Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest stacia

eucharin broke me out

Guest stacia

First let me say, yes, it was the face version, and yes, I am sure that it broke me out. At first, I wasn't certain...I needed a creamy moisturizer to go along with the regimine so I got eucharin. I got really depressed as my progress started turning around - I got of these huge whiteheads on my chin which wouldn't stop. After a while I decided to lay off of the Eucharin and go back to the Tea Tree matifying gel from the body shop which I always used before. The only problem with that is that it's not creamy and I was still getting dry. However, I didn't have these terrible welts on my chin anymore. I tried it once more to make sure and it broke me out again. So please beware - it can break you out, it has Lanolin Alcohol in it.

In the meantime, I am trying the much cheaper (and it comes with more in the bottle too) Boots oil free moisturizer with AHA. So far it seems creamy enough and seems not to be breaking me out. The ingredients didn't look so bad online, although a few of them were rated a 2 on the comedogenic scale - not any worse than Lanolin alchohol in Eucharin though. I'll keep you guys posted.

I used a free sachet of Eucerin and didn't think much of it so you're not alone. What's the name of this Boots AHA moisturiser you're using?

lol, glad its not just me *got laughed at when i suggested it was eucerin that broke me out*

however, i use less of it now, and my face seems to haver got used to it, so im still using it, and happier with it.

Guest stacia

Boots has a line of acne products called "Skin Clear". They are in a purple/blue packaging. This one is called "Oil Free Moisturiser". It's 75ml and it has AHA in it as well as no glaring comedogenic no-nos.

I might give this one a try as i'm using the eucerin one you was on about right now and can never manage to get 100% acne free, maybe this is the reason why, could you try and get me a pic of this product.?

ive tried some of those products..i found they did nothing whatsoever, though havent tried the moisturiser.

Yeah i tried the body wash and it was crap, i'll give the moisturiser a try though.

First let me say, yes, it was the face version, and yes, I am sure that it broke me out. At first, I wasn't certain...I needed a creamy moisturizer to go along with the regimine so I got eucharin. I got really depressed as my progress started turning around - I got of these huge whiteheads on my chin which wouldn't stop. After a while I decided to lay off of the Eucharin and go back to the Tea Tree matifying gel from the body shop which I always used before. The only problem with that is that it's not creamy and I was still getting dry. However, I didn't have these terrible welts on my chin anymore. I tried it once more to make sure and it broke me out again. So please beware - it can break you out, it has Lanolin Alcohol in it.

In the meantime, I am trying the much cheaper (and it comes with more in the bottle too) Boots oil free moisturizer with AHA. So far it seems creamy enough and seems not to be breaking me out. The ingredients didn't look so bad online, although a few of them were rated a 2 on the comedogenic scale - not any worse than Lanolin alchohol in Eucharin though. I'll keep you guys posted.

im also glad im not the only one whos experienced this, Eucerin caused me to break out really bad, worst i have been in ages. i now use nivea for men sensitive and it seems to work pretty well. I've tried the boots one before but didnt really work for me but good luck.

Guest stacia

Yeah i tried the body wash and it was crap, i'll give the moisturiser a try though.

Is this the moisturiser, also (Lanolin Alcohol) is only 0-2 for COM grade on the zerozits website and 0 for IRR grade so it shouldn't really break you out.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/skin-care/boots-sk...ee-moisturiser/

Yeah I'm not sure what is in that moisturiser which is making some people break out. That link is to the one that I have now though. So far it is not making me break out, but my chin is still flakey even though I'm using jojoba oil too. I'll give it a while and see how it goes though.