Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hydrogen

honey+lemon+luke warm water

From reading the other posts about "drinking hot water in the morning", I thought I should write down the complete remedy here to help people who have hormonal acne. I had severe acne for nearly 10 years. I was desperate and tried everything possible except the birth-control pills (thought they had too many side-effects). But nothing really 'cured' my acne. Antibiotics and other topical gels were only CONTROLLING methods instead of adjusting your hormone internally. And once you stop taking them, the acne comes back stronger and make everything worse.

A couple of years ago, I went to see a doctor who practices chinese medicine. She prescribed me some chinese herbs and I took them for 3 months and got my acne under control. But the most important thing that she told me was to drink honey+lemon juice with luke warm water (40F) every morning with empty stomach. The water cannot be too hot, otherwise it would destroy the functioning chemicals in the honey. Wait for 10-15 minutes before you eat breakfast or anything else, let the liquid digests in your body. This is a natural remedy, no side effects and works like a charm. However, you have to be persistent - I mean drink it everyday. You won't see results in 1 day, or even a week, but over time (perhaps within a month or 2), you will have better skin, believe or not, also a stronger stomach. Many of us who have acnes have stomach problems (probably nothing you can notice), weak stomach, whereas you can't tolerate cold and hot food or drink together. Honey is very good for your stomach whether you have previous issues or not.

Also, during the day, try not drink ice-cold drinks (they shrink your blood vessels), and better yet, try not combine hot food with cold drinks.

Just try it, you have nothing to lose. My face is almost back to normal now. (still 1 or 2 popping up once a month, but probably due to stress).

Good luck.

Glad to see you've found something that works for you. How long have you been drinking the honey+lemon+luke warm water concoction? 3 months? More than 3 months?

Hmmm I'm drinking a bottle of lemon and water mixed. I might add honey into it.

Its relatively easy to make in the morning when I'm in a rush. I heard good things about this.

I've been following this morning ritual for the last 3 months...and it helps get me out of bed at the least.

In fact, I had only been doing this consistently for 4 months and I wish I had started earlier. Everybody has been telling me my skin is much better than before and I think so too. Even when zits occasionally come back, they normally disappear within 5 days and leave no scars. I'll keep on doing my honey+lemon+water mix. Both honey and lemon have antioxidants. Just be patient, they are only good for you unlike the pills.

You should try this with decaffeinated green tea instead of water

Green tea can do amazing things for your body and skin

is the lime necessary then? and how much honey shud u add?..also i've read sugar causes break outs..honey=sugar yeh?

hydrogen,

has this done anything for your redmarks?

I don't think it do much for the redmarks. The redmarks typically go away within 3 months when you have no more new breakouts at the same spots. So, if you keep on drinking this mix, your breakouts should be controllable, noticablly less than before. For the old redmarks to go away faster, I'm using Proactiv lightening lotion, which worked really well on me. Again, you have to keep up and use it daily to see results.

I love it! Great natural product, easy fun and especially SAFE for anybody, unless your allergic to the ingredients, but nonetheless, great job buddy.

Im using lemon for my nose and, slowy but noticable, im seeying my blackheads fade away.

Until then, farewell.

natural products 4 life.

how much lemon, honey and water?

thanks

DTA is right. You can have as much lemon, honey and water as you like as long as you can tolerate them. I normally use 2 teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon in 1 cup of water. Honey doesn't cause breakouts because it's natural sugar, unlike sweets like chocolate.

how much lemon, honey and water?

thanks

DTA is right. You can have as much lemon, honey and water as you like as long as you can tolerate them. I normally use 2 teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon in 1 cup of water. Honey doesn't cause breakouts because it's natural sugar, unlike sweets like chocolate.