Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joygirl

How long till my face doesn't feel tight?

I started the regimen Last Thursday, and my skin has definitely been improving. At least, I've had no big breakouts, just a few little ones here and there that have cleared up pretty fast. I haven't gotten red, or peeled uncontrollably, so that's great.

Anyway -- while I wait for my skin to dry after washing, it gets incredibly tight feeling. I'm curious if anyone knows when it should stop feeling this way.

The Neutrogena moisturizer almost makes my skin feel greasy -- and yet there are still areas that are very tight feeling, with some moderate peeling action happening. I hope that slathering it on after the BP doesn't defeat the purpose of putting the BP on.

Anyway -- anyone with experience with this, I'd love some information...

I've been using BP since late summer, and I still get that tight feeling quite often. So, chances are it won't be going away any time soon. It's tolerable though.

I've been using BP since late summer, and I still get that tight feeling quite often. So, chances are it won't be going away any time soon. It's tolerable though.

When I started the regimen, my skin was always tight after washing my face. You might want to try applying the moisturizer before using the bp. I find that it solves the problem nicely and does not diminish the effectiveness of the regimen. I also don't wait for my skin to dry before moisturizing. I pat dry with a towel and then apply. This is not recommended by Dan, but most everything that I have read about moisturizing says that moisturizer should be applied immediately after showering/washing your face.

After you have been on the regimen for a while, you will want to experiment with different moisturizers. Many people feel that the Eucerin Face Renewal is the best. I use it myself and I believe that Dan uses it as well.