Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

Being up all night and acne.

I was reading The Makers Diet and it stresses going to bed before 12. "The more hours that you can sleep before midnight, the better off you will be". "Authorities tell us that one hour of sleep before midnight is equivalent to for hours afterward." Who here can back this up? I noticed my acne got worse after I graduated when I became completely nocturnal due to depression. Even in high school though I barely went to bed before 12 am though. Could going to bed early be the answer or atleast that extra push?

more sleep = better for body supposedly, immune system boosts, organs function better, w/e

i have to somewhat agree with this theory for now, seeing how ive been sleeping so little and breaking out more.

our body doesn't have a clock...if we still get 8-9 hours of sleep we're fine.

I disagree with this statement. Haven't you ever heard anyone refer to your body clock? Assuming you haven't, your body clock is what is known as a circadian rhythm. Read a little about it, you'll be surprised.

havent been getting enough sleep lately. literally had no sleep for 2 days. guess what? my skin has become dull & oily with a few new whiteheads.

Ive noticed when i have been up all night that my skin breaks out, however assumed it was to do with the naughty toxins that were the reason for the no sleep.

However I have at other times not slept and there was no other reason for the break out other than this, could it be something to do with the stress hormones. The strain put on the body so as to keep it awake.

One time last year I had very severe insominia(was actually the beggining of a breakdown, but thats another post) and i didnt sleep for about 5days. I ended up with stress adrenal stress that my kidneys physically ached like id been punched. And yup, I breakout loads.

For about a year I would stay up until five and six in the morning and sleep until around one or two. I never noticed any difference. As long as I'm on some type of routine, it has no effect on me. If I'm constantly changing routines (one night going to bed early, the next staying up late, etc...) then I notice my skin doesn't look as good. But I can't comfirm that I breakout any from it.

Ive heard the best hours of sleep are between 10-2

Also I think its iomportant to get yourself use to a sleep schedule. Try to go to bed and wake up around the same time each day :D

Ive heard the best hours of sleep are between 10-2

Also I think its iomportant to get yourself use to a sleep schedule. Try to go to bed and wake up around the same time each day :D

Totally agree. You need to establish a routine. Instead of forcing yourself to wake up in the morning, you should (after a period of time) be waking up at the right time. No alarm needed.

Remember: ROUTINE > CHORE!

our body doesn't have a clock...if we still get 8-9 hours of sleep we're fine.

I couldn't disagree with this statement more. Humans have been slepts and night and been awake for millions of years. This has been going on since we were monkeys, and neanderthols. Who are we to try to undermine millions of years of evolution in a single lifetime? We have a delicate hormonal balance ourself and the day/night cycle. Of course you can survive if you don't follow how're supposed to sleep, but only at your health's expense.

Totally agree. You need to establish a routine. Instead of forcing yourself to wake up in the morning, you should (after a period of time) be waking up at the right time. No alarm needed.

I need an alarm to wake me up in the morning, or else I would miss work and get fired. And I can't always get to bed at the same time, either. It's impractical for someone when their schedule is different day to day.

I try to maintain a routine as best I can, but I can't always do it because life gets in the way.

I need an alarm to wake me up in the morning, or else I would miss work and get fired. And I can't always get to bed at the same time, either. It's impractical for someone when their schedule is different day to day.

I try to maintain a routine as best I can, but I can't always do it because life gets in the way.

Well yes of course, obviously certain people (such as yourself) will not be able to maintain a strict routine based on their lifestyle. However, not everyone is the same. For certain people, a routine is easily achievable, they just choose not to have one. What I am saying is that it is possible for someone not to need an alarm if they stick to a routine.

I always set my alarm clock just in case, but I usually always will wake up 15-30 minutes before it goes off. Its due to an internal clock and I believe its healthy and means your body is getting enough sleep :cool: