Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soldier

Need a good cleanser while on retin-a

So i recenlty started taking doxycycline and am going to start using retin-a as soon as i find a good cleanser. Before i got the retin-a, i was using glades 10% bp wash with fairly decent results, but while it was helping my acne it wasnt doing naything to clear it up just sort of controlling it better than other cleansers. But my acne is like all closed comedones and clogged pores so my doc says retin-a will work best. Now my predicament is that the bp wash is a little harsh as it is, and i know retin-a is going to irritate my skin some, plus bp can cancel out retin a if used together. Bottom like i need a good gentle yet thourough cleanser to use in conjunction with my retin-a

my two potentials are

ceaphil gentle cleanser or

nutrogena fresh foaming was

has anyone used either of these with a topical retinoid or can give me guidance on a better cleanser to use in conjuction with such a topical

So i recenlty started taking doxycycline and am going to start using retin-a as soon as i find a good cleanser. Before i got the retin-a, i was using glades 10% bp wash with fairly decent results, but while it was helping my acne it wasnt doing naything to clear it up just sort of controlling it better than other cleansers. But my acne is like all closed comedones and clogged pores so my doc says retin-a will work best. Now my predicament is that the bp wash is a little harsh as it is, and i know retin-a is going to irritate my skin some, plus bp can cancel out retin a if used together. Bottom like i need a good gentle yet thourough cleanser to use in conjunction with my retin-a

my two potentials are

has anyone used either of these with a topical retinoid or can give me guidance on a better cleanser to use in conjuction with such a topical

i've been using a Dove face wash with cucumber and green tea+lotion and it's been great! i bought it last week when my Aveeno ran out.

my two potentials are

i would suggest the cetaphil cleanser or purpose. (I use purpose and like it a lot. i'm on retin-a micro, also.)

I recommend Purpose liquid, but Cetaphil is also a good choice.

out of curiosity, have you ever tried the purpose bar instead of the liquid? i've always use the bar, but never the liquid and i'm wondering if anyone's used both and found a difference. (people claim that the liquid is less drying.)

out of curiosity, have you ever tried the purpose bar instead of the liquid? i've always use the bar, but never the liquid and i'm wondering if anyone's used both and found a difference. (people claim that the liquid is less drying.)

I found the bar to be more drying, and i don't like bar soaps anyway, too messy. But if you like the bar, no reason to switch.

I converted to purpose a month ago and I haven't looked back yet! I love the liquid pump, but I wont use the bar because it contains irritants that help it to foam. You are best off with the liquid.

I currently have retin a micro but havn't started to use it yet because i had some irritation from a cleanser. I started using my special cleansing gel from dermalogica again is this too strong to use with retin-a?We don't have purpose in the UK I believe (from searching the internet, unless someone can inform me otherwise?)

I have been on Retin-A Micro for about 4 months and I have found that the more gentle the cleaner the better. I use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser and I love it. It is so gentle and leaves my skin feeling so soft. I would definitely recommend it to you while you're on Retin-A Micro.