Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiscoBloodbath

best mineral make up brushes?

im thinking about trying out EM but, i neard that their kabuki brush was horrific. is this true? is it true for all their brushes? and which is the best brand you've used?

im thinking about trying out EM but, i neard that their kabuki brush was horrific. is this true? is it true for all their brushes? and which is the best brand you've used?

I wouldn't say horrific but I would say it wasn't the best... I found it better than baremineral's kabuki, but let's just say I'm still in the market for a new mineral make up brush

i LOVE EM's premium kabuki brush... so soft, works wonders!! Maybe it was EM's 'baby' kabuki brsuh that wasnt good. I also read this too. Though this brush is excellent!

IPB Image

i LOVE EM's premium kabuki brush... so soft, works wonders!! Maybe it was EM's 'baby' kabuki brsuh that wasnt good. I also read this too. Though this brush is excellent!

IPB Image

you know thats what i dont get. all the bad reviews ive heard, are for this kabuki brush w/ brown hair not white. the one you showed is newer i think. so, im guessing they no longer sell the original?

yes they sell this one still^ i love it!!! Brown hair? not sure, which one?

IPB Image cold be this one? this brush is substituing for their 'old' baby kabuki. They brought this one out, for people who dont really want to spend alot of money.

IPB Image cold be this one? this brush is substituing for their 'old' baby kabuki. They brought this one out, for people who dont really want to spend alot of money.

actually, i was referring to this one:

IPB Image

i dont see this brush on sale on their website, so i supposed it was the one everyone had been talking about.

Everyday Minerals White Kabuki Brush is an okay brush it does shed and is soft and nice. It's even affordable too!

But I highly Reccomend Joppa or Aubrey Nicole's Kabuki Brush softest brush ever and it's about $13 for it. Well worth it and doesn't shed a hair. which is really good!

i bought the aubrey nicole kabuki brush, it's really really soft. kinda big which is good for the whole face, i may need to buy one that's more for a spot treatment area.

i think joppa and aubrey sell the same brush, so go with the cheaper one then.

actually, i was referring to this one:

IPB Image

i dont see this brush on sale on their website, so i supposed it was the one everyone had been talking about.

ahh that one. yes thats the baby kabuki. They dont sell this anymore. Had really bad reviews.

that looks a little big to be the baby kabuki (which i have/don't use now). it's the size of the premium kabuki, but brown. maybe it's an older everyday kabuki model?

It depends on what you are looking for. There are pros and cons to different types of brushes. Natural bristles contain natural oil, which can harbor bacteria, even if washed regularly, yet some types are truly the softest, Italian Badger for instance. The cheapest natural brushes are usually made of pony hair, but you can find decent priced squirrel & goat which are a step up softness wise from pony.

Synthetic may be to harsh on sensitive skin, so use with caution. I only use Taklon brushes gently around my eyes or for concealer. If you decide on synthetics, your best bet may be purchasing them from an arts & craft store in the paint department!

Either way it is best to buy from a reputable company to avoid brushes that shed. Make sure you know how to properly care for and wash them so they last a long time.

High quality brushes can be purchased from www.crownbrush.com. Most smaller mineral make-up companies purchase their brushes from Crown or other similar places and up the price.

I find for myself, I can obtain a much more nautral look when I do not use a Kabuki brush, so I like a fluffy blush or powder brush for mineral foundation and a Taklon concealer brush (from Bella Brush) to cover any blemishes.

wooooow! thank you soo much you guys. you've all been so helpful. seriously, i am loving this MB. and crownbrush.com is AWSOME! thanks. :w00t:

Revised-

oh damn, in order to buy at crown you've gotta spend a minimum of $25. :confused::cry: and they have a most awsome kabuki!

is this brush any good?

IPB Image

i want a brush that is soft, but not too soft. or maybe what im trying to say it that i want it to be really stuffed and therefor not easily bendable.

i know what you mean by soft but not so bendable. I dont know about the brush you posted above. Which site did you find it on?

i know what you mean by soft but not so bendable. I dont know about the brush you posted above. Which site did you find it on?

ohh! i forgot to post the name :lol:. its the EM Everyday Powder Brush.

here's a better picture, got it off the site:

IPB Image

Quick question: Get you get away using a powder brush, instead of a kabuki brush for applying the mineral foundation??

I have been using a powder brush- Sonia Kashuk from Target- and it has been working great!

I don't know, I have bought 4 kabukis over the last 2 years, and I also looked at all those sites. I am just completely stuck on my Signature Minerals Buki. Sooooooooooooo soft, so nice, no shedding!!!! (and besides all that - its a very good price!)