Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicehowmuch

finally clear, so easy!

I am a senior at university of miami and i have had acne since 9th grade. I have never had it too severely but it was always visible. i have tried every single product available (like im sure most of you have) and nothing worked in the long run. I decided to put up a post because i know how many times i researched and read so many of the posts in this forum and others.

My mom recommended that i try this new vitamin/supplement becuase she had recently reinstated her nutrition license. I had never listened to her because i always felt like the vitamin A-Z stuff didnt work. I finally gave in and tried this new product called juice plus. Its two pills or gummies (which i use) that contain the extracts of all your daily fruits and vegetables. Thats it! i have been taking them for four weeks and for the first time in 6 years i am completely clear, with the exception of a few old marks going away. I dont understand it and i dont care, cause it worked. I dont drink a ton of water and i eat horribly, but i have no acne.

I just really wanted to share my success with you. im not trying to sell anything but if you would like to know more, i can get the information about the products from my mom and put them in the responses.

thanks

I am a senior at university of miami and i have had acne since 9th grade. I have never had it too severely but it was always visible. i have tried every single product available (like im sure most of you have) and nothing worked in the long run. I decided to put up a post because i know how many times i researched and read so many of the posts in this forum and others.

My mom recommended that i try this new vitamin/supplement becuase she had recently reinstated her nutrition license. I had never listened to her because i always felt like the vitamin A-Z stuff didnt work. I finally gave in and tried this new product called juice plus. Its two pills or gummies (which i use) that contain the extracts of all your daily fruits and vegetables. Thats it! i have been taking them for four weeks and for the first time in 6 years i am completely clear, with the exception of a few old marks going away. I dont understand it and i dont care, cause it worked. I dont drink a ton of water and i eat horribly, but i have no acne.

I just really wanted to share my success with you. im not trying to sell anything but if you would like to know more, i can get the information about the products from my mom and put them in the responses.

thanks

Hei!! Congratulations :clap::dance:

Im really interested in these supplements. Could you please post the brand and maybe a photo of their box/case whatever? or you could just pm me. Unfortunately i live in a country where i may not find them yet if they're something new :cry: but i can always ask someone to send them to me. :rolleyes:

ehh..

fruits in a pill?

why not just grab a banana?

do you have a link to these things? i'd like to look over the ingredients and try to figure out why these have been so successful for you (i eat only raw, organic fruits, veggies, and egg yolks..so i'm interested in seeing the amount of fruit/veggies per capsule).

congrats

Ive completely cleared my acne too, i use Juice Storm, it was soo easy! even easier than juice plus, you should buy this instead it's much better. Seriously anyone who buys juice plus instead of Juice Storm is throwing good money away. Ive tried juice plus and it did nothing, Juice Storm all the way! I was like so depressed and everything... i had tried everything, then i heard about Juice Storm from a old chinese american indian "healer", she told me of the secret healing benefits of Juice Storm (only £9.99 btw) that traditional himilayan chinesse herbalists have used for months, it has cured many african warrior people of cancer, and a whole load of innuits of AIDS, i was amazed when i found out... i still can't believe it costs under £10! if i were you i'd rush out and buy as much as you can. Remeber Juice Storm only £9.99!

Ive completely cleared my acne too, i use Juice Storm, it was soo easy! even easier than juice plus, you should buy this instead it's much better. Seriously anyone who buys juice plus instead of Juice Storm is throwing good money away. Ive tried juice plus and it did nothing, Juice Storm all the way! I was like so depressed and everything... i had tried everything, then i heard about Juice Storm from a old chinese american indian "healer", she told me of the secret healing benefits of Juice Storm (only 9.99 btw) that traditional himilayan chinesse herbalists have used for months, it has cured many african warrior people of cancer, and a whole load of innuits of AIDS, i was amazed when i found out... i still can't believe it costs under 10! if i were you i'd rush out and buy as much as you can. Remeber Juice Storm only 9.99!

what's the bottle size? and is it available online?

I give up, its a game man, its a game.

hey,

im not trying to sell anything so why would i be making anything up. i just wanted to give some advice on the only product that has helped me. Ive never heard of juice storm but im glad it worked for you. The bottle doesnt display a lot of information about the vitamin percentages, but i found some information on teh extracts. I know it was free for a month through my mom, so there might be a free trial offer.

Juice Plus+® provides the nutritional essence of 17 different fruits, vegetables, and grains in convenient and inexpensive capsule form. Juice Plus+ Orchard Blend® contains seven of the most nutritious fruits around: apples, oranges, pineapple, cranberries, peaches, acerola cherries, and papaya. Juice Plus+ Garden Blend® contains ten nutrient-dense vegetables and grains: carrots, parsley, beets, kale, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, and barley and oat fibers.

The original post is a scam, the person who wrote it is trying to sell you the product, he will benefit somehow from this. You need to open up your eyes, the guy is selling powdered vegetables FFS!

Nicehowmuch: You should be ashamed of yourself.

The original post is a scam, the person who wrote it is trying to sell you the product, he will benefit somehow from this. You need to open up your eyes, the guy is selling powdered vegetables FFS!

Nicehowmuch: You should be ashamed of yourself.

im not trying to benefit anymore than someone recommending dove soap from walgreens. i dont own the product and i dont have anyone who sells it. I couldnt care less if you think its a joke, because i thought it was too. I dont know why it has worked so well, but it has. Im just posting this information because i found it very thoughtful that others have shared their stories and i wanted to do the same.

speaking for myself again, the dosage is way too low.

so how do u take the juice then? how many capsules a day?

EDIT: ok it's 2 pills. i missed that part. but thanks anyway for sharing.

speaking for myself again, the dosage is way too low.

so how do u take the juice then? how many capsules a day?

i was taking two pills of each bottle, but i didnt like the capsules and they would break in the bottle so i bought the gummy version. i take 6 each, but the fruit ones taste like candy and teh vegetables taste ehh. The gummies are teh size of gummy bear and easy to take. i dont know the price but im sure the site will have some information or some vitamin shop will. takes a whole 10 seconds to eat and defintely curbs my burger king and pizza diet. the site juiceplus.com was somewhat informative but when i get home i can post some more information.

Found an article on Juice Plus explaining why it may not be the wonderpill..

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/juiceplus.html

Juice Plus: A Critical Look

Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Here are some quotes from the Articale

Juice Plus+ provides the nutrients in fruits and vegetables, but includes far more beta-carotene than most experts would recommend. In addition, it lacks the fiber and people who think it substitutes for fruits and vegetables might wind up with a higher dietary fat

And some MORE articles on this product...

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/133/11/3725

And some of the controversies surrounding Juice Plus...

http://www.answers.com/topic/juice-plus

Controversies

While NSA maintains that the published studies establish the efficacy of Juice Plus, other sources have argued that the research is flawed and that claims made about the product have been overly vague, misleading, or inaccurate. In 2003, Dr. Bernhard Watzl and Dr. Achim Bub of the Federal Research Centre for Nutrition in Karlsruhe, Germany, published a critical commentary in response to a Juice Plus study by Dr. Samir Samman and colleagues (J Nutr 2003; 133:2188-93), claiming that Juice Plus contained at least 4 nutrients (beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, and folate) that were added to the plant powders to restore nutrients lost during processing. This claim was acknowledged by Dr. Samman in a published reply (J Nutr. 2003;133:3726.), and it suggested that any of the potential benefits of Juice Plus could be attributed to the spiked nutrients rather than to those that may have been present in the original plant sources. Similarly, Dr. Jane Freedman of Boston University School of Medicine published a critical commentary (J Am Coll Cardiol 2003;41:1750-2) regarding a Juice Plus study by Dr. Gary Plotnick and associates (Ibid; p. 1744–9), which raised concerns about the reliability of that study's results and conclusions.

Several of the studies on Juice Plus showed poor results with regard to (a) the content and absorption of several key nutrients and antioxidants, (b) antioxidant effects, and © effects on homocysteine, LDL, and cholesterol levels. Other studies are in progress but have not been published.

A 2003 placebo-controlled study Dr. R.J. Stewart and colleagues (J Am Diet Assoc. 2002;102:1652-7) from the University of Utah, showed that vitamin-fortified Juice Plus Gummie candies did not significantly improve the antioxidant status of subjects, according to the results of 6 different antioxidant tests. The authors stated “It is possible that the supplement did not contain enough of the proper antioxidants to make a significant difference or that the antioxidants extracted in the fruit/vegetable extract were not biologically availableâ€. They also showed that the product consisted mainly of 2 ingredients: corn syrup (85%) and beef gelatin (10%).

Critics also claim that much of the scientific basis for Juice Plus is argued solely per an ad verecundiam argument; a logical fallacy which states that since an authority or journal has done a study involving Juice Plus, then all marketing claims must be true.

i just found out that it costs $40/month. i know that in MLM, u can get 2 pay d distributor's price if u r a distributor or if the distributor sells it to u w/o him getting somethin more. regardless, this is very expensive. juiceplus.com doesnt show what the product contains in detail. and basing it on the wikipedia & answers.com sources provided by CookieKiss & brig (thank u for those info & links) against what sources like Kiesen state of necessary doses, i can certainly say that, in this product, the contents of the key ingredients we need are very low.

i really dont have much problem with taking pills as long as it isnt like an A-Z multivatimin. the vitamins & minerals (& other supplements) will have to come separately in individual bottles for me to get optimum doses. so i prefer to keep my diet & supplements.

nicehowmuch, people here would not believe any new product that promises positive result UNLESS you show some before+after pics. I appreciate if you can upload some pics lol.

But, don't feel sad...just ignore them who think you are selling the product!

im guessing nicehowmuch's needs are lower than what many of us have. s/he said s/he never had acne too severely.

I dont drink a ton of water and i eat horribly, but i have no acne.