Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I know, it's bad. And I picked. And now I look like an alien :( This sucks. It's doing that horrible throbbing thing where I can feel exactly where it is on my face without even looking! Yuck...I hate this. Anyone know some quick way to bring down inflammation and make this zit less angry? I want to remind time. It was probably just a pustule waiting to come to a head, but I couldn't wait, and now there's no head, and it hurts. Pease someone encourage me to leave it alone!!! :boohoo:

Ok, end of rant.

I don't know what to do about it now, but I think it's silly to always abstain from picking. That said, do it CAREFULLY, and with sterile tools.

Good luck with your current problem!

Ok, so the morning after: it's scabbed over, and concealer is sort of hiding it, but it still hurst (especially when I use those blotting sheets).

I have 10% BP that I spot treat with, but I also have differin gel that I used to use a while ago. Which one would be best for spot treating when it's inflamed like this??

Ok, so the morning after: it's scabbed over, and concealer is sort of hiding it, but it still hurst (especially when I use those blotting sheets).

I have 10% BP that I spot treat with, but I also have differin gel that I used to use a while ago. Which one would be best for spot treating when it's inflamed like this??

Also, Just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement! Sometimes we pick, and it sucks, but I can't always help it :naughty:

Agreed on the neosporin. It's scabbed over because you tore the surface skin. It's swollen and it hurts because you bruised the underlying tissue in the process. When you can be makeup free, wash the area thoroughly, ice it down for 10 - 15 minutes, and apply a tiny dab of neosporin. Then don't touch!!! Follow your evening routine and apply neosporin again in lieu of BP on that area. Repeat until the surface is no longer raw/scabbed. This should help prevent a lingering red spot too. Good luck!

Agreed on the neosporin. It's scabbed over because you tore the surface skin. It's swollen and it hurts because you bruised the underlying tissue in the process. When you can be makeup free, wash the area thoroughly, ice it down for 10 - 15 minutes, and apply a tiny dab of neosporin. Then don't touch!!! Follow your evening routine and apply neosporin again in lieu of BP on that area. Repeat until the surface is no longer raw/scabbed. This should help prevent a lingering red spot too. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! Can I put BP on with the neosporin? It's weird but a scab bothers me less than knowing that this zit is still lingering underneath. :confused: