Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doppleganger

How often should one replace their pillow casings???

I believe (and have seen myself) that acne has a correlation to how often you maintain/replace your pillow casings. I myself replace them every two days, maybe even the next day if I notice too much sweat or oil on them. How about you guys???

Guest max_powers585

i try to do it 1 week also i try to sleep face up to not touch the pillow case.. although sleeping face up is not easy i have to tell myslef like 1000 times to sleep face up and most of the time i wake up with my cheek on the pillow jaja

I also keep in mind the oils from my hair accumulating on my pillow casings. And I have very short hair. I imagine how some of you guys with long hair (male or female) deal!!!

oh... i change them every 2nd night. i sleep on one side of the pillow, then i switch it to the otherside the next night. then i change the pillow case after i have used both sides. i know it might sound a bit of a hassle to change that often, but doesnt really bother me.

Honestly - I don't think that changing your pillowcase everyday is going to make much of a difference to anything but the mildest of acne if that. As long as you aren't sleeping on the same ones for weeks on end, I really don't think it is necessary to worry.

I do exactly as 'tash described. Use 1 side of the pillowcase one night, switch it for the next, and then wash it. Oils and bacteria get into that pillowcase even after 1 night. Its worth it to always have clean pillowcases.

opposite to everyone else here my pillow doesnt even have a pillow case and I havent washed it for i dont even know(probably kinda gross) but it doesnt affect my acne at all I even sometimes sleep with my face smashed into my pillow and even wake up with a a crease on my cheek from the pillow(fades away after 10 mins) and my acne even seems to get better at times...

I guess my acne is completely internal

Guest molly_jean_comments

I believe (and have seen myself) that acne has a correlation to how often you maintain/replace your pillow casings. I myself replace them every two days, maybe even the next day if I notice too much sweat or oil on them. How about you guys???

[/quote

It seems like you are very self causious about yourself and youre appearance which I have total empathy for! In fact I am a very insecure person and am self causious about most things.

Somtimes, I wash my clothes (adding the pillow cases to the load of laundry) once a week but sometimes I wash them every two weeks because of my severe depression I dont have the motivation to do laundry. I have five pillow cases and rotate between them. I change them once a week.

I hope that helps.

molly_jean_comments previously known as Molly Jean

opposite to everyone else here my pillow doesnt even have a pillow case and I havent washed it for i dont even know(probably kinda gross) but it doesnt affect my acne at all I even sometimes sleep with my face smashed into my pillow and even wake up with a a crease on my cheek from the pillow(fades away after 10 mins) and my acne even seems to get better at times...

I guess my acne is completely internal

Approximately a couple of weeks ago I bought a contour pillow from macys. I didnt put a pillow case on it and after a week I noticed a big stain on it. I couldnt figure out why. The only place I kept my pillow was in the bed, I didnt eat in the bed, I always washed the make up off. That shouldnt happen after not even two full weeks of use. I noticed the soft material was wearing off the pillow and I exchanged it promptly. They had no problem with me exchanging it and were not argumentative about it in any way. I decided then and there to buy a pillow case to put on top of the soft pillow zip cover.

Honestly - I don't think that changing your pillowcase everyday is going to make much of a difference to anything but the mildest of acne if that. As long as you aren't sleeping on the same ones for weeks on end, I really don't think it is necessary to worry.

I dont really think it has much to do with them needing to change it every two days. I just think they want to and it makes them feel better to do so :)

If I didnt have depression I would probably have the motivation to do my laundry more than every two weeks and I to might change the pillow every two days even though it doesnt really make a bit of difference. It just feels nice to sleep on a new, clean, lovely smelling pillow case.

In regards to just fliping the pillow over I cannot do that. I just bought a contour pillow from macys that has a curved shape on both ends. If I turn the pillow over it will ruin the material on the pillow :(

I also keep in mind the oils from my hair accumulating on my pillow casings. And I have very short hair. I imagine how some of you guys with long hair (male or female) deal!!!

Hm..I have pretty long hair. And I change them every 1-2weeks. Probably has to do with it :ninja:

????????

I dont really think it has much to do with them needing to change it every two days. I just think they want to and it makes them feel better to do so :)

I think this is probably different for everyone. I know I get breakouts from sleeping on my face. I also get it on my neck from sleeping on my back. :wall: So, for me it's more than just to make myself feel better. Although, not getting more breakouts does have that effect. :D

As to the OT, I'll rotate my pillow 180 degrees each night and flip it over every other night, so I'm on a different part of it each night. I change my pillow case twice a week and my bedding once a week.

Every time I go on holiday and the hotel changes the pillow case every morning I notice an improvement in my skin. Of course it might be down to the relaxation and sun too.

once a week I change everything.

recently I went to a bath&bed warehouse sale and got 8 new pillowcases, they were $5 for 2 sets of 2! They are soft too and really nice. I got a great deal!

Dman people every 1-2 weeks I guess I'm a cave man by your standards cause I maybe change it once in 6 months. :ninja::D

I can assure you that changing pillow cases weekly will not affect your acne because I would be left with out a face by now since I don't change pillow cases.

i try to sleep on my back but i still replace them every other day. but i flip the pillow each day, though.

I dont use a pillow. I just use the pillow case and put where my face lies and replace it about once a week. I think i should start replacing it more often though....

i try to sleep on my back but i still replace them every other day. but i flip the pillow each day, though.

For some reason I do not feel like I am sleeping when I lay on my back

I dont use a pillow. I just use the pillow case and put where my face lies and replace it about once a week. I think i should start replacing it more often though....

How can you sleep without a pillow?! Id die!