help us all. The pictures are that AMAZING.

I have to provide a caveat and say I have a friend who used 100% on her nose and she thinks it made her scarring worse (could have been that pesky nose skin issue though). Anyway, to anyone else who is thinking about trying this, I strongly suggest doing a test spot first. Just my two cents!!!!

Bliss to all!

Anna

CONGRATS MAYA! If anybody deserves it, its you. You really have been dedicated in helping yourself and others, and now you're reaping the rewards. biggrin.gif/

Now I'm convinced that those pictures and results on the TCA Korean study were true! I'm giong to seriuosly consider getting TCA after my second smoothbeam now. As always, thanks for reporting your experience Maya!

That is wonderful MAYA! I believe u r a skeptical person when it comes to the true efficacy of a procedure to correct scar treatment. Therefore, I consider information your provide us with as valid and honest.

One thing bothers me though. I was speaking with my RN who does smoothbeam on my facial scarring...I am one of the smoothbeamers who has been consistently depressed about my scars and realize that smoothbeam (after 3 treatemnts) has not yielded me any imporvemnet. As a matter of fact, my scars are worse. Anyway, she told me TCA is like putting pure acid on your skin and it could be dangerous. Also, another member on this board tried TCA on themsleves and only after 15 days could he go out of his house after doing it. I just dont understand how u apply this yourself and it still be safe. Dont get me wrong. I want, more than anything, to correct my deep pockmarks, but I am also worried about this. I want it, but I am afraid of causing harm to myslef and I dont have the benefits of Dr Chu like u have. Can u help me out and tell me what I can do to achieve your results safely?

cool, btw what's the website to purchase 50% or 100% TCA? i know it's been posted but i'm having trouble finding it..

20-30% after one treatment? that's sweeet biggrin.gif

ylem

I am hopeful and skeptical all at the same time!

I'm sorry you have had poor results from smoothbeam - I myself have had 4 NLites and see no improvements from them - maybe they helped, but I don't think it is effective for the deep scarring you mention.

Yes, I think TCA could be dangerous - and Anna is right - if anyone does the 100%, just do 1 pit and leave it as that for 1 month - the last thing any of us wants is more of this dang scarring right? In a way, I was foolish doing 50 pits even using 50% TCA - the 50% is VERY strong - and although I would like to spot test the 100% TCA, my gut feeling is that the 50% will still yield the same results in the long run but have less risks when doing it on ourselves.

And I think it was Denise who said she could not go out for 15 days (or looked awful from the TCA for 15 days) and she has rationalised that it was becasue she uses retin-a-micro up till the date of doing the TCA/that she was already in a state of constant peeling/healing -so the TCA couldn't work in the same way.. not too sure...

And Dr Chu knows nothing of me doing the TCA on myself - I have asked him on a couple of occassions about the Cross method and he wasn't keen to pursue it - I guess he already has his own list of what he likes to do.

I didn't use the TCA on my excision scars as they are only 4 and 9 weeks old - I will leave them to settle for a while -they are still indented.

Like I said on the TCA Cross thread - I followed the standard protocol - I cleansed, then wiped my face with alcohol. I dipped a toothpick in the 50% solution and I just poked (gently) into each scar and touched the sides (inside) of each scar - it frosted white within 10 seconds.. and I moved onto the next scar. When all this was done, I just covered my face in this Comvita -18UMF Manuka Honey gel (which was my substitute for Neosporin) - and I kept applying the manuka gel every few hours.

By day 2, scabs had formed and I applied makeup and went out. I was able to wash my face with the Puredeming Castile (Olive oil) soap bar without any scabs falling off prematurely and the scabs were all pretty much off in 7 days. At night, I would again apply the manuka gel - and over the next few days, the scars started to improve in apperance, especially with the use of the puredeming intense gel put on my face very thickly for an hour or 2 each day.

As for hyperpigmentation - it doesn't seem as bad as with the excsions - It may be the puredeming stuff or maybe it's just that I am only in the scar tissue itself.

Ylem - I will also PM you.

Maya a question from a newb to the board sad.gif when you say that the scar frosted after 10 seconds and you moved one to the next one did u wipe the tca from the scar or left it as is? thanks p

p - I left the TCA frosting on the scar - TCA self neutralises, so doesn't need to be washed off.

I am not so sure that the TCA self neutralizes. When I had the treatment done the doctor put a ice water soaked cotton ball on the treated area.

(EDIT) I just read the information on Dr. Monheit's slides. Technically, TCA IS self neutralizing but the doctor puts water on afterwards to cool the wound.

Stefany, what is your doctor doing?

Thanks, Anna

Anna:

At first, my doctor was using a cold cloth afterwards. Now, ointment is applied and that's it. Seems to work out fine.

Anna - it seemed to self neutralise on my scars - once the frosting took place, it just stopped penetrating. And I continued doing the other pits without stopping - the areas around my scars started to puff up and look pink/red .. but the minute I put the Manuka 18UMF gel on, the swelling and redness went down and dissapeared within 30 minutes and the frosting started to go dark.

Today is day 10 after my TCA Cross treatment (did it myself on 50 pits using 50% TCA)

I am noticing 20-30% improvements!!!! Some of the larger pits/boxscars I was going to get excised in January - I don't think they are big enough now!! And I will do the TCA Cross every month and get more improvements.

I had to go see my family doc today to pick up a prescription - I haven't seen him for over 6 months - he said he is seeing 50% improvement in total in my scarring from 6 months ago (bear in mind I have had 2 lots of subcision, 2 lots of excision and 4 Nlites too in that time)

The puredeming gel, lactic peels and mandelic acid serum - they all have a part in this too.

I keep looking in the mirror and, yes, the improvements are there!

Have faith everyone - there was a time when I thought I'd be scarred forever, now I know the solutions are out there and it may take more time for the deeply scarred, but we must persevere. We WILL get there.

I am not there yet, ideally, I would like 70-80% overall improvements - now, I'm sure I will get it.

Take care everyone.

Maya  biggrin.gif