Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IPB Image

The Supplement fact says Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 500 mg the other ingredits in it are

Other Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Vegetable Stearic Acid, Cellulose (Plant Origin), Methylcellulose, Magnesium Silicate, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Cellulose Coating. Coated for ease of swallowing WE HAVE ASSAYED & FULLY GUARANTEE THE QUALITY & POTENCY OF THIS PRODUCT.

Is this bad?? Also how come people say to take 20 pills a day (10 grams) when the directions says DIRECTIONS: For adults, take one (1) tablet daily, preferably with a meal.

?!?!?

"Is this the Vitamin B5 to buy?"...YES!

"come people say to take 20 pills a day (10 grams) when the directions says DIRECTIONS: For adults, take one (1) tablet daily, preferably with a meal"...They started from 1g and worked up to 10g after several months.

I am taking vitB5 now, just as directed, 1g a day!

Good Luck!

I thought Time Release was the better one to get? In the FAQ it says this:

Because of our time-release formula. Regardless of how many pills you take, the fact is that your body can only absorb a small amount of vitamin B5 at once. "Mega-dosing" is effective not simply because of the amount of B5 you take, but largely because of the frequency. By releasing vitamin B5 slowly and evenly over the course of about 6 hours, Puritan supplies just the right amount of B5 for your body to absorb at regular intervals, and thus is just as effective as mega-dose treatments, only much easier on you.

www.swansonvitamins.com

just look under pantothenic acid and there's a 250 500mg capsule bottle for like $10. Best price I've found so far.

trust me its worse, just get normal stuff

why is it worse? I am currently using Vitacure but had bought time-release B5... are you saying its not as effective?

I have read so many links today that I can't rememebr where I saw it.....but it definitely says not to use timed released.

i actually didn't even know they had a XR pantothenic acid.

first off, there is no regulation on time release (xr) of supplements. they could put it on there even if it wasn't and they would not be breaking any laws like the way that actual drugs are monitored. i would say if you plan on take it once a day, xr would be good. if you are going to take one at every meal, don't bother with that.

100 mg 3x a day is what i started on. but b5 alonehad negative effects for me. now i take 100mg at night with a low dose b complex. then i take the same b complex at breakfast and lunch, but no b5.

if you really like b5 and plan on buying it regularly you can save a hell of a lot of money buying b5 powder from bulknutrition.com and either fillin up the capsule things yourself or just mixing a small amount into a drink. the amount of powder for $20 is equal to over 10 bottles of capsules.

ive bought mine from www.swansonvitamins.com

now im down to 4g a day, taking 2 pills 4 times a day, and b50 complex morning andnight. I dont think b5s really been the asnwer to my pimples because ive drastically cut down from 15g in a short period of time. I think its jsut me washing my face 3 times a day and working out everymorning. Now I havemild acne and some blemishes.