Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blahblah900

alpha hydrox souffle help

i am using this product and it seems to irritate my face a little and i feel burning. I see EXCELLENT reviews on drugstore.com and would like to know your opinions about it. I use it ocasionally b/c i always have some sensitivity to it. I have lot of red marks and hyperpigmentation whihc is why i use it. My face has gotten a little red these few days b/c of it eventhough the directions say redness and stingness is common in the first few weeks. thx for any help

I own this product. It's a 12% AHA so you're going to need to take some time to get used to it. I would ramp up to it. Start off with every other night and once your skin is okay with that, slowly work your way up to every night. From what I read on here, glycolic acid is helpful with redmarks and PIH so I'd keep using it.

so avoid it during the daytime? I use it day and night and got red from it. i use gentle purpose cleanser and murad toner and olay moisturizer for day and gentle purpose clenaser and aha souffle at night . Do i need to moisturize also? Would u say using neutrogena healty defense lotion is a good idea? It also made me red when i used these 2 products togehter as souffle and moisturizer

Im using this too every night. It didnt burn or irritate my face. I think my skin is used to AHA already. But I havent noticed any improvement like what the other reviews describe.

how much do u use? I dap it all over my face. Am i suppose to do it just on the red marks like spot treatment? Another poster here named JC83 has a thread about him haivng his skin more red b/c of the use of neutrogena healthy skin face lotion.

I use it all over my face because I want to even out my skintone. I think I use quite a alot? I take like a pea size and put on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. My skin is pretty tough becuase I've done chemical peeling before.

I use it and LOVE it.

I started out doing my forehead then cheeks/ nose and finally chin. It stung like crazy the first few weeks and still does sometimes but the benifits far outweigh the stinging. I wash my face in the morning and put it on and put it on at night before bed.

it's helped with my red marks and i get a lot less acne.

one warning though..it did break me out the first few weeks I was on it..but if you can get past that then you're good to go.

how much do u use? I dap it all over my face. Am i suppose to do it just on the red marks like spot treatment? Another poster here named JC83 has a thread about him haivng his skin more red b/c of the use of neutrogena healthy skin face lotion.

I would use it all over, just don't overdo it. No sense in traumatizing your skin (which is what it looks like JC did from the photo I saw). Work your way up slowly, but use it all over for the best benefits. I used about two peas worth, maybe less. It's somewhat thin so it goes farther than a creamier/thicker blend.