Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest emrtnz

Work

"If I don't work, they won't want to pay me.

If they don't pay me, I don't eat."

I applaud your statement that you want to be a good worker! That's awesome! Too many people don't care, but there is nobility in nearly every job, if you look for it!

i just go out and do a good job and not think about my face. umm what did you do at those theme parks?

Guest emrtnz

i just go out and do a good job and not think about my face. umm what did you do at those theme parks?

you worked for disney world? what did you do, i may be working there next semester.

At Universal I worked in Revenue Operations (Merchandise).

At Disney I worked in Food & Beverage at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland.

If your acne is that serious, and it has such a huge impact on you why don't you consider taking accutane?

I am, actually. Just started my second month on it, and unfortunately, to no results. Everyone has been telling me to tough it out and be patient, so I am. :shrug:

Guest dingybobstuart

It gets hard...

When i have to deal with people, i usually get the impression they think less of me.

I remember i was in a meeting once and everytime i spoke with this company rep, he had a stupid grin on his face that he was trying to hide... didnt hide it all that well though.

When im at work though, i do my best to not think about it. I have my own office, so i can basically go all day without seeing anyone if i really wanted to.

It gets hard...

When i have to deal with people, i usually get the impression they think less of me.

I remember i was in a meeting once and everytime i spoke with this company rep, he had a stupid grin on his face that he was trying to hide... didnt hide it all that well though.

When im at work though, i do my best to not think about it. I have my own office, so i can basically go all day without seeing anyone if i really wanted to.

do you YO?

I don't work, but I go to high school and there's alot of pressure to look good. I just remind myself every morning that I'm going to school to get an education and to forget about what others think. A few years from now it really won't matter how I looked like or the clothes I wore, what will matter is what I learned and how I used it. (hehe, I stole this quote from a poster thats in my Math class.. I read it everyday. It's really an inspiration ;) )

If you work in a customer service oriented place, customers are going to care less about your appearance (as long as you don't come to work looking like a slob) than they are how you treat them. Those kind of places also provide great opportunities to build self-confidence because they show you that what really counts is how you interact with people from the time you say hi to the time you part.

This is doubly good for you my friend because accutane WILL clear you up so if you learn how to deal with your socializing shite now imagine how much fun you'll be having down the road...trust me, the same situation has happened/is happening for me.

I work in a salon in beverly hills. I'm surrounded by mirrors, natural light, and unbelievably beautiful people. So I know exactly how hard it can be to go to work when you just don't feel up to par. I wish my experience had given me some useful advice to pass on to you. But all I can say is that if you love what you do and you're good at what you do, keep doing it. "Make it rock". Talent, skill, and ambition always override fleeting beauty.

I made a special trip to Orlando to try to get a job at Disney World (I had set up an interview several weeks in advance) and the interviewer was a fucking bitch. Seriously I'll spit in that happyflowers's face if I ever see her again (not that I remember what her stupid face looked like).