Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

insurance companies!!!!

SO I was interviewed by this insurance company i applied for and they put me through the wringer about my acne, it was not fun.

And now i know for sure they wont cover my accutane, this sucks but im still gonna pay for it out of my pocket i dont care.

Did this happen to any of you ?

I knew i shouldve lied on my application. well ~2000.00 bucks towrds my face Any body got a couch i can sleep on for the next six months cause i sure wont have any money for rent :lol:

SO I was interviewed by this insurance company i applied for and they put me through the wringer about my acne, it was not fun.

And now i know for sure they wont cover my accutane, this sucks but im still gonna pay for it out of my pocket i dont care.

Did this happen to any of you ?

I knew i shouldve lied on my application. well ~2000.00 bucks towrds my face Any body got a couch i can sleep on for the next six months cause i sure wont have any money for rent :lol:

i've never heard of this before?! did you apply for new insurance to pay for the accutane? in that case, of course they are not going to pay for it. or did they make you set up a meeting? that would be bizarre. insurance companies do not do that as far as i know.

they told you they wouldn't cover accutane? what kind of questions did they ask you? my insurance company didn't interview me, i did need to be pre-aproved for accutane though. my derm had to fill out this form i think..Form.

they told you they wouldn't cover accutane? what kind of questions did they ask you? my insurance company didn't interview me, i did need to be pre-aproved for accutane though. my derm had to fill out this form i think..Form.

no they didnt say they wouldnt cover accutane, but i go to derm in one week and my insurance is not going to be approved for another fifteen days, so if derm writes script before my coverage begins it will count as a prexisting condition. any treatment 6-12 months prior to coverage will count as a pre-existing condition and then subject to a 12 month waiting period for coverage.

I could reschedule my appointment but that would mean me waiting another three months and i cant do that i want to start right now.

I guess i shouldve applied for insurance a little sooner but this is all bullshit anyways just give me accutane so i can get on with my life.

I had the same kinda thing happen to me *however* drugs are usually not taken into account in a preexisting condition. I still got mine for $15. The bloodwork was denied for acne being a preexisting condition, but I later refuted it saying I had never been diagnosed with "severe nodular acne" before, which is true. They accepted it and still owe me money!