Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MaGic_DuSt_

Those who take B5 in large amounts

actually yea its seems that I never really worry that much or maybe I just dont take things seriously enough...

Your life must be stress-free?

Never had that effect on me. I was actually stressed about taking so much of it. It cleared my inflammatory acne, but not all the comedones and it really isn't a smart long-term solution.

Never had that effect on me. I was actually stressed about taking so much of it. It cleared my inflammatory acne, but not all the comedones and it really isn't a smart long-term solution.

does b5 work in small doses? for a longer period of time? w/ any side effects?

does b5 work in small doses? for a longer period of time? w/ any side effects?

I never took the recommended 10 grams. It "worked" for me at 6 grams; although, as I said, I still had comedonal acne. BUT, long-term, it could very possibly damage your kidneys. Plus, it's quite expensive. Everybody that I've read of on this site always quits taking it in the long run for one reason or another. Please, if you do try it, (which I don't recommend) make sure you drink lots of water.

It's really better to try to find the underlying cause of your acne and treat it that way, or at least try things that won't be potentially damaging to your health.

I work in a very very stressful environment and taking the B5 has helped, I must say. It's not that I am "stress free" and don't take things seriously, but I am more focused and instead of freaking out when things get stressful, I just focus and get it done.

:think: if b5 gets rid of stress maybe i should start taking it because i have lots of stress. does anyone know if it's ok to take with accutane?

Hi,

I've taken b5 for 2 years. Although my acne has completely disappeared, I have noticed NO change in my stress level (and I am a stressed out person dealing with exams and such).

However, if you want a vitamin that completely removes stress, buy a Vitamin B called "Inositol" -- its water soluable and has no side effects.

This vitamin works SO WELL for removing stress that it is used as a medication by doctors. It also can reduce stress EQUAL and MORE THAN prescribed chemical stress medications. On medical sites, it says to take 4-8 grams a day (8-easy-to-swallow-pills).

I have been taking it because I can get stressed out quite easily. At 6 grams a day, you will notice the results in 3 days and now I can handle ANY situation (breakups, arguments, low exam grades :P) without getting stressed out in the least. I read on a medical site that this vitamin recoats the nerve endings in the brain.

I really suggest anyone who bites their nails or is anxious or worries about things to take this vitamin. The results are quick and very startling.