Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smalls03

Breaking out during the winter months and little break outs during the summer

Has anyone had more problems with their skin breaking out in the winter months as opposed to spring and summer?? My face does become drier, but it is still dry during the summer. I'm just frustrated because my skin has been good for about 5 months now and then all of a sudden it is breaking out big time! I have used just about everything. I'm currently using Retin-A micro and have been for the 5 months. I have had a hard time using cleansers because they dry out my face too much. I dont want to go on Accutane, but I'm sick of dealing with the cycle of having good skin and then having bad skin. Anyone have any suggestions on what to try next or what works best for their sensitive skin in the winter time. I just want to be done with this acne shit!! Of course we all do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone had more problems with their skin breaking out in the winter months as opposed to spring and summer?? My face does become drier, but it is still dry during the summer. I'm just frustrated because my skin has been good for about 5 months now and then all of a sudden it is breaking out big time! I have used just about everything. I'm currently using Retin-A micro and have been for the 5 months. I have had a hard time using cleansers because they dry out my face too much. I dont want to go on Accutane, but I'm sick of dealing with the cycle of having good skin and then having bad skin. Anyone have any suggestions on what to try next or what works best for their sensitive skin in the winter time. I just want to be done with this acne shit!! Of course we all do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i think the only way to solve the problem is accutane or aging

when ur skin gets drier

the skin thinks u dont have enough water in ur skin

so the oil gland produces oil to protect ur skin

if u r a sensitive skin

then u shoulnt use retin A

its a pretty strong medicine

try to moisturize ur skin more(the one without oil)

then ur skin wont produce as much oil as now

because it doesnt need to

it is one tough job to dealing a bad skin

i really hope my age would stay before 12 years old

:P

try to use a gentle cleaner

i tried tons of cleaner

and none of them worked for me

and in the end

only one cleanser works for me though

but too bad i cant buy it in america

it only produce in my home country Taiwan

just try to be gentle to ur skin

and try not to make it dry(dry doesnt means anti acne)

I'm in the same boat as you are. From October until May my skin will start breaking out. I already went through Differin, Anti biotics, Tazorac, Erythromycin, Clyndamycin, BP washes and my acne was controlled very well. But in the colder seasons the breakouts really annoy me cause they do get bad sometimes and they last long through the season until summer time when my face is very clear.

Now I'm back on Taz and trying Benzamycin to control all the new breakouts on my cheeks and forehead. But this year it's kinda more ugly cause my face is red from benzamycin and forehead is not smooth.

I guess that's the curse of acne, it wil never go away for good, but maybe over time as I get older.

do you live on the coast? I live on the beach.. every summer I am at the beach all day swimming in the ocean and getting lots of sun. The salt water helps immensely, it's like a miracle cure for me, and the sun helps my skin tone. I have stopped breaking out in the winter though, because 1. I'm on accutane, and 2. I got a new wetsuit so I go surfing in the winter now, too. :D

do you live on the coast? I live on the beach.. every summer I am at the beach all day swimming in the ocean and getting lots of sun. The salt water helps immensely, it's like a miracle cure for me, and the sun helps my skin tone. I have stopped breaking out in the winter though, because 1. I'm on accutane, and 2. I got a new wetsuit so I go surfing in the winter now, too. :D

I dont live on the coast, but I wish I did! I have lived in cold Montana for my whole life. I would love to go surfing. I find that the sun does help my skin quite a bit obviously with my skin being better in the summer, but I dont want to deal with bad effects later. Its a hard choice to make. You need to ship me some salt water so I can have some of that miracle cure.

Ive been on all things too. I'm currently on Retin-A micro. It works really well for me at first, but it seems like my skin becomes immune to it's benefits. I've tried Differin also and of course benzoyl peroxide, clindomyocine, a combo of BP and Clindomyocine. I even have this sulfate liquid stuff that seemed to work pretty well. I tried birth control too and it seemed to make my acne even worse. I know it did not get better. I've tried a bunch of oral antibiotics as well. I have not tried tazorac yet??? Ive read some posts and people have said that it seems to work. I need something new that wont dry out my skin too bad. It is pretty sensitive in the winter and still manages to be oily!

I'm trying to get to the dermatologist soon. Any suggestions on what I should try next. Accutane is always on my mind, but I dont know if I'm quite ready for that. It would be nice to have really clear skin! It just scares me a little.