Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CLouds

Seems like my skin is totally differnent from everyone elses

Well basically let me start off by saying Im 19 year old male thats had acne since he was about 15 but its been mild(1-3 pimples at a time) until last september 2005 when it exploded into nodularcystic acne and acne conglobata. Since then it had steadily decreased to about high mild to low moderate acne which it is at now. But it seems that I've always been able to pop every type of pimple I've had and that it is the only way to to get rid of my acne. And that it never leaves scars no matter how hard or how big the pimple is.

But the down side is that whenever I pop a zit it tends to bleeds untill it drys up and a scab forms over it leaving a dark red blackish spot that is about 2-3 times the size of the pimple on my skin that lasts newhere from to 4-7 days after I pop the pimple. So it looks like a have these cuts on my face or dryed up scabs. It bothers me but I know the longer it stays on my skin the better my skin will heal.

My question is does neone else have this type of acne? becuz when I'm looking in the gallery I never see neone with these red blackish healing scabs on their face it feels like I'm the only one whose acne heals like this?? And mayb thats wut prevents me from getting scars, but I just dont how most of u guys can leave a papule, cyst, nodule, pustule on ur face and not pop becuz I mean dont u have to get the pus out of ur face?? How are u just supposed to leave it on ur in ur skin? I mean where does it go It just cant go away on its own back and bury itself into ur skin and be considered healed. It kinda just frustrates me how everyone says do not pick and leave ur acne alone cuz it'll make it worse becuz it seems whenever I just leave it alone it never goes away and actually gets worse and spreads.

For example today I decided to squeeze this cyst that Ive had by my jawline for weeks now although its basically invisible and u can only feel it and it had no head. So I squeezed it for as long and hard as i could without letting up and it just exploded open and cleared out. After i took a shower and felt it and I feels completely smooth and flat although there is now a red scab forming but the cyst is gone..

i'm just wondering If anybody else has acne like mine cuz i feel very confused by all this acne info... nebody?? ok thanx

firstly u should never squeeze, ul just push the infection deeper and u might get identical pimples right next to the one u just squeezed.Scabs are ok they are just part of the healing process, just leave them alone to heal.

Hey man....im VERY similar to you....;) I eventually squeeze anything that appears on my face,neck,chest or anywhere.

I NEVER scar :shifty: I had a cyst on my neck a few weeks ago.I squeezed all the shit out.

Now new skin is there and nothing is noticable. I also get these red scabs from my picking.

They have gone blackish before but this is after i apply some BP.

And i mean ive fucking SQUEEUZED and HURT my face before and never scarred.

If one day i do scar i will stop..until then POP AWAY

Well basically let me start off by saying Im 19 year old male thats had acne since he was about 15 but its been mild(1-3 pimples at a time) until last september 2005 when it exploded into nodularcystic acne and acne conglobata. Since then it had steadily decreased to about high mild to low moderate acne which it is at now. But it seems that I've always been able to pop every type of pimple I've had and that it is the only way to to get rid of my acne. And that it never leaves scars no matter how hard or how big the pimple is.

But the down side is that whenever I pop a zit it tends to bleeds untill it drys up and a scab forms over it leaving a dark red blackish spot that is about 2-3 times the size of the pimple on my skin that lasts newhere from to 4-7 days after I pop the pimple. So it looks like a have these cuts on my face or dryed up scabs. It bothers me but I know the longer it stays on my skin the better my skin will heal.

My question is does neone else have this type of acne? becuz when I'm looking in the gallery I never see neone with these red blackish healing scabs on their face it feels like I'm the only one whose acne heals like this?? And mayb thats wut prevents me from getting scars, but I just dont how most of u guys can leave a papule, cyst, nodule, pustule on ur face and not pop becuz I mean dont u have to get the pus out of ur face?? How are u just supposed to leave it on ur in ur skin? I mean where does it go It just cant go away on its own back and bury itself into ur skin and be considered healed. It kinda just frustrates me how everyone says do not pick and leave ur acne alone cuz it'll make it worse becuz it seems whenever I just leave it alone it never goes away and actually gets worse and spreads.

For example today I decided to squeeze this cyst that Ive had by my jawline for weeks now although its basically invisible and u can only feel it and it had no head. So I squeezed it for as long and hard as i could without letting up and it just exploded open and cleared out. After i took a shower and felt it and I feels completely smooth and flat although there is now a red scab forming but the cyst is gone..

i'm just wondering If anybody else has acne like mine cuz i feel very confused by all this acne info... nebody?? ok thanx

You're very lucky that you don't scar. I have popped cysts and I haven't scarred from some of them but others I have. I have gotten those scab things on the ones that didn't scar and once I think on one that did. So I don't know, but if you're lucky enough to not scar, more power to you!

Wow, I've had the same acne experience. I'm 19 as well and when I started college back in fall of 2005, my skin went crazy. I had always had acne but it had been mild/moderate. I was like "Damn, I thought I was supposed to be done with this stuff!" Unfortuneately, I started to scar during my 2nd semester. :( I never thought that I would have scars. I would just be careful with the popping because if you have many lesions, the bacteria can spread and cause you to get more zits.

sounds IDENTICAL to me and i'm 20 had it for same time and let me tell u just get the accutane and in 3 months all actives are dead! seriously its nothing to be afraid of get some balls, see ur derm and get the tane and for christs sake don't squeeze that shit out it will eventually scar maybe not like bad scarring but pigmented scarring that can last for ages.

don't be a sissy and be afraid of the tane: its the best medical advancement in treating acne so why not fucking take it then?!?!?!

sounds IDENTICAL to me and i'm 20 had it for same time and let me tell u just get the accutane and in 3 months all actives are dead! seriously its nothing to be afraid of get some balls, see ur derm and get the tane and for christs sake don't squeeze that shit out it will eventually scar maybe not like bad scarring but pigmented scarring that can last for ages.

don't be a sissy and be afraid of the tane: its the best medical advancement in treating acne so why not fucking take it then?!?!?!

I don't have severe acne anymore so in other words i don't get cysts or nodules nemore. I only now breakout with 3-5 pustules and papules. And that doesn't bother me cuz they always go away and don't leave a trace. But I think my skin healing rate is due to my lifestyle as i run about 40 miles a week workout from 2-4 hours a day and drink like 1-2 gallons of water a day along with plenty of Vitamin C and E and milk. And wuts really important to me is that whenever I breakout i know its going to heal well and fast so I don't worry about that it much...

What are you using to treat it?

I've been using B5 for the past 2 months and it seems that cleared up my forehead and bacne. But like I said i still breakout but not nearly as much and no more cyst or nodules.

I do scar so we are different in that respect, but my spots usually do leave a scab of dark red blood and they take ages to dry up and go away. I have one of those right now and the scab is bringing the area up to skin level, so I know that if I take the scab off before its ready then there will be an indentation. Sometimes though the scab is above skin level and if it comes off them there will be fresh skin underneath. i just have to sit it out and cant cover it up with makeup.

Hi Clouds,

I wonder what you use to treat your acne. I had an experience where my treatment made everything worse. Do you see a derm?

Livi

i went to the Derm last October and he immediately wanted me to take Accutane and then handed me this binder with all this information about it. At that time i was completely ignorant of acne and had no idea what accutane was and eventually decided that I really didnt want to take medication. So I just did my own research on acne and found out that testosterone was the major factor is acne. From there I learned that excess endurance exercise lowers resting testosterone levels. So I basically just starting running like i used to during highschool (about 50 miles a week) and amazingly within about 2 months most of my acne had faded. Since then Ive really been just working on getting rid of my terrible redmarks. I've also been taking Vitamin C and E as well as B5. I still get acne but nowhere nearly as bad as I used to have.

i used to think this was my condition. i used to swear that popping everything that showed up on my face was the only way to make it go away. but i realize now that basically, everytime i popped one and it got ugly for a few days, and then healed up, there were other cysts forming, and i kept popping them. it was an endless cycle, and basically, since my face was always covered in either cysts or scabs. i couldn't tell that there were scars. there was just so much other stuff going on all over my face that it didn't seem like there were ever any scars....i thought there were none and i would get angry everytime my mom or someone would tell me i shouldnt pick at my face because i would get scars, because there i was looking at my face and seeing only pimples. no scars.

well. eventually over time my acne has cleared up and a couple months ago i swore off picking and popping for good, so i have no more big scabs all over my face, only a few small pimples at a time that i spot treat with BP...... and now, with my skin being clearer, i can see that i was in fact scarring the whole time. i have big pores, a few pitted scars, and so many red marks its not even funny. and everyone says that those red marks go away over time. but mine don't, because they arent just red marks from inflamation. they're scar tissue from big cysts that i squeezed until layers of skin came off. and what seemed like healthy skin growing in its place really wasn't.

:cry:

i wish i could travel back in time and kick myself for being so brutal with my face. i really think you should try to cut back on the squeezing. if you MUST do it, then only do it on zits that are about to pop anyway, like right at the surface. and do it gently. with just one light squeez then disinfect and DONT keep picking at it until the skin gets raw. or use the needle method. dont ever try to get one out that hasnt come to a head. if you HAVE to get one out thats deeply buried, try applying ice to it, that sometimes makes it come to the surface. but just don't over do it and tear your skin up. i know you think its not affecting you, but it really will eventually. from the way you described the one on your jaw, that you kept messing with till it popped, and then later you started noticing the skin get red, well that sounds just like my skin. all of my cysts that were like that, that i massacred in the same way, have now left awful scar tissue that years later i still have a hard time covering up.

if you have nodular/cystic acne then accutane is what you need to clear up. picking might give you some instant satisfaction of removing a zit, but then the healing process and aftermath isn't worth it.

my opinion at least.

but I just dont how most of u guys can leave a papule, cyst, nodule, pustule on ur face and not pop becuz I mean dont u have to get the pus out of ur face?? How are u just supposed to leave it on ur in ur skin? I mean where does it go It just cant go away on its own back and bury itself into ur skin and be considered healed.

well the idea is that, first of all, when you squeeze it, some of it might come out, but some of it also ends up getting pushed deeper into your skin and can get infected, so if your worried about the pus being buried in, then popping isn't the answer for you.

what happens is that by not touching it and by applying something like BP, for example, (or taking accutane) you are drying out the pus. so instead of trying to extract it and leave traces behind as well as leave an open wound that is susceptible to infection, by applying medication to it you're going let the oil and pus sort of evaporate. now, for big cysts that are under many layers of skin, things like BP won't always work. thats where things like accutance come in. they stop the oil production from within your body, and then then the cysts begin to shrink and go away on their own.

hope that made some sense.

i used to think this was my condition. i used to swear that popping everything that showed up on my face was the only way to make it go away. but i realize now that basically, everytime i popped one and it got ugly for a few days, and then healed up, there were other cysts forming, and i kept popping them. it was an endless cycle, and basically, since my face was always covered in either cysts or scabs. i couldn't tell that there were scars. there was just so much other stuff going on all over my face that it didn't seem like there were ever any scars....i thought there were none and i would get angry everytime my mom or someone would tell me i shouldnt pick at my face because i would get scars, because there i was looking at my face and seeing only pimples. no scars.

well. eventually over time my acne has cleared up and a couple months ago i swore off picking and popping for good, so i have no more big scabs all over my face, only a few small pimples at a time that i spot treat with BP...... and now, with my skin being clearer, i can see that i was in fact scarring the whole time. i have big pores, a few pitted scars, and so many red marks its not even funny. and everyone says that those red marks go away over time. but mine don't, because they arent just red marks from inflamation. they're scar tissue from big cysts that i squeezed until layers of skin came off. and what seemed like healthy skin growing in its place really wasn't.

:cry:

i wish i could travel back in time and kick myself for being so brutal with my face. i really think you should try to cut back on the squeezing. if you MUST do it, then only do it on zits that are about to pop anyway, like right at the surface. and do it gently. with just one light squeez then disinfect and DONT keep picking at it until the skin gets raw. or use the needle method. dont ever try to get one out that hasnt come to a head. if you HAVE to get one out thats deeply buried, try applying ice to it, that sometimes makes it come to the surface. but just don't over do it and tear your skin up. i know you think its not affecting you, but it really will eventually. from the way you described the one on your jaw, that you kept messing with till it popped, and then later you started noticing the skin get red, well that sounds just like my skin. all of my cysts that were like that, that i massacred in the same way, have now left awful scar tissue that years later i still have a hard time covering up.

if you have nodular/cystic acne then accutane is what you need to clear up. picking might give you some instant satisfaction of removing a zit, but then the healing process and aftermath isn't worth it.

my opinion at least.

but I just dont how most of u guys can leave a papule, cyst, nodule, pustule on ur face and not pop becuz I mean dont u have to get the pus out of ur face?? How are u just supposed to leave it on ur in ur skin? I mean where does it go It just cant go away on its own back and bury itself into ur skin and be considered healed.

well the idea is that, first of all, when you squeeze it, some of it might come out, but some of it also ends up getting pushed deeper into your skin and can get infected, so if your worried about the pus being buried in, then popping isn't the answer for you.

what happens is that by not touching it and by applying something like BP, for example, (or taking accutane) you are drying out the pus. so instead of trying to extract it and leave traces behind as well as leave an open wound that is susceptible to infection, by applying medication to it you're going let the oil and pus sort of evaporate. now, for big cysts that are under many layers of skin, things like BP won't always work. thats where things like accutance come in. they stop the oil production from within your body, and then then the cysts begin to shrink and go away on their own.

hope that made some sense.

Like I said as my post my skin seems to be totally different from everybodys. So when I pop a zit I always manage to get the sebum plug out and then it starts to bleed for a few minutes untill eventually it starts to dry up ON TOP of my skin. So instead of leaving an "indention" it seems to leave an "outdention" cuz the scab is on top of my skin and as the days pass the scab starts to get looser and looser and eventually just flakes off leaving a flat smooth and darkish spot on my skin. And after a few days the spot is completely faded leaving no trace of acne. I guess I'm just lucky that my skin heals so well like this.

And I've already experimented this before by leaving a pimple untouched and its seems that its never going away and actually gets worse. The key to popping zits is to make sure you get the sebum plug out and then the zit will be gone.

I find with these cysts the best thing 2 do is wait 4 a little while without touching it and u may find that it astarts to come 2 a slightly squeezable head.

the best thing 2 do after that is 2 try dry it out or use sumfin 2 make the inflamatin go down abit.

the reason u r getting such big scabs after picking at it is partly due 2 the cyst, but the main problem will be the way u pick it. if u r using ur nails 2 squeeze, u will be scratching the surrounding skin and possibly scratching away a small layer of skin, which will be why you end up with a scab around where the original cyst is... not 2 mention the bacteria you could get in it from your nails!

u should use 2 cotton buds and push around where the cyst is so that u can work it up and out if u believe you can get the pus out. or use a sterile needle to prick an opening for the pus first.

dont squeeze right on top of it otherwise you can end up pushing it deeper down and end up with something looking more red than before!

the reason u are ending up with big "black scabs", is because blood has built up underneath the scab. if u jus prick with a sterile needle gently into a part of the scab and push around it slightly, u will find u can drain this blood and have abit more of a healthy looking scab!

if you have done all this, then i suggest jus leave it alone now and let nature take it's course with healing itself!

i know life can be horrible with an unsightly spot on ur face but if you have a big night out planned... GO! if you think u dont feel confident enough 2 go out then try using something 2 help the appearence! sun beds can be a good help i find! i know thats not the best advice 2 give as they can be damamging in other ways!

but ive found sun beds can be a much quicker for helping 2 clear up different kinds of acne spots after a few tanning sessions, but thats only if u r abit desperate and only 2 b used as a short term measure!

hope some of this might help someone! x