Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, this forum seems like an exceleent support group. I am a 42 yr old male who has fought acne since i was about 15. It wasnt till i was about 30, that i fianlly went to a derm and was prescribed antibiotocs. These helped somewhat, but stil get a number of breakouts daily--and some that are cystic and just don't seem to ever go away. My derm has mentioned accutane and i have been reluctant to take the plunge due to the side affects. This may seem very vain, but i am most worried about the possibilty of hair loss. How ironic would it be to have my face clear up and my hair to fall out. I was wondering what others thought / or experinced in regard to hair loss as a side effect. Thanks in advance.

Hi, this forum seems like an exceleent support group. I am a 42 yr old male who has fought acne since i was about 15. It wasnt till i was about 30, that i fianlly went to a derm and was prescribed antibiotocs. These helped somewhat, but stil get a number of breakouts daily--and some that are cystic and just don't seem to ever go away. My derm has mentioned accutane and i have been reluctant to take the plunge due to the side affects. This may seem very vain, but i am most worried about the possibilty of hair loss. How ironic would it be to have my face clear up and my hair to fall out. I was wondering what others thought / or experinced in regard to hair loss as a side effect. Thanks in advance.

Ok, well heresmy response. My father is 50, and he has a full head of hair. According to my father, if you dont lose your hair by the time your 40,you wont lose it. Hairloss is a less common side effect, so if you have hair now, dont worry about it, you wont lose it. Also read my cold water thread in the other hair,oss thread.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=125583