Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi guys

so i have finally cleared up most of acne (touch wood) and have got my confidence back going out and being social with friends etc... (the key in my recovery was shaving every day, NOT touching pimples at all.. this might sound gross but the best way i found to remove a pimple was to put some clean tissue over your fingers and gently pick the top (puss bit) off and then dont touch it at all after that. just let the bad stuff come out and then heal).

anyway the thing is... dating.

i had a pretty rough break up with my ex of 2 years ago (which i think caused my acne) and have only just got over her whilst i was clearing up. then on saturday night a friend who i have known for 6 years tells me that she has liked ever since we met. so.. we were drunk and kissed.

now she wants to meet up and go out which is fine. she is a nice girl and very pretty. but getting back onto dating is difficult for me. lots of phsycological effects still lingering and i have a little bacne which i cant fkin clear up.. plus scars from previous bacne..

anyway.. just looking out for some support and advice... im not sure how to take this.. what to do?!?!?!

:wall:

She's liked you since she met you.. which means she liked you when you had acne too, no? So as for the milllld bacne you cant remove - Strike that problem off your list.

no i got acne inbetween when we didnt see each other for a couple of years.. so basically she hasnt seen me at my worst.

anyway.. thanks for the advice guys. gonna play it cool and see what happens :cool:

yeh....

i'm in a not too disimilar position.

my face is pretty clear now, not perfect but alright. anyway, i still get some acne on back and shoulders! not too keen on getting naked in front of anyone!

due to acne and depression i didn't date for ages and ages so it's really frightening to get back on the horse so to speak.

anyway, good luck! my advice is if u do get naked, just keep the lights off!

tim

Guest ilovepancakes

very nice. dating is fun, youll have a good time. good luck

take it day by day. And when you go out, have a good time, dont treat it as an interview. Talk to her about things that aren't that important, things that just make a good convo. Get to know her over time (if you see its worth it instead of getting to know her all on the 1st or 2nd date.) just try and relax and not make the date as serious as it is because it shouldn't be.

but in general have a good time, and congratz for everything and I'm glad to hear your back in dating.

hi guys

so i have finally cleared up most of acne (touch wood) and have got my confidence back going out and being social with friends etc... (the key in my recovery was shaving every day, NOT touching pimples at all.. this might sound gross but the best way i found to remove a pimple was to put some clean tissue over your fingers and gently pick the top (puss bit) off and then dont touch it at all after that. just let the bad stuff come out and then heal).

anyway the thing is... dating.

i had a pretty rough break up with my ex of 2 years ago (which i think caused my acne) and have only just got over her whilst i was clearing up. then on saturday night a friend who i have known for 6 years tells me that she has liked ever since we met. so.. we were drunk and kissed.

now she wants to meet up and go out which is fine. she is a nice girl and very pretty. but getting back onto dating is difficult for me. lots of phsycological effects still lingering and i have a little bacne which i cant fkin clear up.. plus scars from previous bacne..

anyway.. just looking out for some support and advice... im not sure how to take this.. what to do?!?!?!

:wall:

I feel the same way right now, I am in your exact predicament. And guess what, the key to MY recovery was shaving as well!! Anyway, yeah I just met a girl too, and she is awesome, but I do still have some insecurities left over from acne, but just keep telling yourself, if she really truly likes who you are, it wont matter. Just keep doing things to amaze her, and she wont give a shit about your acne or whatever...trust me, im going through the same thing. If she does have a problem with it, you need to make it easy for yourself to let go of her and keep looking for that perfect girl who will blow your socks off :).

Don't worry about the bacne. It sounds like she already likes you. I can't imagine her deciding not to like you afterward over a little bacne. It's hard to date after you haven't done it in a while. That's good your confidence is up, that's kind of a prerequisite for dating. A girl doesn't usually want to be around an unconfident guy. Try to be yourself as much as possible, keep things a little spontanious, and don't worry about your past it is in the past and has no relevance to your situation now.

Yes, good luck!

You will be fine, just be yourself and all that! Think positive thoughts to yourself and go with the flow!

(sounds like I am an expert! lol)

Anyway let us know how you go on.