Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright.

I posted this as a reply in someone elses topic but I want to know what everyone else thinks about it so i'm making my own.

Although a lot of the girls here say that they would date a guy with acne, I still believe that females are the more meticulous ones about skin of the two sexes.

Maybe i'm wrong... but it's just the way I feel. :eh:

Speaking for myself, i've heard a lot more women commenting on guys skin (if it isn't smooth or perfect) much more than I have heard guys talk about it. And i'm a guy. Maybe i'm biased because of this, but i've never heard ANY of my guy friends EVER comment on or criticize a girl with bad skin we might have seen while we were out. Yet I have heard girls talk about guys with bad skin a few times. :doh:

For Example:

One day I was at my friend Dewitt's house. I was his company along with two other male friends, and three other female ones. While Dewitt, Alex(guy) and I were talking, I overheard the girls talking to the other guy who was there. The conversation started with him asking them "do girls care if a guy has mediocre eyes, 'ugly' hair, and some acne(?)". They said no, none of that really bothers them the only thing they wanted physically out of a guy is to be somewhat attractive, not to much acne, and have smooth skin. As soon as I heard that I peeked at them through my peripheral vision and they were all staring at me and my scars, followed by whispers and giggles. :redface:

It kind of hurt hearing that at the time while I was sitting there in front of them, but then I told myself that they are no-ones to me and I really don't care what they think or have to say.. but that wasn't the point.

I've heard other things things similar to that come out of girls mouths but never heard guys talk about it at all. (That's just me)

But is a guys skin a big deal to you girls?

I'm confused. Sometimes I see girls dating guys with minor acne and other times I hear them make jokes and laugh :naughty: at them. I have also seen guys dating girls with minor acne.

I've NEVER seen a girl OR a guy date someone of the opposite sex with high-moderate/severe acne and I don't know if that is the victim or the prey's fault. I don't have severe acne nor do I even want a girlfriend at the moment but I just have myself convinced that girls think a lot more of bad skin than guys do.

Am I wrong? :think: Honestly..

Some (guys + girls) care about skin, and some don't!

I, personally care alot about my skin and others'. I want my partner's, and of course my skin to be PERFECT!

But, if my partner has perfect skin, and she doesn't mind my bad skin...that would be even PERFECT!

However, I strongly believe that my skin will be PERFECT soon, so as you Sea Of Booze...good luck!

So....you are neither wrong nor right!

Well, I think that girls will find that guys notice acne more, and viceversa, but I actually think that this is only because you always think that people you like, won't like you back because of acne.

Honestly I can say that in my Uni there aren't many guys (60% girls - 40% guys) but there is one I like in a course with me... and guess what, he has some flaws... The first time I've seen him I didn't really notice, I had only seen that he was good looking, then that next time he was sitting next to me, and I noticed some pimples and his skin was a bit rosey (maybe some treatment, don't know) but this didn't make me like him less at all! I think he's cute, because I like his face features, eyes and hair and I couldn't care less if he has some flaws...

Well, I think that girls will find that guys notice acne more, and viceversa, but I actually think that this is only because you always think that people you like, won't like you back because of acne.

are you directing this at me or saying it in general? because i never said anything of the sort lol

..and JC is perfect your new favorite word? :lol:

i think perfect is rare, if it even exists

everyone has flaws

I try to minimise the word lol...I think it has been annoying you..but if you don't mind.....ya...perfect = delicious!

nah dude doesn't bother me just find it weird that you don't find it weird to use the same word over n over again even if it's sometimes in the same sentences lol

Sorry lol...English is not my first language!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."!

I am being who I am, and saying what I feel.

Sorry lol...English is not my first language!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."!

I am being who I am, and saying what I feel.

and you are awesome for that.

I can see right through acne for a persons features.

You know it will go, and there is no such thing as perfect. Whether it is the skin, tits, ass, whatever...

I look at a guy even with some scarring, and if they are well dressed, somewhat successful, or happy what they do.

Personality is a plus, I am married (somewhat now) to a dude with scars from a dog attack. They are on the sides of his face, but he's still good looking.

Bad scarring, maybe lighten it up a bit, but ya dont hafta be perfect in my eyes.

I kinda like rough looking dudes.

Gals on the other hand must be playboy perfect. Hmmm.

Well I am almost done with it. One more, tx, and thats it. (dont even know if I need it but for good measure).

But a bit of scarring on dudes looks human. Sexy even.

I'm screwed up maybe, but I don't like perfect guys, they seem like women...........

are you directing this at me or saying it in general? because i never said anything of the sort lol

No, I wasn't directing at you at all... I'm sorry if I explained in a wrong way, but really I didn't even read your message before posting mine...

but girls can cover up with make up so guys mightened know what our sate our skin is really in! whereas we see guys in all their spotty glory straght away (poor guys make up is a godsend!)

if we're all honest we would say we would prefer someone to have clear skin but having said that if I really liked a guy I would hope his skin wouldnt be factor, I really wouldnt like to think Im that shallow! but if your attracted to them then it doesnt really matter what they look like, once you like it

have any guys ever been suprised seeing their girlfirend without makeup the first time or did it make any difference?

It may be mean but I don't think I could date a girl with really bad acne. I think I'd have trouble looking her in the face without feeling awkward. But average acne doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I think that in a lot of situations it is more 'acceptable' for guys to have acne and scars, whereas girls are more often expected to have like perfect porcelain skin. I know not everyone thinks that way but it seems to me that there is maybe some truth to it. Just like you've heard girls discussing guys and their skin, around me I see guys everywhere oogling and discussing girls and if they see one flaw in her they'll make a huge deal out of it and she'll be classed as 'ugly'. But then I'd also agree that there are girls out there who can be very bitchy and very shallow and superficial at times. I also think that some girls may talk about guys and their looks more as girl-talk sort of thing, but when it actually comes down to it they wouldn't be bothered about what kind of skin their boyfriend had. They like to gossip and fantasize about the 'perfect man' but most realise that he doesnt exist.

A lot of my girlfriends have perfect skin but have boyfriends who have severe acne and they don't give a damn. But yet I rarely see a guy with a girl who has severe acne, seems to me like if a girl has more than a couple of zits she's crossed off the list and replaced with a clear skinned girl. Is it not that a lot of guys want to show off their girls to all their mates as being 'hot', whereas girls tend to fall for guys more for their personalities than for their looks? :confused: But then if I was male I'd probably feel the opposite.. so that doesn't really have any strength to it.

Maybe it's because I'm a girl myself.. but I sometimes do feel like it's harder for girls who have, especially moderate and above acne, to be seen in the same light as girls with no acne or scarring, more so than it is for guys, because a lot of girls dig the 'rough look' in a guy and men aren't expected to be perfect looking as much as we are portrayed to supposedly be. Scars on a girl for example aren't so much thought of as sexy as a flaw imo, some guys think they're hot but not as many as the girls who like scars on their men. But that's just the way I happen to see it.

I think if you're male you'll tend to feel that you've got it worse than us girls, and if you're a girl then vice versa... or you'll just feel we're all in the same boat. I think that really it just depends on the people around you, they'll always be people of either gender that find acne a huge turn off just like there'll be a bunch of people who really couldn't care less.

But I know that personally, I'd definately prefer to be with someone who does have their flaws, rather than great skin or a great body... I'd feel so much more comfortable with someone who has acne and/or scars because we'd be more likely to understand what each other has to go through and I wouldn't feel as self conscious about my own. I mean, if I ended up going out with a clear skinned guy that'd be fine obviously, but given the choice, say if there were 2 versions of the same guy, 1 without acne and one with, I'd take the second :angel: and I can't be the only one out there who thinks like that.

I think that in a lot of situations it is more 'acceptable' for guys to have acne and scars, whereas girls are more often expected to have like perfect porcelain skin. I know not everyone thinks that way but it seems to me that there is maybe some truth to it. Just like you've heard girls discussing guys and their skin, around me I see guys everywhere oogling and discussing girls and if they see one flaw in her they'll make a huge deal out of it and she'll be classed as 'ugly'. But then I'd also agree that there are girls out there who can be very bitchy and very shallow and superficial at times. I also think that some girls may talk about guys and their looks more as girl-talk sort of thing, but when it actually comes down to it they wouldn't be bothered about what kind of skin their boyfriend had. They like to gossip and fantasize about the 'perfect man' but most realise that he doesnt exist.

A lot of my girlfriends have perfect skin but have boyfriends who have severe acne and they don't give a damn. But yet I rarely see a guy with a girl who has severe acne, seems to me like if a girl has more than a couple of zits she's crossed off the list and replaced with a clear skinned girl. Is it not that a lot of guys want to show off their girls to all their mates as being 'hot', whereas girls tend to fall for guys more for their personalities than for their looks? :confused: But then if I was male I'd probably feel the opposite.. so that doesn't really have any strength to it.

Maybe it's because I'm a girl myself.. but I sometimes do feel like it's harder for girls who have, especially moderate and above acne, to be seen in the same light as girls with no acne or scarring, more so than it is for guys, because a lot of girls dig the 'rough look' in a guy and men aren't expected to be perfect looking as much as we are portrayed to supposedly be. Scars on a girl for example aren't so much thought of as sexy as a flaw imo, some guys think they're hot but not as many as the girls who like scars on their men. But that's just the way I happen to see it.

I think if you're male you'll tend to feel that you've got it worse than us girls, and if you're a girl then vice versa... or you'll just feel we're all in the same boat. I think that really it just depends on the people around you, they'll always be people of either gender that find acne a huge turn off just like there'll be a bunch of people who really couldn't care less.

But I know that personally, I'd definately prefer to be with someone who does have their flaws, rather than great skin or a great body... I'd feel so much more comfortable with someone who has acne and/or scars because we'd be more likely to understand what each other has to go through and I wouldn't feel as self conscious about my own. I mean, if I ended up going out with a clear skinned guy that'd be fine obviously, but given the choice, say if there were 2 versions of the same guy, 1 without acne and one with, I'd take the second :angel: and I can't be the only one out there who thinks like that.

^ Exactly.

It just depends on the person. but more or less I've noticed guys expect girls to have clear skin and girls don't care. I don't care. I wouldn't care at all as long as he's sweet and a good person

I think that in a lot of situations it is more 'acceptable' for guys to have acne and scars, whereas girls are more often expected to have like perfect porcelain skin. I know not everyone thinks that way but it seems to me that there is maybe some truth to it. Just like you've heard girls discussing guys and their skin, around me I see guys everywhere oogling and discussing girls and if they see one flaw in her they'll make a huge deal out of it and she'll be classed as 'ugly'.

i totally agree with this..i hang out pretty much only with guys..and i dunno..mebe its cus theyre all goths, so a bit effeminate..but yeah, they bitch about girls all the time..its no wonder im so insecure, the way they talk about girls being ugly because of their big legs or small tits...grrr! :evil:

but yup, i think its easier for guys to get away with acne..in fact, i find it quite cute, and makes me fel about a billion times more secure!!

plus, most of my friends/boyfriends wear make-up too :lol:

It may be mean but I don't think I could date a girl with really bad acne. I think I'd have trouble looking her in the face without feeling awkward. But average acne doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Yeah, obviously... I think we all are talking about avarage acne, not really bad one. I would feel too sorry for him knowing how bad it is, and girls can wear make up, instead for guys is not that used.

Guest max_powers585

guys girls atleast have makeup to cover it up we have nothing.. we have to go out all natural no no no :wall:

girls fret about it more openly and while i know guys suffer i think they tend to deal with it alone...which is sad..i'm glad acne.org exists. :)

In all seriousness it sucks either way for guys or girls. I would imagine that girls are affected more than guys though. I mean guys are supposed to have stubble and some stuff on their faces girls are supposed to have perfect skin with no stubble or hair or scars. When they have stuff on their face it is much more noticable than a guy.

have any guys ever been suprised seeing their girlfirend without makeup the first time or did it make any difference?

ive never had a girlfriend with acne so i wouldn't know first hand. but im pretty suree that it wouldnt bother me at all because chances are, if i like you, i like you for YOU. not skin

im going to start a topic about guys and makeup, see what everyone thinks about it. it intrigues me

I'm a girl, and I don't care if a guy has acne. It doesn't bother me at all. There's a guy in school that I see in the hallways that I think is soo cute! And guess what.. he has moderate acne but it doesn't bother me one bit. He is still hot as hell! ;)

I know a lot of girls who don't really mind seeing as they have liked blokes with acne. But i think everyone has their level, I don'tnotice someone with moderate acne but when it comes to severe even I will admit to looking at someones acne more than I should!