Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Rebecca*

No wonder why women feel so much pressure

wow it is absolutely amazing how all these woman we see aren't even themselves .. it is a distortion of a real image .. if I was thaty women I feel so so upset because it is obvious she isn't "beautiful" enough to be put on a bilboard, they have to use an image of her but distort it. So really that model in the final image doesn't even exist. Just thought I would liek to share because I know that I have had so many problems wit my self-esteem over the years because I thought that the images we see daily were realy, but they aren't.

http://www.break.com/index/transformation_of_a_model.html

My boyfriend sent this to me - to show me that I shouldn't be so hard on myself... we're always are own worst critics.

The truly sad thing is the model herself before is gorgeous and yet they still changed a lot of things on her.

I remember Cindy Crawford once said that people shouldn't worship models because most of the time on their best day they don't look like their worst pictures.

the thing is i KNOW models are photoshopped and have all these professionals working on them to look good.. the thing that really makes me upset is walking around my uni campus or mall especially seeing TONS of pretty girls that look flawless clearly without professional help and airbrushing.. im jealous...

the thing is i KNOW models are photoshopped and have all these professionals working on them to look good.. the thing that really makes me upset is walking around my uni campus or mall especially seeing TONS of pretty girls that look flawless clearly without professional help and airbrushing.. im jealous...

I have to agree with you on that. I don't feel bad looking at magazines or watching models on TV- it's all the gorgeous girls walking around that gets to me :confused:

I have to agree with you on that. I don't feel bad looking at magazines or watching models on TV- it's all the gorgeous girls walking around that gets to me :confused:

i hadn't seen this yet either. it's really sad. i too don't admire stars because they do have airbrushes and the time and money to have personal trainers. nor do i admire the girls who are naturally thin and have perfect skin. jealous yes, but admire no. i admire the girl who has had 3 kids and lost her weight the right way and even though she probably has a road map of stretch marks, she's real and she worked for what she has. that's admirable.

the thing that really makes me upset is walking around my uni campus or mall especially seeing TONS of pretty girls that look flawless clearly without professional help and airbrushing.. im jealous...

Though I seen the vid lots, this is a great post. That video always gets me thinking. Then again, I do agree with some, that I get upset going out and seeing gorgeous people with flawless skin who wouldn't even need to be airbrushed in the first place.

Just something to point out...

This video was made to make this point.

However, airbrushing and all those other computer things cost MONEY. They rarely do it.

It is no wonder... I do see some pretty girls and women out there, but like stated before, there are different types of beauty. I think a girl is beautiful and my husband will think she's OK, but not great. Then the gal he thinks is pretty, isn't to me.

Just something to point out...

This video was made to make this point.

However, airbrushing and all those other computer things cost MONEY. They rarely do it.

It is no wonder... I do see some pretty girls and women out there, but like stated before, there are different types of beauty. I think a girl is beautiful and my husband will think she's OK, but not great. Then the gal he thinks is pretty, isn't to me.

Though I seen the vid lots, this is a great post. That video always gets me thinking. Then again, I do agree with some, that I get upset going out and seeing gorgeous people with flawless skin who wouldn't even need to be airbrushed in the first place.