Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Over my top lip, right at the line where my lip ends, I have had small red discolorations. Appears to be acne of some type but I cant get it to go away. Somedays it looks better than others and somedays it has a small whitehead. I have tried BP, coldsore treatment and the like. Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, or advice?

I can add pictures if needed.

thanks

Over my top lip, right at the line where my lip ends, I have had small red discolorations. Appears to be acne of some type but I cant get it to go away. Somedays it looks better than others and somedays it has a small whitehead. I have tried BP, coldsore treatment and the like. Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, or advice?

I can add pictures if needed.

thanks

i sometimes get those, i end up popping them most of the time, but there are times they are way too painful to pop.

I have recently changed my toothpaste to one that has no SLS and is parabeen free, i'm going to see if that makes a difference.

I get those from time to time too. They hurt like hell especially when you try to brush or whenever you touch your lips. As long as you don't pop them they will go away within a few days to a week. I used to pop them, but I don't suggest any popping.

Do you wear any lip balms or glosses?

just regular blistex, i also sometimes wear flavored lipgloss, but not very often with the lipgloss. and when i apply the blistex, i don't smear it all over.

Burts Bees

Their lipbalms have several ingredients that some people are sensitive to - lanolin is a common culprit. I use the Honey version and haven't had any issues with it, but i'm careful to keep it away from the lipline. I can't use the regular version because the peppermint oil stings me. You may want to try the Aveeno lipbalm (the one with the green trim, not the blue) if avoiding the lipline doesn't help.

Burts Bees

Their lipbalms have several ingredients that some people are sensitive to - lanolin is a common culprit. I use the Honey version and haven't had any issues with it, but i'm careful to keep it away from the lipline. I can't use the regular version because the peppermint oil stings me. You may want to try the Aveeno lipbalm (the one with the green trim, not the blue) if avoiding the lipline doesn't help.

I had acctualy bought the tube with the blue trim because I had a nasty crack on the corner of my mouth from my lips getting so dry and it has acctualy helped already. Once that tube is gone, I'll pick up the green one.

hey, i get those acne sometimes too.... am always tempted to pop those though :(

Anyways, wanna ask u guys around if u guys ever get frequent pimples around the moustache area, particularly near the ends ?

Have been experiencing that after i trimmed those facial hair :wall:

Guest ~Wolfy~

You should try vaseline (petroleum jelly) instead of lipbalm. It's non comedogenic I believe. (I actually get blocked pores in my lips when I use lipbalms).

One other common cause of acne around the mouth is fluoride from toothpaste/mouthwashes or even saliva. You need to be very careful when you brush and floss.

Flossing without drooling at all ever is hard. So, I've started using a peroxide based mouthwash before I floss (it has no fluoride), it kills anything in my mouth, and I get far less acne around my mouth.