Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carolla

Got my life back,thanks to accutane

Hey guys,

I just wanted to tell you that accutane gave me my life back,like most of you I was obsess with my skin.I couldn't stop thinking about it.I affected my jobs,relationships,pretty much everything.I been on accutane for 4 and half month and my skin look great.I can sleep at night and wake up in the morning without running to the bathroom to put on some make up before anyone can see me.I just went to the dentist for the fist time in 3years and I don't run to the bathroom to put on make up every 20min anymore.It feel wonderful!!!

I just wanted to say that I was terrified about using the medication but its been great I feel like myself again.

I had some minor side effect like headaches,2 nosebleed and dry lips (I highly recommend Dr dans lip balm,its a savior) I live and Canada and paid 30$to get it ship but its worth it for me.

I just wanted to share my story in case your thinking about talking accutane.I just turn 25 and got the best bday present....clear skin :)

Thanks for reading

Carole

Guest ThereIsHope

Awesome! I hope I get my life back soon like you did, I start accutane this week.

did you have an IB???

yeah, accutane is good stuff. i've only been on it for two months and my skin is almost completely clear. i say almost because it was clear then i got a new pimple the other day, but it's going away quickly.

Aww I love hearing success stories like this, I just finished my Accutane course yesterday and I feel like it's givin me my life back too and I'm more confident where I don't have to hide my face with makeup anymore..I also reciently gone to the dentist after 4 years :shifty: lol. Congrats on your new skin!

I wouldn't go as far as to say accutane gave me my life back. But it did in some perspects give me my talent back. I cut hair and have been cutting/sometimes styling my hair for the past few years. Its like art to me. It was such waisted talent anytime I cut my hair real nice and acne just killed the look.

A couple years ago I cut my friends hair, I asked him if he wanted it styled, so I styled it for him mad nice, and cut it, and damn he was like a new person. He went from an average to pretty boy. The girl he was seeing who wasn't much interested in him, even started payin more attention to him. Anyway I saw how good his hair looked, and I decided I wanted that look, so I did it to myself. Only 1 problem, my friend looked mad good, my look was just killed because I had a bad acne breakout. Before you even notice my hair you'd see my face.

Now my acne is gone. Last week i had another friend come to me to have his hair done, and this time I decided i'd do the same to myself as well, and this time, no acne to ruin it, and I even pulled the look off better than this friend. Thanx accutane.

Thank you so much for all your replies,This website is really great but if you were like me I was glue to my computer screen almost every night and you hear so many horror stories and it scared the hell out of me.

Ill will keep talking the rest of my pill I still have a little over a month to go.Ill stay at 40mg a day I feel pretty comfortable at that dose.

ThereIsHope:

I didn't really get a IB but it took a few months before it got better.I had hormonal acne(big painful pimple that came out mostly during my periods and they would take a long time to heal)

finallymejess,congrats hun I remember reading yours log last summer

I"m glad to hear that you had success with accutane too! I'm starting to see improvements and it's very exciting, not only to have a clear face again, but to also regain the confidence I had lost due to how I looked.

Best of luck Dan :angel:

I"m glad to hear that you had success with accutane too! I'm starting to see improvements and it's very exciting, not only to have a clear face again, but to also regain the confidence I had lost due to how I looked.

Aw, I'm very happy for you. : ) I'm in month 2 and my skin's very bad but I'm gonna still keep hope. I still have another 3 to 4 months left to see improvement. I can't wait to finally look people in the eye again and not be afraid to go to the dentist.

It's nice to hear your story because I'm starting on the tane very soon and I am nervous... but it's heartening to hear that it's all worth it in the end... I should finish my course around my next birthday as well and clear skin is the very best gift I can think of! I had a question though, it terms of scarring, how are you? Is that the next battle?

Thanks LaFawnduh,and good luck with the rest of your course I hope you get clear skin soon!!!

Sharon,congrats on getting accutane.I dont have any scars anymore.I had alot of redmarks on my checks and my chin where most of my acne where.I not sure if accutane took care of them or I stop paying attention to it and they stareted to go away...all I have to say is accutane made me a happy girl again!!!best of luck to your journey of clear skin!!!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to tell you that accutane gave me my life back,like most of you I was obsess with my skin.I couldn't stop thinking about it.I affected my jobs,relationships,pretty much everything.I been on accutane for 4 and half month and my skin look great.I can sleep at night and wake up in the morning without running to the bathroom to put on some make up before anyone can see me.I just went to the dentist for the fist time in 3years and I don't run to the bathroom to put on make up every 20min anymore.It feel wonderful!!!

I just wanted to say that I was terrified about using the medication but its been great I feel like myself again.

I had some minor side effect like headaches,2 nosebleed and dry lips (I highly recommend Dr dans lip balm,its a savior) I live and Canada and paid 30$to get it ship but its worth it for me.

I just wanted to share my story in case your thinking about talking accutane.I just turn 25 and got the best bday present....clear skin :)

Thanks for reading

Carole

Congratlation Carole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished my course a couple of weeks ago. I feel like you do. Congrats to you and everyone else who just finished - a toast to years of clear skin! Hopefully :pray: