Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CharlesInCharge

Facial redness section.

Hello! I have been on these forums for quite some time (about one year). And recently I have just gotten off of my 1st (and hopefully only) course of accutane. Like some but not all accutane users the course exacerbated my facial redness (Rosacea).

Recently I have been going crazy looking up more and more information about it. I also noticed we don't have a section that really pertains to the subject directly so I find myself traveling over to http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/ for discussion. Don't get me wrong I love to go over there and chat with those people but I think it would be great to have our own little section here on the great ol' .org.

I'm sure many people would take interest in this topic because a massive 14 million people suffer from facial redness or adult acne as it is sometimes called.

Thanks for reading my suggestion and I hope you take it into consideration!

I think this is a good idea. The only thing I see with it is that Dan recently added a bunch of new boards and updated them (I think it's difficult and time consuming for Joel to add new boards) but maybe we could add in Rosacea as part of another existing board. Maybe the light/laser therapy section or something like that...or another board that isn't as active as the others.

I think this is a good idea too, I'm technically almost clear now but suffering from extreme redness and it'd be a lot easier to have a separate forum or sub-forum for it, if possible ;)

I think this is a good idea. The only thing I see with it is that Dan recently added a bunch of new boards and updated them (I think it's difficult and time consuming for Joel to add new boards) but maybe we could add in Rosacea as part of another existing board. Maybe the light/laser therapy section or something like that...or another board that isn't as active as the others.

Yeah, adding it as a sub-forum would probably be the best idea considering it probably wouldn't get as much attention as other topics.

Just somewhere to discuss it and not be off-topic would be nice :D

Actually I think rosacea deserves it's own board, not a sub-board, since it's quite widepsread.

I'm sure many have it here.

I agree I really think it should. I also think that some people might be surprised as to how much discussion we might have over the subject.

New if we could just get a mod to make the subject on the board.

I think this is a good idea.

Maybe the light/laser therapy section or something like that...

I'd say put it under acne types as acne rosacea.

I disagree that it should be in the light/laser therapy section. I mean how is that related, except the fact that laser/light therapy can also be used to treat rosacea? And besides, there are other treatments for rosacea than laser/lights.

I think this is a good idea.

Maybe the light/laser therapy section or something like that...

I'd say put it under acne types as acne rosacea.

I agree with this suggestion.

just 4 the record I'm thinking of starting a board. I've got the idea that this board is really good but misses the bulls eye. I would like comments?

just 4 the record I'm thinking of starting a board. I've got the idea that this board is really good but misses the bulls eye. I would like comments?

There is a good board for Rosacea actully. It's http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/index.php

But Acne.org doesn't have a section for it. I come here often so to discuss rosacea with familiar people would be nice.

I remember reading somewhere on this site that there used to be a rosacea forum, but it never saw much action and was removed most likely for that reason. Since rosacea is not as unknown a skin condition as it once was, I think that should the forum return it would be of more use.

Oh, here's the thread where I read that there used to be a rosacea forum, and LionQueen was the one who mentioned it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&hl=rosacea

Actually, the person who started the above mentioned thread is the same person who started this newer thread, so maybe my comments weren't necessary. Oh well.

You all may already know this but I just noticed several products for Rosacea at Walmart. In the pharmacy section, with the bandaids and antibiotic ointments and stuff. At the top of the shelf. There were several products targeted for Rosacea, I'm sorry I can't remember any of the names.

You all may already know this but I just noticed several products for Rosacea at Walmart. In the pharmacy section, with the bandaids and antibiotic ointments and stuff. At the top of the shelf. There were several products targeted for Rosacea, I'm sorry I can't remember any of the names.

I might have to check them out!

But through my studies on Rosacea there really isn't that much you can do about the redness and flushing aspect of it. Low level light based therapies like Red and Yellow LED's are popular but they are quite expensive and I'm not sure if I want to spend the cash. Beta Blockers have worked wonders for some people. Things like IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) work for some along with other types of Lasers/Lights. Some Oral antibiotics work too.

I believe that the "true" cure to Rosacea will be an oral antiseptic. But we are way far from anything like that. Most of the topical products are all pure crap. Take Eucerin Redness Relief for example. I've been using that for 2 months and I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever. If anything the flushing and redness are only getting worse as time goes on.

The only thing us Rosaceans can do is basically use makeup to covers the immense ugliness of the redness and flushing that occurs.

:boohoo:

P.S. - Brandy, do you have any control over whether or not the topic can be put onto the forums?