Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmmmyeah

Price of tane

Does anyone know the cost of tane for like, a month's supply? Without any insurance at all?

I'm on child health plus and I want to know if they cover it or not.. What happens if they don't? I'd have to pay for tane all by myself? :confused::(

I brought my generic Accutane (Claravis) from the Walmart Pharmacy for $330 a month

Does generic accutane require everything regular tane does? Blood tests, pregnancy tests, etc etc?

mine would be $620 a month without insurance,that's for 60, 40mg pills i think it would be less if i went to a different pharmacy, generics are cheaper than accutane. try wal mart or target or costco. i think they have the cheapest pharmacy.

Depends on the dosage. Some dosages require more than one pack and the packs must be purchased individually. At my Walgreens, the price without insurance a single pack of 40mg generic (Claravis) was around $260 if i recall correctly.

Depends on the dosage. Some dosages require more than one pack and the packs must be purchased individually. At my Walgreens, the price without insurance a single pack of 40mg generic (Claravis) was around $260 if i recall correctly.

by single pack, do you mean 10 pills?

someone posted the exact charges a month or so ago from different pharmacies.... there wasn't a huge difference between brand name and generic.

argh.... I can't find it!

They were all about or over $300 for a pack of 30 of 40mg.

If you are in new york and are close at all to a Canadian city/town at all, it should be less than $100 for 40mg pack of 30.

someone posted the exact charges a month or so ago from different pharmacies.... there wasn't a huge difference between brand name and generic.

If you are in new york and are close at all to a Canadian city/town at all, it should be less than $100 for 40mg pack of 30.

could you order accutane to be shipped from a canadian pharmacy? would they fill a US prescription?

Well, Walgreens website lists the price of 30 of the brand name (20mg) as $448 while the generic Clarvis is only $240 for the same amount and strength. Pretty huge difference if you ask me.

could you order accutane to be shipped from a canadian pharmacy? would they fill a US prescription?

when i called a canadian pharmacy last month they said they wouldn't fill Rx's of accutane for female patients period. :wall: i'm assuming that's just online though. i guess canadian chicks can get accutane if they do it in canada.

^^whoa that's cheap!

if your talking ot me yea i know, you should hear my story about the boo boo the pharmacy made (were trying to charge me what they were suppose to charge the insurance (220$) got scared...

my pamphlet says that the cost of a month's supply for me would be $598 or something like that. WIth insurance, my copay is only $5 though a month!!

$3 here for a 3 month supply FTW :D

I wanna move to NZ. Is that with insurance?

I think you can only claim insurance from the derm visits (80-100 NZD)

It's $3 with a 'community services card', otherwise if you earn more than 40k it's $15

Govt subsidary pays for like 80% of the isotane cost to the pharmacist.

However, 3 months supply as my derm is off on Holiday in Jan.. so no appointment until then. :D

You guys should move to Australia.

I pay $30 a month, without insurance - that's for a pack of 60 40mg.

I've also never heard of I-pledge, and was only required to do one blood test at the beginning of treatment to prove I wasn't pregnant (which was kind of ironic, seeing as I'm a virgin...).

I've had 3 derm appts during my entire 6-month treatment.

Sounds like everyone in America has it so much harder!

You guys should move to Australia.

I pay $30 a month, without insurance - that's for a pack of 60 40mg.

I've also never heard of I-pledge, and was only required to do one blood test at the beginning of treatment to prove I wasn't pregnant (which was kind of ironic, seeing as I'm a virgin...).

I've had 3 derm appts during my entire 6-month treatment.

Sounds like everyone in America has it so much harder!

wow, do you know the price of other meds (without insurance?)

i must say the price gouging is getting out of hand yet nothing being done about it...

I want to know what insurance you have that covers accutane for just a $5 co-pay. I'm on Blue Cross and I ended up paying close to $300 for a 45g tube of Differin, a 45g tube of Duac, and 1 month's worth of Minocycline. A very steep price, seeing as the insurance only covered $30 of each prescription. I cant even imagine what it would cost to get me tane...I'm going to discuss it at my next derm appt if my treatment does not work out.