Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright. So with my first post I decided to tell you a little about myself and the effects that acne has had on me. I developed cystic acne at the age of 12.. I am now 17 and yes.. it has been horrible. My face is constantly red..sometimes I get huge cysts.. but none recently.. but i get all these anoying breakouts that leave my skin even more red...and they start to flake and get all raw and scab like at times. My forhead and cheeks are clear.. but my nose, chin and around the corners of my lips are ALWAYS a mess. Sometime I have those good days... but mostly not.

So finally.. the effects it has had on me:

-Low self-esteem

-Constantly wanting to just die

-lost social life

-embarrasment

-emotional and physical scars

-hatred towards everything

-lost hope in hobbies and things i love

-missing school and important family events because of my embarasment

-dry flaky red skin that is to tight I cant even open my mouth to smile or laugh or even eat..

-and many... MANY more...

Many things make me happy in life.. but It is really just NOT FAIR how EVERYTHING can be ruined and not even matter anymore when you wake up and look at a sad face DESTROYED by acne..

Why did I decide to join you ask? For many reasons:

-I need help

-I have tried EVERYTHING

-You guys are really the ONLY people that will understand me

-You guys know what im going through.. and are very smart and you are all not ignorant.. you know acne is a big deal

-You sure know how to cheer people up sometimes

-I really need to talk to people who understand what Im going through..and make me feel as if i belong and im not alone.

If your face is flaky, maybe you're not using enough moisturizer. Have you been using a specific regimen? And from the emotional effects acne has been having on you, I suggest you talk to your doctor about anti-depressants. There are so many better things you can be doing, and you should enjoy life. I've been on anti-depressants and they've helped me get back to my life. The only thing I worry about is going off of them. If I don't take one, the rest of the day I get scared I'm going to feel like shit again. And anti-depressants should be the last thing you try after you try to get over this problem by yourself. Good luck! :angel:

Alright. So with my first post I decided to tell you a little about myself and the effects that acne has had on me. I developed cystic acne at the age of 12.. I am now 17 and yes.. it has been horrible. My face is constantly red..sometimes I get huge cysts.. but none recently.. but i get all these anoying breakouts that leave my skin even more red...and they start to flake and get all raw and scab like at times. My forhead and cheeks are clear.. but my nose, chin and around the corners of my lips are ALWAYS a mess. Sometime I have those good days... but mostly not.

-Low self-esteem

-lost social life

-embarrasment

-dry flaky red skin that is to tight I cant even open my mouth to smile or laugh or even eat..

Many things make me happy in life.. but It is really just NOT FAIR how EVERYTHING can be ruined and not even matter anymore when you wake up and look at a sad face DESTROYED by acne..

-I need help

-I have tried EVERYTHING

-You guys know what im going through.. and are very smart and you are all not ignorant.. you know acne is a big deal

-I really need to talk to people who understand what Im going through..and make me feel as if i belong and im not alone.

-Low self-esteem

-lost social life

-embarrasment

-I need help

-I have tried EVERYTHING

try this... its easy..

cut down on your carbs.... bread, pasta, rice, etc.. sugar !!..

and increase your protein and fat..

I bet it will work for you.

dont go too drastic though.. ease into it

other than that...

Welcome.. just think that one day it will be over..

.. id like to add that I at times have wanted to die because of acne.... but then i came to realize I would be ruining peoples lives.. esp. my family.. so this is not an option, the pain is for me, not for them.. but if you read my recent post, you will see i don't feel this pain from acne.

Most of us are going through the same horrible emotional crap. I am trying to figure out as an adult how to cope with my acne. Just try to hang in there with your life. Maybe you can give me suggestions and I can give you some!

I know what you mean by being anti-social. My mom says I've been that way, or at least very shy, since I was 11 when I started breaking out and getting mean comments. When I'm feeling low I like to trap myself in a video game, listen to music, write, draw, drive, anything to escape. I hope you feel better soon and remember you're among friends. :)

Welcome to the board!

I've shared similar feelings as you. I at times have felt like life is not even worth it, and just felt like dying. I've also become a very anit-social person because of acne. I rarely ever go out nowadays. It hurts for me to open my mouth right now, because I'm having a bad breakout in painful whiteheads around my mouth and chin. The best thing you can do is to not give up hope, and to come here whenever you feel like venting, because like you said we do understand.;)

missing important family events are the worst..

I've hid in my room while my family has a christmas party.. had my family say i was sleeping becuae I worked early ..

missed my brothers and sisters graduation.

and many others..