Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MaGic_DuSt_

Anyone else notice this...

The less I eat, the less break outs I get. If i eat a lot during the day I start to break out, but if I eat just a bit in the morning then a bit for dinner then my break outs lessen.

Anyone else noticed this? Why does this happen?

No, I'm not consuming processed foods or unhealthy foods. I'm talking about quanitity of food.

Here's an example:

less break outs: 1 banana, 1 apple, tuna + mayo, 2 eggs, 2 prunes.

more break outs: 2 bananas, 3 apples, tuna + mayo X 2, 4 eggs, grapes, 6 prunes.

Guest max_powers585

no i havent notice that but ur tempting me to eat less.... this might work to lose weight for sure :)

No, I'm not consuming processed foods or unhealthy foods. I'm talking about quanitity of food.

Here's an example:

more break outs: 2 bananas, 3 apples, tuna + mayo X 2, 4 eggs, grapes, 6 prunes.

Have you actually tried consuming more of the exact same food one day and comparing the results from another? I get the impression that you haven't. The only way you can come to a reliable conclusion is if you eat the exact same foods but in a larger quantity.

What you must consider is that the more you eat the greater the chance of you eating something that your skin is intolerent to. It is doubtful that you'll stick to the same foods that you have outlined above. As well as this, you must also realise that if something has a slight affect on your skin, if you eat more of its effect on your skin will become noticable.

Here's an example:

Have you actually tried consuming more of the exact same food one day and comparing the results from another? I get the impression that you haven't. The only way you can come to a reliable conclusion is if you eat the exact same foods but in a larger quantity.

What you must consider is that the more you eat the greater the chance of you eating something that your skin is intolerent to. It is doubtful that you'll stick to the same foods that you have outlined above. As well as this, you must also realise that if something has a slight affect on your skin, if you eat more of its effect on your skin will become noticable.

Your impression is wrong, because in fact, I HAVE. I KNOW what kind of foods I'm allergic to that's why I avoid eating them. Thanks.

I eat the same foods everday, but there are days when I increase the quantity, and when I do that, I begin to break out for the next few days.

:wacko:

Your impression is wrong, because in fact, I HAVE. I KNOW what kind of foods I'm allergic to that's why I avoid eating them. Thanks.

I eat the same foods everday, but there are days when I increase the quantity, and when I do that, I begin to break out for the next few days.

:wacko:

I understand. I apologize for my assumption.

I would still hazard a guess that your skin is still (albeit slightly) intolerent to something in your diet, and that when you eat a larger quantity of it your breakouts become noticeable.

Yeah because you have to not only consider the Glycemic index, but more importantly the glycemic load. Just because an apple is low on the GI and healthy for you, doesnt make eating 3 at a time good. Too much food at once puts a strain on your digestive system

some people advocate that fasting really brightens up ur skin....

do not attempt w/ important plans scheduled imminent

There's also a theory that a serious fast can even burn scar tissue.

Anyway, less food = better skin seems reasonable since skin is an elimination organ and if there's less food consumed there's less to get rid of.

I think it works on the principle of calorie restriction. You'll live longer and healthier eating 1/3 the foods you do. This is the only known way scientifically to extend life. Probably because digestion puts a huge burden on your body and when you take that away / lessen it, your body has a lot more time to do other things to keep itself healthy.

U know i think you might be on to something.. i recently started to get cyst around my chin in the last month..and never had a acne problem i'm 25. In the last couple of months.. i've gained 5lbs due to the summer being over and not as busy.. but my skin is worse then ever.. hmmm maybe i'll lose the 5lbs . and see what happens.

U know i think you might be on to something.. i recently started to get cyst around my chin in the last month..and never had a acne problem i'm 25. In the last couple of months.. i've gained 5lbs due to the summer being over and not as busy.. but my skin is worse then ever.. hmmm maybe i'll lose the 5lbs . and see what happens.

If you try to loose the 5lbs, do it by eating healthy and thu moderate exercise. Then try to maintain that weight. Fluctuating from weight to weight significantly, can cause a inbalance of hormones and lead to more acne.

Here's an example:

more break outs on your list equals more sugar.

Here's an example:

more break outs on your list equals more sugar.

I don't think so.