Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OMG! Wow. Dairy. That is the problem! It all makes sense. Thanks guys.

So...I quit drinking milk as much as I used to when I was a child. NOW- Recently in the last 2 months- I started breaking out and right now my face looks like absolute crap! 2 months ago I started buying more cheese and buying a half gallon of 2% milk every week. I've been eating cereal every morning. Sometimes add the milk to my tea. It can't be a coincedence! I just found this site and read that dairy breaks the crap out of people. It is true for me. I am done with real milk. It's too bad but soy will be my new best friend!

IT IS THE DAIRY'S/MILK'S FAULT!!!

*2 months of heavy breakout since I started eating/drinking dairy again.

*Have been drinking milk everyday for about the last 2 months.

=total crap complexion

Think about the dairy guys!

________

A hot little item with women here in LA for taking care of individual pimples is a product brand called "Mario Badescu." The "Drying Lotion." This stuff is like mesquito bite calamine liquid. You can get it at Nordstrom for $17 in a little glass bottle in the makeup/skincare section. You dip a Qtip straight to the bottom then dab it on your pimple. Drys up the spot. Great for overnight emergency face fix. You can also put it under makeup too.

I wish dairy was my culprit. I don't ever drink milk, (except in about 2 coffees a day) I hate cream, not really into cheese etc.. If it was just dairy that gave me bad skin I'd instead be clearer than crystal!

Hmm.. maybe dairy would clear me up.. nah, probably not :(

Everything gives me breakouts.......i dont drink high sugar drinks like smoothies, avoid milk (still have butter because i cant live without it) and i dont eat chocolate....they must all have something incommon because i can eat non chocolate sweets and not have any problems

2 contrasting posts above ....makes you wonder what the hell it could be that makes different people breakout

People have different sensitivities. Millions of people can comsume milk just fine. There are millions others that are lactose intolerant or have different dariy sensitivities. And even among those people that do have dairy problems, it doesn't mean it will show on their skin. For instance, take fish. Some people when they consume fish their throat closes up or swells shut. For me, I break out in tons of painful nodules. For whatever reason my food allergies and sensitivities show up through my skin. Lucky me. But I guess it beats having a potentially fatal reaction.

I gave up both dairy and wheat for two months because I was nursing my daughter and she had really bad colic. My skin actually got worse during this period - like I woke up one morning with 7 cystic pimples on my jawline area one day while I was on vacation (of course). Giving up wheat / dairy didn't help my daughter's colic, either!! I am suspicious of one thing, though. My husband and I have always used Kosher salt, and I bought a container of iodized salt a few months ago because I couldn't find the kosher. I read on this forum to beware of things with iodine (salt, shrimp, etc) because it can aggravate acne. I'm suspicious that this may have played a bit of a role with my breakouts. I guess we all have to be our own guinea pigs!!

i believe soy milk is my enemy also....i think....either that or pepperchoinis or borage oil, cuz ate a lot of those around the same time and broke cysts everywhere, like 30!

I think the dairy thing is a bunch of BS. I have always been a big milk drinker. I read something similar about dairy and decided to quit drinking milk. I did this for six months. Started breaking out around my mouth alot. After six months I started drinking milk again. It didn't cure my acne but it did get better. Just goes to show, milk is good for the skin and bones. ;)

I found stopping drinking so much milk helped me a fair bit, I mean it's very hard to avoid it in its entirity but it can be reduced to good effect.

About a year ago, i stopped drinking milk for 2 and a half months, and i didnt get much new acne, so it kinda worked, but its incredibly difficult for me to give up milk, i just LOVE cereal.

I guess im going to give up milk soon.

for me dairy also caused acne and the cystic ones too. i have stop eating anything containing milk in the ingredients maybe an occasional few and drink silk (soy milk) just as good as regular milk without the breakouts afterwards

Total nonsense guys, coffee doesnt break you out, neither does Milk or any kind of dairy, and neither do Soda's, your all paranoid.

This is right along the whole dont go in the sun advice, again total garbage advice, get lots of sun, trust me youll look way better.

I think the dairy thing is a bunch of BS. I have always been a big milk drinker. I read something similar about dairy and decided to quit drinking milk. I did this for six months. Started breaking out around my mouth alot. After six months I started drinking milk again. It didn't cure my acne but it did get better. Just goes to show, milk is good for the skin and bones. ;)

eh...milk is somewhat a controversial subject regarding healthiness? dats the best i can say. others, such as yourself, might beg to differ. i wont state my source because eh...they dont appear reliable enough to anal people here, just prejudging, but make sense to me...w/e

i havent seen any Got milk? commercials lately either...

anyone else? :ninja::ninja:

I believe it is the added HORMONES in dairy products that aggravate acne in a lot of people. I have found that switching to organic milk helps a little bit, especially since I can't live completely without cereal. I think it also helps my skin as well as my overall health that I have been eating a high-fiber and (relatively) low sugar cereal- try Kashi's Organic Promise Autumn Wheat; it's my favorite! Last week I shared a big bag of golden grahams and half-gallon of cheapo WalMart milk with my roommate and my skin is going to crap again, so I think there really is something to the idea of excess sugar and dairy hormones aggravating acne. I'm going back to my fiber, fruits and veggies diet!

If you're like me and can't live completely without dairy, try going organic for a few weeks. Organic milk does cost about twice as much as the regular stuff, but if it helps it's definitely worth the extra couple of dollars a week!

P.S. I also dropped 10 pounds practically over night stuffing myself on the above mentioned healthy foods, so use that as added motivation to change your diet if you must!

Giving up Dairy benifits MEN mainly not women.

Dairy can increase the risk of zits in men, and prostate cancer.