Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcat

Time between the wrongdoing and the actual outbreak?

You eat something bad, you aren't carefull enough with your skin (or whatever you think causes acne). How much time will pass before the outbreak occures?

Imagine that friday you wake up with a pretty shitty face, did something that you eat/did the day before caused it? Or maybe two days before or maybe... I need answers :ninja:

I've heard so many different things - like that zits take up to 5 weeks to form. I can tell right away when I'm using the wrong product because I break out right away. Maybe the cysts take longer to form?

If I eat pork or nuts or lots of milk products like cheese, I can count the weeks, usually 1 to 2 and I have got a neck full of zits. Seems those little sob's attack me there!

You eat something bad, you aren't carefull enough with your skin (or whatever you think causes acne). How much time will pass before the outbreak occures?

Imagine that friday you wake up with a pretty shitty face, did something that you eat/did the day before caused it? Or maybe two days before or maybe... I need answers :ninja:

No. This is a myth. Food does not make you break out. Stressing about what you think may break you out will break you out. My boyfriend is convinced that chocolate makes him break out. But, I have to remind him, that he is making himself break out by stressing about what he ate and what it may do that causes it.

Stress is a big factor. And, actually it's only toxic things like smoking, drugs, or alcohol that can have an affect like that. Not saying anything that you have done that. But, those are only factors for breakouts. It can also be a hormonal breakout. Too much testosterone can cause an outbreak or steroids. It is nothing you ate. So, maybe it was something else. I know. It sucks to have to sit there and wonder why and what. I can only tell you what i know. I hope this has helped! :pray:

Everyone needs to rent What The Bleep Do We Know

pay attention. it's a stupid movie but it will change your life.

It's all about Quantum Physics and the power our minds have.

Anyone else seen this movie???

For me, most cases I get the pimple(s) the next day or the following day at the latest. ESPECIALLY soda!

I have no idea why my skin goes crazy from a can of soda, I've been off of it for several weeks, I'm losing

my craving very very very slowly.

"wealwaysknew" please don't say certain foods don't cause pimples. Some people it does, some people

it doesn't. Just because you read all over the internet from professional websites that it's a myth, doesn't mean it is. These studies are usually done with 100 people, you can't base this on every single person

with acne prone skin.

For me, most cases I get the pimple(s) the next day or the following day at the latest. ESPECIALLY soda!

I have no idea why my skin goes crazy from a can of soda, I've been off of it for several weeks, I'm losing

my craving very very very slowly.

"wealwaysknew" please don't say certain foods don't cause pimples. Some people it does, some people

it doesn't. Just because you read all over the internet from professional websites that it's a myth, doesn't mean it is. These studies are usually done with 100 people, you can't base this on every single person

with acne prone skin.

Listen, I am not basing this on what i have read on the internet. I have spent years researching many types of areas and doctors. Pimples don't SUDDENLY appear. They take up to two weeks to form. That is a scientific fact. So, if you had soda two weeks ago, then yes, maybe it does make you break out. I am only here to help from what i know. Im sorry if what i said, you do not agree with. Im not here to piss people off.

Mine take 2 days MAX--most of the time sooner. I know that because I do the exact same regimen every morning and am clear. The only time I break out is if I try a new product.