Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaLa2006

Physicians Formula

So i was in walmart 2day just looking at makeup and i saw this brand Physicians Formula. its in the same place as the other makeup but kinda outta the way. I saw mineral makeup there. it was $10 and it has 14 grams in it. here is the link:

http://www.physiciansformula.com/detail_li...p;categorid=108

so i dont know if this stuff will be any good because i havent tried it. i figured I might as well try it since i might like it and this way i wouldnt have to pay shipping and wait for the mail! it has a lil brush connected to it and it says its Talc-Free. there were a buncha other stuff 2..u can look on the site and see it.. there was a bunch of different concealer stuff and powders and eye shadow.

Mineral Wear® Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

MICA, ZINC OXIDE, ZINC STEARATE,BORON NITRIDE, LAUROYL LYSINE,METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE,IRON OXIDES.

i dont know what all that stuff is..but the ingredients were not on the box. i dont know if some of those are bad.

they had loreal mineral makeup there also and it was like $13.. might as well get the stuff on the net.

i see on the site that they have face cleansers n stuff but that wasnt in walmart that i saw... darnet. hmm idk..jus thought i would let people know if they wanna try it. [im new at mineral makeup so idk wuts good and wuts not..im sposed to be getting EM and joppa in the mail!]

The only Physician's Formula stuff that I have is the green concealer stick. I bought the trial size at walmart and I am very happy with it. It really is easy to apply since it is a stick. It is around $3.5. You might want to try it if you want to cover red spots.

As for mineral makeup, I tried EM and I am liking it very much. If you are getting either EM or Joppa in the mail, I would say try those before buying Physician's formula mineral makeup.

I have the mineral pressed powder and i dont like it. it is really shimmery because it is so much mica in it and comes off after an hour or so.

I looove the loose powder. I can't live without it right now... it was awesome coverage (over my foundation) and doesn't look cakey or shimmery. Mine has really nice yellow undertones and goes on matte... and gives me a FLAWLESS finish. At first I thought it was giving me breakouts, but I continued using it and my breakots cleared up. Lets hope this lasts :pray:

i've heard mainly negative stuff about PF. that it breaks people out.

The one ingredient is parabenes which apparently isnt good for acne skin.

I'd stick with MM that goes with fairly more natural ingredients.

i wanted to try physicians, though they dont sell it in australia. they have some of their products here, but not all. just the basic. but its sooo expensive here. there prices average from 25-35 AUD. :doubt: ah well i got EM now. :dance:

i've heard mainly negative stuff about PF. that it breaks people out.

The one ingredient is parabenes which apparently isnt good for acne skin.

I'd stick with MM that goes with fairly more natural ingredients.

For real?

I've heard just the opposite :think: But I suppose its different for everyone.. it got some really good reviews on makeupalley though! http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview..../Loose_Powders/

I have it and mostly use it as a finishing powder but works okay alone as long as you let your moisturizer sink in really good. I've used almost an entire container. I do say though, the em finishing silk is great, I have to order some. Very finely milled. Nice.

The only Physician's Formula stuff that I have is the green concealer stick. I bought the trial size at walmart and I am very happy with it. It really is easy to apply since it is a stick. It is around $3.5. You might want to try it if you want to cover red spots.

As for mineral makeup, I tried EM and I am liking it very much. If you are getting either EM or Joppa in the mail, I would say try those before buying Physician's formula mineral makeup.

are the concealer sticks bad for your skin? im guessing it has all the bad stuff in it that liquid foundation has???

I have Gentle cover concealer stick in green. I still have to test it more to give a better review. My skin is not sensitive at all, so I am sure it can take the ingredients listed below...

This is the list of ingredients:

Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate, Tridecyl Trimellitate , Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Beeswax, Kaolin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, BHT, Cetearyl, Ethylhexanoate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Propylene Glycol, TBHQ, Vegetable Oil, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

i would prolly have a hell of a time tryna get the green color to go away! haha. i think its really cheap at walmart so why not try it. i'll hafta buy it next time i go to walmart

I read somewhere that Physicians formula isn't actually mineral foundation that it's just a mineral powder. I've never looked at it before but they say the packaging is confusing, letting people believe it is actually mineral foundation. I have heard a lot of people say that it doesn't have staying power so if it really isn't a mineral foundation, I guess that would be why.

I use the PF Mineral Wear pressed powder in translucent. So far it is the best thing I have found for my skin. I just bought my second compact, and the packaging clearly states "Mineral Face Powder". It is gentle enough that if I fall asleep in it once in a while it does not directly cause me to break out. I use a large powder brush to dust it over my blended concealer (neutrogena!) in two or three light layers, and it gives light to moderate coverage and a very natural look and feel. It lasts most of the day, as long as I blot with rice paper ($4 at Walgreens) when my skin gets shiny in the t-zone. It's too heavy to use for multiple touchups throughout the day, so I usually use it like a mineral foundation and carry something lighter for touchups (Maybelline Pure powder), but I love that the compact is portable enough for long days when I have to just re-do my makeup at work before going out.

I recommend trying it since WalMart and Walgreens both take cosmetics back. $11 might seem like a lot for a drugstore brand, but this stuff lasts a long time! I am still scraping out the last little bits from my first compact which I bought 6 months ago and have used daily. At two compacts per year that is cheaper than any other makeup I've ever used and it looks the best!

Remember that it is makeup, though. If I workout in it (or just get super sweaty on a hot day) and do not wash my face IMMEDIATELY I do break out. But all makeup does that, and most much worse than this.