Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the who?

Eating Healthy & Bodybuilding

Here is my proposed diet:

Meal 1: Green Smoothie (2 apples, 1 lemon, 6 kale leaves, juice)

Meal 2: Chicken Burrito with rice (brown unless i eat out), beans, guacamole, cheese

Meal 3: Protein Shake

Meal 4: Chicken Bowl with brown rice, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers, or green beans (usually 2-3 of these ingredients)

Meal 5: Protein Shake

Meal 6: Leftovers from chicken bowl, another burrito, or something else with chicken

I will also eat HempPlus cereal or snack on an apple or something occasionally

I try to drink at least a gallon of water every day

Now obviously I eat a ridiculous amount of protein every day, but I lift heavy weight in the gym 5 times a week and I'm trying to gain muscle mass. Question is, is this healthy in general, and specifically for my acne. I'm going to see a naturopath soon to get my hormone levels and food allergies tested, but until then I want to eat as healthy as possible.

Looks fine. There only problems I see *may* be the cheese and the burrito due to the dairy and the gluten. They may not affect you at all but these seem to be the two biggest triggers (along with sugar) Get your food allergies checked so you know for sure.

Meal 2: Chicken Burrito with rice (brown unless i eat out), beans, guacamole, cheese

Meal 4: Chicken Bowl with brown rice, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers, or green beans (usually 2-3 of these ingredients)

Meal 6: Leftovers from chicken bowl, another burrito, or something else with chicken

Now obviously I eat a ridiculous amount of protein every day, but I lift heavy weight in the gym 5 times a week and I'm trying to gain muscle mass. Question is, is this healthy in general, and specifically for my acne. I'm going to see a naturopath soon to get my hormone levels and food allergies tested, but until then I want to eat as healthy as possible.

No. Case closed.

:ninja:

If you want to see a real bodybuilder with real results and still acne-free with a huge following, look for me in WBB. Good luck!

When you say 'no,' which question are you referring to?

And I am a real bodybuilder...with real results...because I'm a real person...

your post has left me more confused then the time I went and saw Mr. & Mrs. Spy after smoking a few bowls.

your post has left me more confused then the time I went and saw Mr. & Mrs. Spy after smoking a few bowls.

'No' was to the entire post and how it relates to your goal. That diet/regimen/routine is not for building mass or for a "real bodybuilder". Do you even know what it takes to be a "real bodybuilder"? I'm one in training and from what you posted, you don't seem like you even know what the basics are. What is 'a lot of protein' in your opinion?

Case closed.

Look dude, I've understand you're supposed to eat twice your body weight in protein daily, eat every 2 hours, etc. I'm a busy person (work, school, lift, etc.) and I do my best with the diet. I'm just trying to gain some weight and stay in shape, not become the next Mr. Olympia. I know you'd like to think you're some sort of undying mecca of a human, but the fact is, you're basically just a deusch with a shit-eating grin who thinks he knows everything. I do pretty well for my weight (~180) and can deadlift 425. I started lifting 6 months ago and have since then gained 35 pounds and maintain a low BF percentage. You're right, I don't even know the basics.

You can leave now, thanks.

Look dude, I've understand you're supposed to eat twice your body weight in protein daily, eat every 2 hours, etc. I'm a busy person (work, school, lift, etc.) and I do my best with the diet. I'm just trying to gain some weight and stay in shape, not become the next Mr. Olympia. I know you'd like to think you're some sort of undying mecca of a human, but the fact is, you're basically just a deusch with a shit-eating grin who thinks he knows everything. I do pretty well for my weight (~180) and can deadlift 425. I started lifting 6 months ago and have since then gained 35 pounds and maintain a low BF percentage. You're right, I don't even know the basics.

You can leave now, thanks.

ROTFLMAO! You obviously read too much into my post. I wasn't being sarcastic or whatever you thought I was doing. Anyways good deadlift. Case closed.

It sounded like you were just trying to talk shit or whatever, but if you were trying to be helpful...then thank you, I must have read your post wrong. What diet do you follow that can help build muscle without causing breakouts.

It sounded like you were just trying to talk shit or whatever, but if you were trying to be helpful...then thank you, I must have read your post wrong. What diet do you follow that can help build muscle without causing breakouts.

What I did the first couple of months (not currently following 100% because I am on so much stuff, and my face isn't really the issue right now, but my musculoskeletal problems from the fast weight gain) is the following:

Meal 1: Oatmeal, Eggs, Milk (lots of it)

Meal 2: Meat or Fish & 2 Vegetables

Meal 3: Chinese takeout of Chicken & Broccoli

Meal 4: Mighty 3000

Meal 5: 1 lbs (I kid you not) of baked plain chicken breast, whole box of macaroni and cheese, and green beans or spinach (from the can) and milk

Meal 6: If time allows another Mighty 3000

*Mighty 3000 is a weightgainer I used to take. If you want more details on stuff I take now, PM me because I'd rather not disclose that stuff here but through PM or on WBB.

I am still very clear but **** happens and I can't concentrate on eating super clean and still hope to gain any considerable muscle mass (155 lbs to 190 lbs in 4 months and going for 200 lbs by Dec 31st)

Good luck!

Case closed.

'No' was to the entire post and how it relates to your goal. That diet/regimen/routine is not for building mass or for a "real bodybuilder". Do you even know what it takes to be a "real bodybuilder"?

Don't speak as if you knew it Necromancer

There are rather definite guidelines to mass building and you exceed them by 250%

It doesn't mean anything whether you are growing muscles or not

You CAN'T prove that you wouldn't be gaining that much if you followed the guidelines and decreased your calories and protein intake.

As I said I do believe that thousands of extra calories in your diet are completely useless

You would get the same identical results with less, except that you wouldn't be gaining that much fat

Some guidelines for you "the who":

Calories:

18 calories per pound of lean body mass is usually enough to bulk

If you're an hard gainer and see no results with such amount increase it to:

20 calories per pound of lean body mass

if even that is not enough (very rarely) you can go up as much as

22 calories per pound of body weight

Protein:

The last studies on nitrogen balance which take into account the increased turnover and the factor of being a beginner support the value of 0.8 grams per pound of "lean body mass" (not weight)

It's okay to aproximate to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass but all the studies found no further results with intake higher than that, that's because once the nitrogen balance is positive there are no further benefits in adding more proteins

Fat:

The rest of the calories will come from fat and carbohydrates

It's rather a subjetive choice whether to have more carbs and less fat or more fat and less carbs but fat is actually essential. Not only we need an obligatory amount of essential fatty acids that we can't synthesize ourselves (while we can synthesize all other fats including saturated ones) but we also need a certain minimal amount to allow the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and to lubricate organs and joints

Strive for a minimum of 0.40 grams per lb of body weight

Water:

Strive for at least 1 ml per each calories consumed

Consuming all those extra calories won't do anything that you can't do with more humane humans, except shortening your life that's it (overconsumption of calories raises free radicals and decrease longevity in all clinical trials, that's because nothing produces as much oxidative stress as calories and digesting foods)

'No' was to the entire post and how it relates to your goal. That diet/regimen/routine is not for building mass or for a "real bodybuilder". Do you even know what it takes to be a "real bodybuilder"?

Don't speak as if you knew it Necromancer

There are rather definite guidelines to mass building and you exceed them by 250%

It doesn't mean anything whether you are growing muscles or not

You CAN'T prove that you wouldn't be gaining that much if you followed the guidelines and decreased your calories and protein intake.

As I said I do believe that thousands of extra calories in your diet are completely useless

You would get the same idential results with less, except that you wouldn't be gaining that much fat

Some guidelines for your the who:

Calories:

18 calories per pound of lean body mass is usually enough to bulk

If you're an hard gainer and see no results with such amount increase it to:

20 calories per pound of lean body mass

if even that is not enough (very rarely) you can go up as much as

22 calories per pound of body weight

Protein:

The last studies on nitrogen balance which take into account the increased turnover and the factor of being a beginner support the value of 0.8 grams per pound of "lean body mass" (not weight)

It's okay to aproximate to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass but all the studies found no further results with intake higher than that, that's because once the nitrogen balance is positive there are no further benefits in adding more proteins

Fat:

The rest of the calories will come from fat and carbohydrates

It's rather a subjetive choice whether to have more carbs and less fat or more fat and less carbs but fat is actually essential. Not only we need an obligatory amount of essential fatty acids that we can't synthesize ourselves (while we can synthesize all other fats including saturated ones) but we also need a certain minimal amount to allow the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and to lubricate organs and joints

Strive for a minimum of 0.40 grams per lb of body weight

Water:

Strive for at least 1 ml per each calories consumed

OMG. Another person who has read too many textbooks on the limitations of the human body. I have said this so many times that it is getting old: I have not gained 35 lbs in 4 months of which is mostly muscle (Yes I have had my BF% tested) naturally. Everyone wants to be big, but no one is willing to sacrifice to get big. I already gave 'the who?' some tips in a PM because I don't want 100 replies flaming my post on here. Case closed.

EDIT: P.S. "Getting much fat"? Have you not seen my pictures I have posted here in various threads showing my progress? I am anything but fat. So again, please read into what is going on before flaming me and calling me a retard. I show respect to you, yet you continue to talk down on me like I have no clue of what I am doing.

Guest Stu :-)

No. Case closed.

If you want to see a real bodybuilder with real results and still acne-free with a huge following, look for me in WBB. Good luck!

Your EGO sucks mate, put the bananna down just for a second and carmly think about how you actually come across? Your a very helpful person Necro but cut that bad boy out, you sound like a right TIT..

Get over it. :ninja:

EDIT: P.S. "Getting much fat"? Have you not seen my pictures I have posted here in various threads showing my progress? I am anything but fat. So again, please read into what is going on before flaming me and calling me a retard. I show respect to you, yet you continue to talk down on me like I have no clue of what I am doing.

I'm not flaming you and I have never considered your a retard ... I don't have the presumption to judge people retarded for their own choices

I know it is working for you with 6000 calories a day but you can't prove that you couldn't get the same identical results with 18-20 calories per pound of lean body weight

Anyway I remember your body composition to be 20% fat which means that you gained fat in the process

It's not about being brainwashed by textbook it's just a matter of anatomical and physiological well known rules.

How do you think that increasing your calories so much is resulting in you gaining more mass?

If you say because more protein are going to build more muscles think again

The amount of muscle you can build is not limited by the amount of calories but the amount of teared tissue

As long as your body heals the muscle tissue there's no way that more calories or protien will make your muscles bigger, it's physiologically impossible

Also it's easy provable that more proteins are not being used to grow bigger muscles because you will find their particles in your urine

The last speculative mechanism is saturation of muscle cells through extra calories consumption

But actually muscle cells make themselves rather resistant when there's already ample calories available so they go to the fat cells

I didn't mean to say that you're fat but you have gained fat, it's impossible that you've just gained muscles (you should be an extra-terrestrial or something) and your scales also showed that your fat mass had increased a lot.

I'm just saying that without all those calories you would have gained the SAME amount of muscles but less fat. You believe that if you know decrease your caloric intake by 1500 calories your muscle gain will decrease too. Believe me, this is not true ... you will gain the same amount of muscles you're gaining

I don't talk down to you I have just explained to you why your caloric intake is not necessary

Simply because once you have reached a certain protein and calories threshold adding more calories and more protein is not going to make a difference except increasing the size of your fat cells

I respect you I just disagree with someone you're sayin. See the difference? I'm disregarding what the person says not the person himself, I would do the same even if we were best of friends since childhood

look at sumo wrestlers...eat ALOT all day and dont workout but still have lots of muscle...

eating a lot is neccessary to build muscle...for bodybuilding at least

look at sumo wrestlers...eat ALOT all day and dont workout but still have lots of muscle...

eating a lot is neccessary to build muscle...for bodybuilding at least

sumo wrestlers eat a lot to gain fat rather than muscle

The average fat mass of a sumo wrestler is 39%

The average BMI is 45

Not much muscle atrophy there actually

Eating a lot is not a meaningful concept

Lot means nothing

To build the maximum amount of muscle tissue that one can grow in a week (which is limited by how much a muscle tissue can be micro-injuried before being injured totally, hence about how much one can possibly weight before damanging the muscles rather than microdamaging them and not by how much one eats) anything between 18 to 22 calories per pound of lean body mass is required

More than that won't provide more muscle growth, because muscles are not like tissue that grow as much as you want as long as there are more calories and protein available. It's not like if you could provide 12.000 calories then your muscles will grow more than when you provide just 6.000 calories.

Thats because the amount of calories is not the limiting factor in muscle growth

Necromancer consume 6.000 calories a day

This is absolutely unnecessery

The maximum figure would be for him 4.000 - 4.300 calories a day

He believes that his muscles wouldn't grow so much with just 4.000 calories

He's wrong

When the body finds an homosteasis at 4.000 calories (for someone weighing who is 200 lbs 350 of which fat) and all protein necessary for the increased turnover and building material are provided every 100 calories added to the maximum level of 4.300 if not going to make any difference in muscle growth

4.300 calories is still a lot anyway

but sumo wrestlers still have a lot more muscle than the average person...there fat-muscle ratio is just too much :)

but yeah, 6000 calories is too much...i maintain at around 2600 and rarely when i bulk, i go to 3000

6,000 calories a day for a body builder? Do you have any idea how much lean body mass you would need to have in order justify that kind of caloric intake. I'd stay away from the weight gainers, there's too many total calories per serving, there's no need for that much. Part of bodybuilding is being lean! You can't be lean with that kind of diet! You only really need about 1 - 1.2 lbs of protein per pound of lean body mass as well, unless you're slimming down for a show.

ive seen some powerlifters do this...

normally, they walk around at 300-350 and FAT...but when they slim down, theyre bigger than most natural bodybuilders

what im saying is...just work on building mass and eating alot of food. dont worry about losing the abs...if you bulk and cut alot, youll have slow gains...

just keep eating as much as you can and lift heavy and after a few years, cut down and youll be a beast.

go to t-nation and look up dave tate...

ive seen some powerlifters do this...

normally, they walk around at 300-350 and FAT...but when they slim down, theyre bigger than most natural bodybuilders

what im saying is...just work on building mass and eating alot of food. dont worry about losing the abs...if you bulk and cut alot, youll have slow gains...

just keep eating as much as you can and lift heavy and after a few years, cut down and youll be a beast.

go to t-nation and look up dave tate...

It's impossible not to lose big amount of muscle mass when cutting (no matter the protein intake, that's Eades wishful and pseudoscientific thinking)

That's why one usually bulks on 18 to 22 calories per pound of lean body mass because that would promote fat gain of course but not excessive one so the cutting phase maybe short enough not to lose most of what is gained.

There are very naive bodybuilders who lose 8 pounds of muscle to lose half a pound of fat or gain 8 pounds of fat to gain half a pound of fat

Necromancer is consuming around 40 calories per pound of lean body mass when its lean body mass needs less than 20 calories per pound. Needless to say, and he would know he bought a set of professional electronic calipers, at the end of his bulking the fat gained will be so much that the cutting phase will have to be long enough to allow a loss of almost half the lean body mass gained.