Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lolinternets

question about removing face-makeup

and by 'face-makeup' i mean stuff like foundation, concealer, mineral makeup, whatever it is you use to cover your blemishes.

i'm going for a different approach with my acne, which is that i'll stop with the chemicals and start with things like oils(jojoba :cool:), vinegar, water, etc. and more specifically, trying the face-dipping regimen.

question, though.

given that i'm not going to be using anymore facial cleansers/makeup removers or whatever, how can i remove my makeup otherwise? i use mineral makeup, by the way. and it doesn't just come off with water, unless i want to rub it off a bunch with a towel which would really irritate my skin and doesn't.. sound very good.

any ideas? :dance:

I remove my makeup with cleanser and water, but it doesnt remove everything, so then I use a gentle toner.

I haven't tried this, but my Aloe vera gel tube says it is good for removing makeup. Aloe vera is sure a great thing to have.

well, try using something natural. About a week ago i started using this herbal soap. I've noticed a change in my skin, it's much smoother, and after i wash, my face isn't irritated at all. Before i started using this soap, i was using st.ives apricot scrub, it washed away all my makeup, but left my skin a bit irritated and a bit itchy.

Herbal Soap! <3

Is it bad I use a washcloth? :shifty:

Nope, not at all. I spoke with my doc about that. As long as you let it dry after each use and you change the face cloth every 2-3 days its better than any cleanser. A cleanser is just using more gunk on your skin to wash off old gunk.

well, try using something natural. About a week ago i started using this herbal soap. I've noticed a change in my skin, it's much smoother, and after i wash, my face isn't irritated at all. Before i started using this soap, i was using st.ives apricot scrub, it washed away all my makeup, but left my skin a bit irritated and a bit itchy.

Herbal Soap! <3

yeah, my skin is very sensitive and gets red easily. i only used st. ives apricot scrub when i needed to seriously get rid of flakiness.

herbal soap sounds good. :D what is the kind you use called, and where'd you get it? thanks!

Is it bad I use a washcloth? :shifty:

Nope, not at all. I spoke with my doc about that. As long as you let it dry after each use and you change the face cloth every 2-3 days its better than any cleanser. A cleanser is just using more gunk on your skin to wash off old gunk.

I use a new washcloth everyday :D I'm set :cool: